• Published 19th Apr 2013
  • 1,865 Views, 60 Comments

MLP VS... Pokemon - FrostyDawn



Discord plans a special 'challenge' for the Mane Six

  • ...
9
 60
 1,865

Fluttershy vs. Vaporeon

The smell of the salty air and the sound of waves crashing against the shore gently lulled Fluttershy out of a gentle sleep. The pegasus gently flicker her eyes opened, and looked around. It was the break of dawn, as shown by the sun gently creeping over the horizon. Fluttershy sat on a beach, where the water pushed forth and receded on the sparkling sands.

"Oh dear... where am I?" Fluttershy whimpered. "What happened to the others?" She asked looking for any sort of answer. There was a wall of unclimbable rocks to her right, and to her left, a vast, endless ocean. A stripe of sand bordered the two, and stretched on as far as the eye could see.

"Ah, it's finally good to see you, Fluttershy. I hope you're ready."

"D-D-Discord?" Fluttershy whimpered, cowering in fear on the sand. "What are you doing? Why am I here?"

"I've told the same thing to your friends so many times. It's starting to get boring. But here's the gist. Fight for your life, kill or be killed." Discord said, rambling on like he was reading a pre-written script.

"What?! Kill?! I couldn't kill anything!" Fluttershy cried.

"And that's why I'm looking forward to this fight! You're undoubtedly the most passive and cowardly out of you and all your friends. Even Rarity has done better than you ever could." Discord taunted. "You'll be torn to shreds."

Fluttershy shuddered at the thought, but she tried her best to look the least bit brave. "A-Am I really a coward?" She asked.

"Tsk. Tsk. Fluttershy, you're one of the only mares I know who could possibly be afraid of her own shadow." Discord answered. Fluttershy looked down, seeing a dark shape of herself mirror her movements. She flinched at the sight, and tried to back away.

"You see? That's what I'm talking about. You're as spineless as... as..." Discord paused, looking for a comparison. "Oh, who am I kidding? There's nothing as cowardly as you are! Bahahahaha!"

Fluttershy felt a small ping of sadness inside her, and a small need to prove herself. "I-I'm not that bad..." She muttered.

Discord finally stopped laughing "Oh well. Let's just get on with it." He said.

A small four-legged creature crawled out from the ocean. It looked like a mammal, but had a light blue coat and several frills around its neck. The creature's tail was split at the end, and shaped like a fin.

"Alright, Fluttershy. This is a Vaporeon." Discord said. "It can turn itself into pure water by altering it's own molecules."

"How do you know so much about it?" Fluttershy asked. She just couldn't turn away from the Vaporeon. Its small shape was very similar to the little animals she cared for back in Ponyville. Fluttershy dropped her guard for a moment, not fully believing she would have to fight such a small creature.

"You see, in this world, the dominant species are not ponies. Nor are they griffons nor dragons. Instead, they're humans." Discord replied. "And they have counted every single creature there is in this world and recorded them. I just happened to get my hands on their little archives."

"Humans?" Fluttershy asked.

"Yes, humans. Now, enough with the stalling." Discord replied.

"Wait! Do I really hav-" was all Fluttershy could say as a jet of freezing water rushed over her. Fluttershy coughed, and pulled the wet mane out of her face, to see the Vaporeon growling at her.

"Okay... take it easy... I'm a friend." Fluttershy said, backing away.

The Vaporeon kept advancing. With a flick of its tail and a short bark, the Vaporeon signaled for something. The ocean began to recede further, and a large bulge of water rushed toward them. The Vaporeon sprinted into the water, instantly vanishing in the wave. Fluttershy could only watch as a miniature tsunami crashed onto her, and slammed her against the rock wall.

The sudden impact made Fluttershy scream out in pain, albeit underwater. She quickly put her hooves to her mouth and tried to swim up for the surface, but the water sunk back down as quickly as it came. Fluttershy coughed up more water, wheezing for breath. How could one little animal have this much power.

"Wait... where did it go?! Did it drown?" Fluttershy asked. Her protective nature made her rush into the shallow water, looking for the Vaporeon. She was met with a sharp pain in her foreleg, and quickly pulled it away as she cried out. There were a few bleeding holes in Fluttershy's front leg, clearly bite marks.

"Did I do something wrong? I'm sorry." Fluttershy apologized inadvertently. Another bite appeared on her hind leg. "Sorry!" Fluttershy whimpered once more. When more bites and scratches appeared, Fluttershy finally had the nerve to step out of the water.

"What did I do to make you angry?" She asked. The water shot up in a small mammalian shape, and reformed the Vaporeon. Its jaws opened, and a small bluish white beam shot straight forward. Fluttershy easily dodged it by flying up into the air. Down where the beam hit, the rocks were covered in frost and ice crystals.

"Oh my... that's not good." Fluttershy said. She quickly landed on the top of the stone wall, shielding herelf from the icy blasts and torrents of water with the rocks above. She could hear the stones shaking as the ice and water eroded the wall.

Fluttershy faltered. These stones were providing excellent cover, and the Vaporeon wasn't able to climb up the steep stone. But she could just as easily push them down, and at least try to fight back. Perhaps she could prove she wasn't a coward. Fluttershy pressed her hooves against the largest loose stone, and began to push. Despite her best efforts, the pegasus wasn't able to push the whole rock down herself.

But with one more burst of water, the rock gave way. It tumbled down the cliffside, and hit the ground in a dull CRUNCH.

Fluttershy paused. Her heart was beating heavily in her chest, and her hooves were shaking. Fluttershy slowly leaned over the edge of the wall, and gasped.

The Vaporeon lay still on the sands below. No bursts of water, no beams of ice. It sat there, nearly flattened as the stone Fluttershy pushed sat in the ocean.

Fluttershy landed on the ground next to it, tears streaming from her eyes. "Omigosh! I'm so so sorry! Are you alright?" She cried, picking up the limp body and hugging it tightly.

"Oh, I don't think he's coming back." Discord said. "It seems I've underestimated you. The coward of the group, finishing her fight faster than her friends! How ruthless!"

"I'm not a coward!" Fluttershy shouted to the sky. "And I'm not ruthless!"

"Au contraire. You killed another creature. You're just as ruthless as the rest of the mares."

"He didn't have to die..." Fluttershy whimpered. "I don't know why he was angry with me."

"Well, I suppose that's my doing. I sent you here to fight, and so I'm making them fight you. Who knows? Perhaps on any other day, it might've been a friend." Discord cackled until his voice echoed away.

At that thought, Fluttershy fell apart. Sobbing, she held the Vaporeon close, and didn't let go.