• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 2,764 Views, 49 Comments

Heart's Flame - ChaosSlayer



What happens when a cowardly baby dragon eats a magical bravery gem? Think about it or read it here.

  • ...
2
 49
 2,764

10) The Sacred Archive

It was a rather peaceful day in Canterlot. Oblivious to the events in Ponyville, the inhabitants of this beautiful town led their lives in their usually normal pace. 'Normal' ponies lived theirs simply, working hard and spending time with their families. The 'upper-class' ponies had a bit more sophisticated lifestyle, which made them popular and gave them some more possibilities in life, but it also restrained them from enjoying it like the normal, lower-class ponies.

Then there were the princesses. Being the royal family, they had both the upper class status and the freedom in behaviour of lower classes. This moment pretty much summed it up - Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were playing Twister. It wasn't easy, since they managed to get themselves locked - Princess Luna's back was bent backwards in an arch while Princess Celestia's bent forward to fit under Luna. And now it was Celestia's turn.

The sun goddess reached for the spinner with her magic, but as she levitated it and spun it, one of the windows in the throne room opened, allowing the cold wind to enter the room. Shocked by the sudden cold, Luna lost her balanced and fell, crushing her sister.

"Sorry sister, that cold air startled me." said Luna, jumping off of Celestia, but the sun princess didn't move a muscle. That window opened only her student's letter was reaching Canterlot, but Twilight just sent her a letter a few days ago about Spike's new courage. Celestia asked Twilight to reply if something new popped up, so this letter she awaited with more curiosity than usual.

"Luna, would you like to see Twilight's letter? It's going to arrive any second, and may contain something about Spike's condition. You could surely use some of this information in writing your book about dragons." said Celestia, getting up and rolling up the playing field with her magic.

"I would very much like to take this opportunity Celly." said Luna, just as the glimmering cloud of dust entered through the window, sparkling with the green sparks of Spike's fire. Celestia quickly registered something about the cloud - it was larger than any of Twilight's normal parchments, and although it could've been just an illusion, the sparks seemed to shine brighter then ever.

As per usual, the cloud flew up before Celestia before spinning into itself and popping out the object that was sent. And this package was like no other - it was the sender himself.

"Spike?!" exclaimed both Princesses, shocked by the sudden appearance of the dragon. Disregarding their surprise, Spike quickly registered where he was and ran to the large door of the throne room.

"I need to open the seal and look into The Sacred Archive." he said in his unusually deep voice and swung the door open just as a royal guard pushed them open from his side. Their connected forces caused the doors to nearly smash into pieces, but the guard paid little attention to the dragon, "Princesses, our patrols have reported a large fire ring near Ponyville. We... felt that you may require this information."

Before any of the princesses could speak, Spike cleared his throat, "That was my Sonic Flameboom, if the ring you've seen was emerald green. Now move, I need to go somewhere with the princesses." he said. The guard look down at Spike, then sent a quizzical look at Celestia, who nodded. The guard stepped aside, allowing Spike to leave, then saluted as the princesses passed him.

"Spike, what is going on?" asked princess Celestia, but Spike shook his claw, "Not now. You told me of a Sacred Archive left behind by Dragons many generations ago. I need to open it, and I know only both of you can open the corridor into it. Where is it?" he asked.

Princess Celestia stomped her front hoof down, stopping and causing Luna to bump into her, "Spike, I'm not taking another step forward until you explain to us what in my mother's name is going on!" she shouted. Her shout was even louder than Luna's Royal Canterlot Voice, but Celestia didn't even go that loud. Spike stopped and turned around to look at Celestia.

"Fine, I'll tell you along the way. Now move, quickly. We're wasting time."


Twilight Sparkle's Siege Chronicle

Day 1

After Spike's disappearance, the Shadow is standing still outside of Ponyville. We dare not to disturb it. He didn't do anything, nor does he do anything now. He's just standing there as if waiting for Spike's return. If this is indeed the case, then the research about the Soul Jets may be true - he won't do anything unless ordered by his masters or his original returns to battle with him.


"So you're saying that we were oblivious to earthquakes under Ponyville, some mining dogs attacking Ponyville with robots, you eating Heart's Flame, you fighting the dogs, you being affected by a Soul Jet and finally losing to your own shadow?" asked Princess Celestia as she, her sister and Spike were standing before a large door with two small holes on each side.

"Yeah, pretty much. I know you'll probably want to help them, but it's my Shadow, so I must take care of it. Send your troops there or whatever, but I must destroy my own Shadow. For that, I'll need to learn more about my own power. I know how to open The Sacred Archive. I just wish you'd stay here in case I unleashed something awful." he said.

Celestia looked at Luna, who nodded, "Celly, I think we need to give him that chance. Who knows, maybe he'd learn something which revolutionises our modern lifestyle. But we probably should send some guards there as well."

"Very well." said Celestia. She and Luna moved towards the holes and inserted their horns into them. The horns started glowing and the door opened, allowing old air to escape from behind it. "You have 10 days Spike. After that, we'll return to let you out. I'll keep watch at night, Luna will wait during the day, in case you need to leave earilier."

"Should be enough." said Spike. The princesses moved back while Spike walked up to the magnificent dark door that was behind the white and gold one. In the middle of the door was a large silver plate. Around the door were holed. This was the Entrance to The Sacred Archive of Dragons. A large blood-red painting of the mouth of a dragon decorated the silver plate.

"Stand back." he said as he put his right paw on the plate. The red dragon mouth suddenly popped out of the plate and seemed to 'eat' Spike's arm, but suddenly an emerald flame appeared inside the dragon's mouth. Spike moved his claw back as the dragon bit down on the fire and swallowed it, then retracted back into the plate. For few seconds, nothing happened, but then the holes spat out fire, one by one, until it reached a full circle. Then the door slid apart slightly, making just enough room for Spike to enter, "I'll be back soon." he said, stepping through the door. Then it shut together, the flames went out and everything was silent again.