• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 2,176 Views, 36 Comments

My little Revolution: Britain and Her Colonies - batran



Thirteen American Patriots and A British soldier got transported to equestria during the battle of Brandywine.

  • ...
11
 36
 2,176

Hospital Dreams (before the Reveal)

"We must get them to the hospital." Said Twilight, She been called over to examine the bodies to see if they are alive or not, she was then introduced the situation. She was astounded when she still heard breathing from both of the stallions on the ground. She looked at the dead timberwolves and looked back. Her eyes wandered curiously to the certain item on the ground. She was also curious of this technology they held. If Trottingham have this kind of technology and doesn't share it with Equestria, then there must be something going up over there. Most likely a rebellion. They have been rowdy over harsh taxes passed down by their mayor. Celestia would step in but they needed the money to raise towns, armies, and other stuff. She went to the weapon looked down at the musket, Equestria could benefit from this kind of technology to stop any who try to disrupt harmony and peace throughout the land. She lifted the gun up with her magical orb and examine it closely. It had a long metal tube on one and with a curved wooden piece on the other.

She decided to save this for later for further examination. Then she heard a cry behind her. She turned around to see

"What in tarnation ahre yah doin'!?" shouted Applejack, pulling on the head of the axe

"I have to cut his leg off just incase if he was infected!" said New Jersey, while pulling on the handle.

"Wait until we get to the hospital!" argued Applejack.

"No Time! The exposure would pour in!" yelled New Jersey and yanked the axe out of AJ's hooves.

"STOP!", Both sides looked at the purple unicorn, "We cannot cut New Hampshire's leg! It's unorthodox, we can teleport him to the hospital."

"Teleport?"

"Yes, teleport."

"I wish we can teleport." said New Jersey looking down. Twilight suddenly felt a little bad.

"Well your unicorn friends could help you."

"Wait, unicorns?"

"yeah, you know, the ponies with horns on their heads?"

"I know what a unicorn is, but who is the unicorns in our group?"

"Well as far as I can see, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Connecticut, and Britain."

"What!?" gasped New Jersey, "Why haven't we noticed before!?", Suddenly wings sprouted from New Jersey's back. Which automatically made him blush (In terms, we call it a wingboner). New Jersey looked behind him and revealed 2 large wings on his back. The others seemed to take note of their features (besides the Southern States because they are all Earth ponies due to their area is mostly farmers). The Middle states are the Pegasi, The New England States (and Britain) are the Unicorns, and Southern States are mainly Earth ponies.

Twilight just stood there dumbfounded, how on Equestria didn't anyone of them know about their race? The Colonists and Britain is in hot water now!

"How can you not know about your race?" Twilight asked, it is a very complicated question that made the colonists feel uneasy. But New York came along just in time to save the day!

"I think that we should actually help our mates into the hospital?", Twilight completely forgot about that. Asking questions is less important than a pony's life.

"Fine..."

--------------Adam Philips/ New Hampshire-----------------

Human bodies explode left and right as Adam Philips got behind a rock. The grass was slightly yellow as the battlefield was filled with blood. At the lake near him, a couple ships were on fire as people jumped overboard trying to get away from the flames. Suddenly a General who led the regiment named Benedict Arnold reminded them of their objectives.

"Remember men, We must stall the enemy as long as possible!" He raised a sword while saying this to get the attention of his men.

Adam then ran up to a burning British ship nearby and grabbed out his torch. He held to torch next to the flames. The flames sizzled as it spread onto the torch. New Hampshire then ran to the sawmill and threw his torch onto nearby wood. The sawmill was almost immediately set ablaze, New Hampshire coughed when the wind blow the smell of smoke to him. The Fire covered almost half the building when New Hampshire fled to regroup with his comrades.

Suddenly he heard voices in his head.

'Doctor, this patients is slowly bleeding out with some bone exposure in the leg and the spine!' said the voice of a young women, no later than her 20s

'Get the procedure ready! we cannot let him die after he saved lives' replied an older male voice

New Hampshire was confused, he stood there. Wondering as his comrades slowly, one by one, starts to flee from battle. His thoughts were interrupted when a loud boom erupted behind him. All the eagerness New Hampshire felt whisked away as he starts to tremble. He had forgotten that war is such a horrible thing. He was just about to flee with his comrades until a hand reached to his shoulders. He turned around and revealed a blond continental soldier, slightly taller than him with long untied blonde hair reaching his shoulders.

"Alexander?" Adam Philips/New Hampshire said, almost lost for words.

"Adam, stay here! We must fight to the death!" shouted Alexander, showing his determination for blood. Suddenly, Benedict Arnold called for a retreat. Showing a disappointed face, Alexander ushered New Hampshire to come along as they ran out of the main battle with their comrades.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

"This seems weird." Said the doctor, checking over notes, "It seems that their wounds had healed, but the side effects are deadly... This is not normal. It's like their bodies is reacting negatively to magic!"

"Magic?" said Connecticut, "I thought magic doesn't exist..."

"Of course it does! Are you feeling fine?" said the doctor, not sure what to make when a pony doesn't know about magic. He then stopped and looked to Pennsylvania. He was in the worst condition in the whole floor. Also by the fact that those ponies doesn't know what an actual hospital look like, they are simply a mystery.

--------------------Brandon Harkness/ Pennsylvania------------

Brandon was strolling down the street, in a good mood for today. He found the destination he had been looking for. The Statehouse/Congress' house. He walked in and sat down on the chair waiting for him.

"Okay, as Brandon Harkness of Pennsylvania has finally arrived." Said the head of Congress, "Now we must begin solving issues. As we had won the war against Great Britain. Let's start off with the frontier, North and South Carolina, Georgia, Virginia, etc. said that they will claim the region. Any questions?"

Augustus De Keizer of New York's hand shot up.

"*sigh* What is it now New York?"

"I think that I should have all of it! and the region between me and New Hampshire." said Augustus. He received a few gasps.

"You, New York, are twisted! Everything is not about size! I need the land so it would even it out! plus, it looks good on the map..." said Adam Philips, shaking his fist in the air.

Brandon, however, was not thinking of territorial claims. He stepped in the air and shouted out.

"Speaking of size, I agree with New Hampshire, For Virginia, I think the Catawba region should be a separate state."

"Stay on topic Pennsylvania," said the head of congress, "but you do have a point, lets move on to this topic."

"One of the counties on the region should take on the name for the state."

"Very well, Pennsylvania, we agree with your idea. Any oppose?" Virginia's hand shot up.

"Then it's settled," said the head of congress, "I hereby declare Virginia is to be spli-"

Then a voice interrupted Pennsylvania's thoughts.

'I'm afraid that this one would stay in the hospital a little while longer' said a male voice in a disappointed tone.

-------------------------------------------

"Man, I hate waiting." Complained Maryland.

"Don't worry, just look around this peculiar hospital." replied Delaware, "The only hospitals I've seen are only large tents during the battlefield and stuff...", With that Twilight just had enough with this strange things the "Trottinghamers" have talked about. Some of them are not normal to Equestrian society.

"What are you hiding!?" snapped Twilight. Shouting at the Colonists, they are hiding something. And she want to get to the bottom of it. Her anger went away when she heard silent sniffles. She turned and her expression softened and saw Fluttershy silently crying while she was sitting next to the side of the bed where New Hampshire lay.

"I'm sorry New Hampshire... Pennsyvlania... Im sorry.."

Author's Note:

This is just a slow chapter, It is to support the plot and prepare for the reveal. Coming up next chapter would be the reveal.

I also wrote this during 11 PM... just to let you know what condition i'm in when I wrote this chapter.

Human name= when they are human, State name= When they are ponies

(not really)Fun fact (IRL): During the American Revolution, Americans have to cut off limbs of their fellow soldiers when their limbs showed signs of infection due to wounds and use a hot metal rod to melt the skin to get rid of the blood and seal the wound before it gets a chance to bleed out. It it is a painful process, even the victims have to stay awake during the process. Sometimes the patients would survive the treatment.... So if you don't like American Revolutionaries, then you better read how life of the American soldiers really are during the American Revolution, their lives are more rough than the British.
For Example, Sometimes the (rich) British tend to dine in their homes while poor hungry Americans stay outside looking through the window, hungering for the delicious juicy meat inside.

Funfact in this story (and somewhat in IRL): Delaware had Swedish heritage in his blood, due to Sweden tried to establish a colony in Delaware called New Sweden the colony. After Great Britain stole Sweden's hard work, New Sweden re-established by Great Britain under the name of Delaware . But being mixed with English blood so much that his Swedish Heritage had almost completely wiped out. that's why I didn't really list him as Swedish-American... and also I didn't know in the beginning...