• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 1,869 Views, 60 Comments

MLP VS... Pokemon - FrostyDawn



Discord plans a special 'challenge' for the Mane Six

  • ...
9
 60
 1,869

Applejack vs. Zangoose

Ever since she began her long trek in the desert, the most relief Applejack got was the clouds rolling in, and cooling the desert. After all, she needed a cool-down after she fought a ferocious fire-tiger-wolf. She settled into less sand, and kept moving into rockier terrain. AJ's hooves were still scuffed up from the blistering sands. She soon sat herself down, tired and aching.

"Land sakes! Ah haven't felt this sore since that applebucking spree." Applejack grumbled. She was a resilient mare, but even she had her limits. She slumped to the ground, and her hat tumbled off. The length of rope she used against the Arcanine was stored inside, in case she needed to use it again.

"Aww... is the wittle pony tired?" Discord said condescendingly.

"Shut it, ya two-timing snake!" Applejack grumbled. "Ah'm gettin' real tired of your tricks!" The earth pony said with spite. She tried her best to not let Discord's words poison her.

"Somepony's a little grumpy. What would your friend Pinkie Pie do in this situation?"

Applejack wheeled her head around to the invisible voice. "Don't say one damn word about mah friends!" She shouted.

"Temper, temper. If you keep that attitude up, who just might meet your match here." Discord said.

Applejack sighed, exasperated. "Ah'm gonna be fighting again, aren't ah?"

"Yup."

"Figures." Applejack said, and stood back up. "Alright, where is this varmint?"

Applejack's question was answered as a white and red blur charged at her from the rocky cover, letting out feral screeches. AJ heard the creature approach her, and quickly sidestepped the pouncing creature. It was a cat-fox-ferret sort of beast, with giant claws on its hands and a stripe of red fur over its white coat. The red pattern continued across its eye, like a scar. The creature bared its sharp teeth as it growled. It skidded across the stony ground, using its claws to scrape the rock and slow down.

"Applejack, meet Zangoose. I'm sure you're I don't need to explain the rest." Discord chided. Applejack hardly had time to blink before the Zangoose pounced at her again, claws drawn. The earth pony met the creature head-on, and thrashed about as she was knocked to the ground.

The Zangoose's sharp claws raked across her sides, and Applejack screamed out in pain. It was too soon for her to be wounded already, especially since it was too similar to the Arcanine attack. Applejack quickly bucked the Zangoose off of her before the Zangoose swiped at her face.

Applejack had a pair of bright red lacerations across her face, and another set of scars down her ribs. Applejack was breathing heavily, and saw her hat with the rope. She knew she had to get there. The only problem being the Zangoose was between the two.

Applejack charged for the Zangoose, only to have the beast disappear in a quick flurry of dust. Not wasting any time, Applejack focused her attention on the rope in her hat. She quickly snatched the end between her teeth, and whirled around for her target. She was met with another hard slash at her face, and reared up on her hind hooves to avoid the furious swiping. She whipped the rope to lasso the Zangoose, only to have the rope shredded by the Zangoose's claws, becoming short, frayed segments.

"Feisty little critter, ain'tcha?" Applejack grumbled. She let go of the rest of the rope, and locked eyes with the Zangoose. The clawed creature glared back, with primal, pink eyes. To Applejack, it's leer was quite unnerving. The Zangoose lunged forward in a rapid blur, but Applejack could hardly react. She was tackled by the beast, and its claws scraped at her sides once more.

Applejack gritted her teeth and slammed her own hooves into the Zangoose, and it let out a pained snarl that told Applejack it was working. With the stubborn Zangoose refusing to let go, Applejack kept ramming her hooves repeatedly into the Zangoose as the claws kept tearing at her torso. Blood was starting to leak out at a disturbing rate. Applejack felt the energy fade out of her at the same pace, but noticed something else.

The Zangoose's scratching became weaker and slower. As Applejack's bucking slowed down, so did the Zangoose. She took this opportunity to thrust her hooves forward, and the creature flopped to the ground in an exhausted heap, with bruises and splatters of blood of its own. It took breathes of labored breathing between its vain attempts to keep swiping at Applejack. The earth pony stood over the Zangoose, her own breath heavy and sore. Her on skin stung from the clawing, but was the only one still able to stand, let alone breathe properly at this point.

She looked over the Zangoose, and felt her heart sink. The creature was on the brink of death, and it was still writhing, still itching to fight. Its stubbornness- no, its willpower surpassed far more than Applejack suspected.

But the cowpony reminded herself of her purpose here. She rolled the Zangoose off its side, and onto its stomach. She placed on hoof on its back, and raised her other. She slammed her raised hoof down on the Zangoose's back. Hard. It let out a agonized pain, and Applejack did so once more. This time on the Zangoose's neck. Another snarl of pain. Applejack shut her eyes and gritted her teeth, before she slammed down one last time.

Silence. No more movement. No more fighting.

"Wonderful. Simply wonderful." Discord said. "Ooh, I wish I had my camera!" He cackled.

"Shut it." AJ grumbled, her voice shaking.

"I just might put the picture in a frame, and hang it on my wall to show it to all your friends!"

"Ah said shut it!" Applejack cried.

"What? I'm just so happy to see you mares in distress. After all, I'm here to make you regret your goody-two-horseshoes ways."

Applejack shook her head. She hated the idea of killing for someone else's amusement. She just wanted to go home, back to Ponyville. But the only thing stronger than her regret was her anger. Her spite for Discord.

"NO! I ain't gonna fall for you, Discord! Ah'll hunt you down, and knock out yer teeth. One at a time. And make you eat 'em!" Applejack shouted, grabbing her hat and setting it atop her golden mane.

"Big words for such a little pony. But no matter. I've already made Rarity submit. The rest of you will too, eventually. I'll make this drag on for days. Weeks. Maybe even forever." Discord chuckled.

Applejack's eyes widened. "Wait, what about Rarity?! What are you doing!?" She cried out. But no response.

"Dagnabit...." she grumbled, limping over the rocky slope.