• Published 26th Apr 2013
  • 772 Views, 19 Comments

Winona eats my cinamon roll - Trigger_Finger



Before work can start, Winona eats my only cinamon roll!

  • ...
0
 19
 772

Stupidity bewilders me

I licked the inside of my mouth. The day had been hot and seemingly endless, but finally it was finally coming to a close. I let out a deep sigh as I placed the last of the apple baskets on the wagon.

I looked over to Applejack and smiled faintly. She noticed my stare and tilted her head to one side. “Need something?” She asked and I gave a nod but didn’t answer what I needed. “Well? What is it?” She asked curiously.

“You.” I laughed jokingly and she rolled her eyes.

“Ah don’t think that’s gonna happen. Yah should go talk tah Rarity, she likes more handsome looking stallions… or maybe Rainbow Dash, she’s pretty boastful, so you two would go together pretty well.” She commented and I chuckled.

“Yeah but I only love one mare.” I replied and she rolled her eyes. “Any of which. Let’s get these wagons back to the barn so I can go home.” I told her and she raised her eyebrow.

“Wanting to go home so early? Thought maybe yah’d want tah stay and watch the sunset with me?” She asked in an obviously teasing voice.

“It’s a date then… eyy sexy lady.” I began to do a ridiculous dance which made her snicker. We quickly subdued our laughter and hooked ourselves up to the wagons. I began to pull the hefty wagon along with ease while Applejack followed suit. If there was one thing anypony should know, it’s that earth ponies are generally stronger and more heavily built than any other breed of pony.

“So about this sunset date…” I trailed off teasingly and she gave a small chuckle.

“Ah was just kiddin, ah got too much chores tah do tonight.” She replied. I scrunched my nose and gave an expression of disappointment.

“Fine… I didn’t want to see the stupid sunset with you anyway.” I replied in a serious voice. She laughed. “I was serious.” I lied convincingly.

“Hey! Now that ain’t nice.” Applejack called over to me.

“Well sometimes the truth hurts, doesn’t it?” I told her in a still serious tone. She gave a gasp of shock from my cold tone. I looked to her with a blunt face. Suddenly myself restraint snapped and I burst into laughter.

Her look at first was one of confusion and shock but then she too quickly joined in on the laughter. “Ah thought yah was serious!” She laughed and my laughter quickly faded.

“Oh, I was. The look on yer face just made me laugh is all. You were like…” I trailed off and did a stupidly ridiculous face. She gasped again, once again on the thought that I was serious about the sunset idea being stupid.

“Yah… yah really think that a sunset date with me would be stupid?” She asked worriedly. I couldn’t laugh at that. It seemed to heartbreaking with her tone the way it was. It kind of sounded like she was about to cry if I said yes.

“Pfft, no… I mean well, no as in yes as in… dammit now you have me thinking. Give me a second… The idea of a date with you would be a dream come true, no matter what we do.” I told her and she let out a breath of relief. “You didn’t think I was serious did you?” I asked jokingly and she nodded.

“A little… yeah.” She replied.

“Oh… sorry. I didn’t mean it.” I apologized.

“It’s alright, but yah’ll have tah repay me fer givin me such a fright.” She told me. I scratched my head in thought of how I could possibly repay her.

“Okay… uhm, how can I repay you?” I asked and she thought for a moment.

“Tell yah what. Yah stay fer dinner an help me clean up. Then after that yah can take me on a ‘romantic’ date tah watch the sunset.” She told me. I smiled then brought up my hoof.

“YES!” I whispered to myself in excitement. She rolled her eyes and blushed, with a smile splayed across her face.

We arrived at the barn and unhitched the wagons. I wiped some sweat off my forehead. Today had been about +30 degrees and the heat waves could literally be seen in the orchard.

Applejack trotted over to the freezer and pulled out two fresh drumstick ice-cream cones. During lunch break, she had gone down to the local grocery mart and bought some goodies. Although she had to get Rainbow Dash to fly the ice-cream back. If she hadn’t, then the ice-cream would’ve melted before it got to the freezer.

“Here!” Applejack called out and tossed me a drumstick. As I unraveled the wrapper, we both heard the all too familiar bark of Winona. Jeeze, her bark was like ‘Jaws’ theme music. Whenever you hear it, you know something bad is going to happen.

We both hopped up on the wagon side and began licking the ice-cream. Winona quickly sat in front of us and began to beg and whimper. “No Winona, no more beggin. Now get.” Applejack ordered the spoiled mutt, but it was no use. Winona just kept begging.

After I had finished most of the ice-cream atop the cone, I felt a little sad for the dog. She had a thick fur coat that probably insulated the unforgiving heat wave which was still partly going on.

I looked to my ice-cream. Maybe if I held her neck in a headlock then brought the ice-cream so it was just within her reach then… I nodded to myself then hopped off the side of the wagon.

“What the hay are yah doin?” Applejack asked in a semi confused voice.

I looked back to her and smirked. “Trust me. I have an idea.” I told her. She just rolled her eyes as she watched me put Winona in a headlock. She didn’t mind because her mind was set on getting some ice-cream.

I wouldn’t really mind if she took a bite out of the cone because there wasn’t much ice-cream left. And besides, she wouldn’t be able to fit the entire cone in her mouth anyway.

I slowly brought the ice-cream towards her face. She leaned her face back a bit and slowly opened her mouth as if to lick the cone. “That a girl Winona. See yer gettin the hang of…” I was cut off as she suddenly lashed her face forwards and snatched the entire cone by the top.

She didn’t crunch the cone and instead held it firmly in her jaws before pulling her head back and out of my headlock. She quickly scampered off with my entire cone in her mouth.

“BUCK! WINONAAAAAA!” I roared and Applejack tried painfully to stifle a laugh but soon burst into laughter. “Buck!” I hissed to myself.

She subdued her laughter for a brief second then wiped a tear from her eye. “Great plan Marestein.”

Author's Note:

Great plan Einstein... exactly what I was telling myself at work. I mean, it seemed logical at the time. 'Hold dog in headlock, bring ice-cream just within reach, then let dog take a bit but he'd only be able to get a little because I had him in a headlock.' Not the case however because he had his head a little further back so when I brought it up to him he was able to snap his head forwards and snag my ice-cream cone, the entire thing... bastard. Those drumsticks are like 3.50$ I might as well just buy the dog a Wendy's hamburger for Christ's sake.
So that's it for now, if I have anything else happen, I'll make another sequel. Should call it 'The Winona eats' series. Will post link to the sequel if I do it.