• Published 4th May 2013
  • 2,077 Views, 84 Comments

Sirraf, Redmage of Equestria - sirraf



Redmage in equestria story... also human in equestria lol. Proofreading by JBL (latest chapters may not be proofread yet)

  • ...
2
 84
 2,077

I'm alive?!

Blackness. Blackness, pain, and cold surrounded Sirraf as he began to awaken from his slumber. Every joint and muscle in his body ached and he was bleeding from several spots across his body.

"Ouch... what happened?" he spoke aloud. Suddenly it all started to rush back to him, the experiment, the test, the warp, and then nothing...

"Wait... the warp spell I cast was suppose to drop an enemy into a random point in the universe... with so much dead space that thing should have killed me. So... why am I not dead?"

Painfully he placed his hands on the wet cold surface he was face down on. After pushing himself high enough to see clearly he began to open his eyes only to be greeted by what looked like about four inches of snow. "Huh... guess that explains the cold wetness around me... and is that?... yep that's my blood," he sighed as he realized he would already be working to deplete his mana reserves.

"Well no point waiting around for this kind of thing I guess. Lets see what the damage is," he slowly pushed himself into a sitting position and removed the outer layers of his clothes and his trademark red mage hat. "Hmm... would probably be easier with a mirror or reflective surface of some kind..."

He looked around him to see that the landscape was pretty clear with obvious signs of civilization, but no houses close enough to risk hurting himself further just to get a mirror. " I guess I'll just have to improvise. Heh wait a minute. I'm not at the school anymore. I don't have to follow their stupid rules for spell casting," A small smirk pulling on the sides of his lips as he decides to do one of his favorite activities that was frowned upon in the academy.

While he was a talented mage, Sirraf loved using incantations for his spells. This was frowned upon however because mages don't really need them to use their magic and as his instructors told him, all an incantation does in battle is let your opponent know just what you intend to do.

"Let's see now... if i cast an ice spell I can probably make a decent mirror, though I'll need something to form a basic shape from... ahh I know! I'll just use the snow from my face plant as a mold for the spell!" he chuckled to himself at the thought of such a thing.

Raising his hands he began to draw upon his magic reserves to weave his will upon the world around him. "Scatter your chilly sharp blades...Blizzard!" Cold energy started to form inside the indentation within the snowbank, forming into a reflective almost polished looking frozen surface.

"Ah there we go, this should make things much easier for me," looking down at his reflection he saw that he had several lacerations across his chest, arms, and face. There was obvious bruising to his torso and his nose was twisted off to the side indicating that it was broken.

"You know... considering what I just went through, this isn't all that bad!... hmm that bruising on my ribs may be trouble," he reached up to his chest and applied some pressure."hssss... ok that was kinda painful, but I don't think I broke any of my ribs...that nose is gonna need to be put back in place though,"

He pulled off his brown leather glove and placed it between his teeth as he prepared for even more pain. Gripping the sides of his nose he pulled it from left to right in an effort to realign the damaged cartilage. With a loud crack, several tears, and a sharp muffled cry of pain it was more or less back in place.

"There that should be close enough for my white magic to mend it without any kind of unexpected messed up complications," He cracked his knuckles and prepared for a completely different kind of magic this time. Calling upon the holy energies within all that was good he poured that power into his hands and began to seal and repair each damaged area. "OK these injuries are a bit above average so this should do it. Life's refreshing breeze, heal from the sky... CURA!" a burst of light flowed through the dark cold night and bathed his body in its healing glow. Slowly it faded and he was able to clearly see himself in the surface of the ice again.

"Ah much better. Now all I need to do is get out of the cold dark night. With all this snow around it probably wouldn't be wise to stay out here..."

He looked around himself to properly view the landscape. It was clear for the most part. peaceful, colorful, and void of any obvious dangers. In the distance he saw there was a small village of some kind with colorful buildings. Some ways beyond that he saw what might have been a farm near a forest or wooded area and the small shape near the trees gave him the impression that there might be someone living just outside of the forest.

Standing up he started placing his gear back onto his body. He had finally placed his mouth mask and hat back onto his face and head when he noticed some things missing. "Hmm the rune stone isn't with me. I could have sworn I grabbed it before being pulled through...Hey! My sword is missing too!" his sword, the blade his father crafted for him and gave to him after being accepted into the academy, was vacant from his belt. The strap of leather that helped hold the scabbard in placed had been violently torn apart from the apparent impact he made during his arrival into this land.

"Crap!... as much as I would like to find them, I don't have time to go trudging through this freezing snow looking for them. The sword was nice but shouldn't cause to much trouble. It's not even magic so most people would leave it alone. I can come back for it later, and the rune stone should be unusable to anyone but me since I attuned it to myself when I crafted it. Not to mention that little event should have drained it of all its magic after I passed through."

Turning back towards the town he decided that he could come back here later when time permitted. "Hmm that town is a little ways off... I don't want to keep casting spells in case I need the magic but if I freeze out here it kinda defeats the purpose... oh well I guess there's no choice," pulling upon his energies once more he began to change the flow of time around his own body. "This should get me there faster... Layer upon layer make your mark now... Haste!" After the green glow receded he began to run much faster than any human should be able to, leaving an afterimage and streak behind him as he rushed towards the little town.

Author's Note:

i plan on making incantations for spells as i go along. i will use some from different source materials and as well as my own ideas and perhaps a few old sayings. in this chapter most of my spells are more or less from final fantasy tactics.