• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 1,858 Views, 19 Comments

Serving Purposes - Resurgent Wanderer



A changeling lies dying at the hooves of Princess Twilight Sparkle. But before he passes, he decides to think over his final decision of his life.

  • ...
2
 19
 1,858

Serve

Twilight walked slowly through the halls of the 'Trophy Room'. It was the room where all the stained glass memories of the past twenty thousand years would always come rushing back to her, but there was one in particular that the aged Alicorn Princess would come back to none the less.

As she stared up at the crude representation of Seven, her first, and only, romantic interest, Twilight found herself flanked by two somewhat shorter Alicorns. These were siblings Prince Radiant of the Sun and Princess Ambiance of the Moon. They had taken over Luna and Celestia's roles just over twelve thousand years ago when the pair deemed themselves ready to move on. Next after them was an Alicorn that was her size all those years ago when Twilight herself had first become a Princess.

"I see you have all recieved my correspondence. As you know, roughly twenty thousand years ago I lost my first five friends and fellow Elements. Before them I also lost my elder brother and my parents, and before them, as everypony knows, Seven. Over the many years I have acted as guide for this wonderful country, I have made many friends, and have watched many more pass on to the Summerlands. And now? Now I see three amazing ponies before me who are ready to take up my mantle."

The youngest Alicorn darted forward and wrapped her hooves around Twilight's waist.
"No, please, I need you here still, you can't go!"

Smiling fondly at her pupil-cum-adopted daughter Twilight felt tears well up in her eyes. Not tears for herself mind you, but for her loved ones.
"Come now Heartsworn, you knew this day would come eventually. After all, I am an old and tired Alicorn. But no, I have old friends to go see and new adventures awaiting me. Do not think of this as a good bye dear one, but as a merry part, and merry meet upon our meeting again. I love all three of you and wish you the best, and when the day comes that I see you again, it will be a glorious day indeed."

With those words Twilight stood up from her spot and walked out of the room.

Princess Twilight Sparkle's royal regalia was found later, along with a red rose, at the base of one of the nation's most lauded champion. After all, if it had not been for the Changeling Seven, Princess Twilight could have never united all of the known world in the peace that had reigned for the past ten thousand years.

Ten thousand years of love, friendship, prosperity, and kindness. Ten thousand years of perfect balance. Ten thousand years of twilight.

~~~One Year Later~~~

Heartsworn stood proudly over the placard that sat at the base of the newest statue in the gardens. As her mind went over each and every memory of her adopted mother a song slowly escaped her lips, holding every unce of love Twilight had ever had for both her and the country in its words.

After all, it was Twilight who had taught it to her.

Author's Note:

Just a second feelsy bit I tossed back in her. I figured could do a bit more, nothing major, just a little bit more.