• Published 22nd Apr 2013
  • 802 Views, 28 Comments

Apples - Ninjab33z



Applejack finds a unique apple in the everfree forest

  • ...
6
 28
 802

Temptation

"The Everfree Forest is a strange and frighting place at night," Twilight mused, "if I hadn't been this way before I would swear that I was lost." She cautiously looked around." Then again, I don't remember a rock that looks like Pinkie Pie the last time I went this way here," she swore under her breath and slowed her pace. "What was it I was even supposed to get?" Twilight wondered out loud. She couldn't remember. Dismissing the thought, her mind began to drift until it honed in one thing. Not only did Twilight not know what she was looking for, she also didn't know the way back and the trip there had drained too much energy for a spell to help her get back. Stopping, she decided to get her bearings by looking at the stars.

A rustle penetrated the silence. Instincts took over as Twilight swiveled on the spot and let out a burst of magical light in the direction of the noise.
"WHAT THE HAY ARE YOU DOIN', TWILIGHT!" Applejack burst through the bushes.
"Applejack, I didn't know it was you. I'm glad you're here though, I don't think I would have the energy to fire another blast like that and I can smell Timberwolves on the wind," she panted.
"Why are you out here?"
" It's a long story." Twilight let out a sigh, "Is there any chance you could lend me a hoof getting out of here?"

After a few minutes of silence Applejack spoke up.
"Uh, Twilight, while I have you here could take a look at something for me?" As she said it Applejack pulled an apple out of her saddlebag but the apple wasn't anything lie the ones she had seen at Sweet Apple Acres. For a start the apple was black but when Twilight looked at it she felt like she was looking into a starless space. Unnerved by this strange fruit she asked Applejack to put it away and began to think.
"Off the top of my head I can't help you. I'm sure I saw a few books in the library about apples though,"

When Twilight and Applejack got back to the library Applejack dove into the books while Twilight was carefully picking them up and putting them back.
"Will you stop picking up after me and help?"
"Fine," Twilight muttered something about being untidy and pushed the book she was levitating into it's place she then headed into the next room to begin searching. "a reference guide to watermelons, a beginners manual to carrots, AHA." Twilight sped back into the main room with a dusty book that looked older than Granny Smith.
"are you sure that thing is up to date? It looks kinda old," Applejack asked
"it can't be that bad, it was wrote by... Starswirl The Bearded?" Twilight shrugged.
"I suppose 'erypony has a hobby. Well let's see if we can find this mystery apple."

After an hour of reading and five minutes of Applejack watching a particularly interesting bug they had read the book from cover to cover. Twilight sat there lost in the knowledge she has acquired while Applejack was nearly asleep. All of a sudden an idea perked her up.
"Why don' we ask Princess Celestia what she knows," Applejack shouted snapping Twilight out of her daze.Twilight grabbed a piece of parchment, a pen and a quill.She began to write.

Dear Princess Celestia
I am writing to ask you of a favour. Applejack and I have found an apple with unusual features. While it's shape is the same as an ordinary apple, it's colour is a deep black that draws in the eye.We are asking if you know anything that could help figure out what it is or at least give us full access to the restricted section in the Canterlot Royal Library.
Signed
Your faithful student Twilight Sparkle

Twilight finished the letter with a flourish and hovered it over to spike who guessed what it was and engulfed it in a burst of green flame.
"There,I'm sure that this apple will at least be in the Royal Library," Twilight assured herself
Within minutes Celestia had sent a response that read

Dear Twilight Sparkle
I do know of this apple but for fear of this letter being intercepted, accidental or otherwise, I do not wish to disclose this information in this letter. As soon at my duties allow it, I will journey to you and explain the apple in person. I must ask that you do NOT eat it.
Princess Celestia

Twilight handed the letter to an eager Applejack and sat there confused.
"What's so important about an apple that the princess needs to see us in person?" Applejack asked but Twilight was too lost in her own thoughts to answer. why is it so bad to eat the apple. She had to know, even if it meant injury. Twilight was proud of her vast knowledge and always believed she would do anything to get it including breaking into he Royal Library to get a spell. But then again Celestia was very clear in her letter. Twilight was at a loss until a familiar voice chipped in.
"What's wrong, Twi?"
"Nothing" Twilight let out a breath she didn't even know she was holding in, "let's just get some sleep. It would be easier if you stayed, just in case Celestia arrives tonight. Spike is going to visit friends in Canterlot so his bed will be free," She headed towards her bed and Applejack did the same.

Twilight was laying in her bed expecting sleep to wash over her but it never came. She knew why. The apple she wanted so badly lay in a saddlebag just across the room. Unfortunately for her so did Applejack and a whole piano of creaky floorboards (which Fluttershy had suggested putting there to help protect the tree from bugs). Mulling over the pros and cons she decided to go get the apple or more, as she realised, bring the apple to her. Reaching out for something apple shaped with her mind, she mentally headed toward the saddle bag until she found it. gently releasing the buckle and removing the apple she floated it back to herself.Twilight took a few seconds to prepare herself mentally and bit into it.

Flavour exploded into her mouth. The taste was magical, both tooth achingly sweet and tongue twistingly sour. The best description would be if you mixed together Pinkie Pie's sugar intake and Applejack's famous Bitter Fritter. Before she realised what she was doing Twilight let out a low moan.
"WHAT ARE YOU DOING, TWILIGHT?" A shout that sounded loud enough to wake the cake twins pierced the silence.
"I'm sorry, I couldn't help it, it's just that apple looked so delicious I had to take a bite and..." Twilight began but before she could finish Applejack cut in.
"That's all you were doin'?" Applejack raised an eyebrow
"Yeah, what did you think i was doing?"
Applejack blushed heavily but the dark hid it"Uuuh, nothing," she spotted the apple beside Twilight and hurried to change the subject. "So how does the apple taste?"
"It's amazing! I haven't ever tasted anything better."Twilight remembered the taste and beamed.
"Now I know you're lying 'cause you've tried my fritters." Applejack took a chunk out of the apple and her expression changed to one of awe. As she did so twilight began to get out of bed but a thought stopped her.
"Applejack, I'm naked!" she whispered urgently
"What?"
"Sweet Celestia, I'm naked!"
"Sweet Celestia is right!" Applejack tried to bow while still keeping the duvet draped over her rear
APPLEJACK, TWILIGHT, WHAT ON CELESTIA IS GOING ON?"

Author's Note:

This is my very first chapter so i would love it if you all would give me a hint on how to improve the rest of them