• Published 25th Apr 2013
  • 1,260 Views, 13 Comments

The chance of a lifetime - Rarity Belle



After an incident in Canterlot, Fluttershy finds a baby Draconequus who has more to him then he gives away.

  • ...
3
 13
 1,260

Chapter 1

Unexpected events do their turn all the time...

Placing a pony on a crossway that will make them decisions they rather don’t want to...

It is up to them, which way to go...

Right, left, straight ahead...

Or back...

The afternoon sun was standing high on the skies above Canterlot, the upclass ponies where al minding their own business as the streets were always crowded, but further up the road, stood the magnificent castle of the royalties of the land, the home of the Princess of the Sun and the Moon. Not a single cloud could be seen in the skies, but in the statue garden of the Castle, one mulberry coated mare, living under the name of Twilight Sparkle, was meditating there for she was following a very heavy lesson in magic.

An elderly, grayish blue coated stallion risen on his hindlegs while supporting himself on a cane was watching the little Unicorn with great interest. His old voice spoke loud enough to dig itself through the concentration of the mare. “Very good, very good miss Sparkle, allow the flow of magic to not only come from your reservoirs, but from your whole body. Take deep breaths and keep thinking of the place I told you about.”

Twilight kept taking deep inhales through her nose as she exhaled through her mouth while her eyes were closed in a gentle manner. Her mind was wandering off to misty mountains and caverns old before she found that one spot in her mind, her center. A wonderful pond hidden deeply in a friendly looking forest. But as she did this journey through her mind, she began to speak gently. “Yes mister Latsyrch.”

He gave her a simple nod in return before returning to his speaking. “In order for you to perform a blast of harmony, you need to be in your center, go to the very middle of the place before you and stay there, whatever may happen, do not get scared. I shall guide you through it.”

Twilight was standing before a small, shallow pond in her mind. But after hearing the words of Latsyrch, she took a gently step forward, towards the water. She expected her to hoof to sink straight to the bottom of it, but oddly enough, her hoof stayed on the surface of the water.

Surprised by this turn of events, she carefully placed all of her legs on the surface before venturing further to the center of the small, motionless pond. As she stood in the middle, her eyes closed themselves as well as deep in- and exhales left her nose. “I am there, the middle of the middle.”

“Good, very good. Now, soon enough you will feel that you sink into the ground, being pulled gently down as you face countless events of your life that either make you happy, or depress you. Do not, I repeat, do not, gaze upon them for too much, as these memories are the mind natural defense against intruders for the center. Do you understand?”

The mare gave another nod of understanding as his old eyes gazed upon the many statues in the garden. Many of them were unknown of just how they got there, but one stood out of every single one. The statue behind Twilight, the statue of the last of his kind, the statue of a spirit the complete opposite of where Ponies stand for, the statue of the spirit of Chaos, the stone imprisonment of Discord himself.

Back on the pond, Twilight did indeed feel the gently tucking downwards and soon enough, she plummet down again in her mind, the water began to rage in a whirlpool below her, but she kept standing while her soul fell out of her body and into the created abyss.

As her soul opened itself eyes, it was falling gently into the darkness, it gently looked up to her mindly image of herself, letting to a small smile upon the sight, before turning herself back into the darkness, hoping he was right about guiding her through.

Latsyrch allowed his eyes to fall back upon the mare and he could see she was traveling to her very center while a small smile appeared on his face, “Maybe she doesn't need my help.”, he spoke gently while using the cane to leave on a bit more.

Twilight’s soul past countless memories, reformed into horrible ones making any sane pony just willing to crawl back up again, but she was determined, she would succeed, one way or the other, she will push herself through this matter. Her soul closed its eyes again in order to escape the sight of the memories before she landed on her hooves on a solid floor.

He saw she had reached her very center as a very distinct shiver took place in her body, making the smile even brighter, “Twilight, if you can hear me. This is what you have to do, raise on your hindlegs and spread your forelegs out to the side, point your horn up towards the gate you just came through. Charge up your horn and fire the harmony tome that was given to you by the Princess, shoot that spell up to your mindly image who will send it through its horn over to the horn your body has.”

The ears of the soul caught up the spoken words and she did was was asked from her, indeed raising on her hindlegs and spreading her forelegs out to either side. A couple deep breaths took place as her eyes opened themselves to see the white room she was in now, the center of a pony, the center of its very existence. Her eyes gently gazed up to the small whirlpool of water above her and saw her mind image, this created a small smile upon her face before the eyes closed themselves again and she began to collect her magic, allowing her horn to be coated in the raspberry coloring as she began to remember the given tome by the Princess.

Soon enough, her entire body began to cast itself in the raspberry coloring as the beam of harmony shot up from the horn of the soul, straight to the body of the mindly image, whose horn also began to shine before acting like a middle stop for power, guiding it to the Unicorn herself. The horn of the living Twilight started to shine in the same coloring while she tried to hold it back, the aura was flowing vibrantly before sparks of magic left her horn. But something went terribly wrong during the cast, the power given had become too great and the stallion took a deep note of it, he threw his cane off of the side while walking over to Twilight on all four of his hooves. He knew there was not that much time left, but letting this beam being shot into the skies, would have unseen consequences. He did the only thing that was right in his own mind.

With a lot of force, he managed to turn the body of the Unicorn as she tried to keep her horn into the air. But after some struggling, the inevitable happened. The beam of magic, the harmony spell she tried to cast, got shot out of her horn at full force towards a statue. Latsyrch didn't even dare to watch and closed his eyes, for all he could hear was the shattering of something.

The soul of Twilight eventually discharged herself before being sucked back into her mindly image which on her turn knocked the living mare back to reality as she opened her eyes, only to see the dust coming from a broken statue. “W-What happened?”

Upon hearing her voice, the elderly stallion opened his eyes as well before he opened his mouth. “A powerful beam of Harmony, f-far stronger than I ever expected it to be... You, accidently, s-shattered a statue with it...” He didn't even care just which statue has been broken, for all he cared for was the mare he had been teaching, making sure she was alright.

But some of the guards, accompanied by the Princess herself, walked into the statue garden after hearing the deafening release of energy. Celestia walked up calmly towards the hugging ponies before her eyes eyes fell upon the rubble from the statue, pondering her own mind of which statue would have been standing there. She then turned her attention back to the teacher and student while she spoke softly. “Are you two alright?”

“W-We are your Highness, just, just a little shocked of w-what happened.” answered the elderly stallion as Twilight was only blinking.

“Your Majesty, the statue that has been shattered was the statue of the spirit of chaos.” one of the guards spoke as he galloped up to her.

“Discord?” the white Alicorn questioned. “Double the patrols and keep a watchful eye out for chaotic magic. We can’t have that event happening all over again. As for Twilight here, you have been doing more than enough, go home and take a long rest my faithful student.”

Twilight gave a small nod as the hold between the mare and stallion got separated and she began to make her way home, still questioning herself just what might have happened, Latsyrch managed to pick up his cane again before he said, “Do you truly think he was able to survive such a powerful beam, Princess?”

A small sigh left the nose of the Alicorn as she spoke again. “Discord is an unstoppable force, only willing to topple the world into chaos, now with his disappearance, I do not take any chances old master.”

While a small but thoughtful moan left the mouth of the stallion he eventually made his reply. “But what if, he is truly gone... What can we do then your highness?”

“With Discord truly gone? We could only dream of those times, but this tale is not mine to tell, neither is it his. Time has to tell this tale...”

If they only know what truly happened in that stone imprisonment as the harmony beam made its way through it...