• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 2,376 Views, 111 Comments

Twilight's Experiments: The War of Mann Co. - MIKEANTHONY321



A cast of nine characters have ended up teleported into the world of Team Fortress 2, and are forced to fight each other on either side! RED or BLU?

  • ...
12
 111
 2,376

Capture the Flag Mode

Battle Arena #7: 2fort (Capture the Flag)

The first thing Twilight was thinking when the teams arrived at 2fort was how glad she was that Rainbow Dash was off her team. Ever since her joke about the ovaries at Nucleus, Rainbow Dash had been pounding at her angrily like a misguided serial-killer. Now that she was on the other team, she had the opportunity.

Once again, Red Sniper approached her.

“Isn’t this place beautiful? It’s my favorite map. It’s got the best battlements in all of our battle maps put together!” He sighed. “It’s also the oldest.”

Twilight was fiddling with her hooves, looking down toward the floor.

“Hey mate, what’s got you down?” He asked worriedly.

“It’s Rainbow Dash. Ever since I made that taunt at Nucleus, she’s hated me. How am I supposed to return to Equestria and the Elements of Harmony if she can’t stand me?” She paused for a moment, and sniffled. “We used to be great friends…”

“Well, who said you had to go back?” Red Sniper suggested.

“What? What are you talking about?”

“I’m saying you don’t have to go back to your world. It sounds like you had a lot of responsibility there, being a hero of the world and all. Here, all you have to do is shoot people and piss in jars.” He said, chuckling at the gag.

“But…I feel like if I stay, I’d be abandoning my friends in Equestria who need me. What if everypony needed the Elements of Harmony, and I wasn’t there to help?”

“Mate, that’s in a whole different universe from where you are. With what little knowledge of physics I still have from high school, while you’re in a different universe, things carry on as they would in the old one. As far as I can tell, a copy of you should still be living in Equestria.” Red Sniper explained.

“But…are you sure? This place is totally different from Equestria, and I don’t know how it will affect everypony.” Twilight asked.

“Well mate, think about it this way. Your other friends still like you. The rest of the team-members like you. And most importantly, I like you.”

“You really do like me? Like a friend?”

Red Sniper thought for a second. “Yeah, I guess you could say that.”

Twilight looked confused. “What do you mean by that?”

Red Sniper smiled. “You’ll find out in time. And I’m not just speaking for myself. Look around.”

Twilight did a scan of the resupply locker. Scattered around the room, she saw her pony friends talking, laughing, and socializing with their respective classes. Even Rarity and Red Spy seemed to be having a good time.

“Uh……okay. I’ll take your word for it.” Twilight reluctantly agreed.

Soon after their miniature conversation, the countdown began for the final battle before the inevitable demise that lied before Twilight and her friends.

“5…4…3…2…1…FIGHT!”

The resupply locker doors opened, and both teams charged out, ready for battle. The Snipers headed for the battlements, the Engineers went for the Intelligence rooms, and the other classes headed for the enemy base. Chaos erupted as they met at the bridge in the center.

…………………………………
Playing with Danger
…………………………………

If there were two people that Applejack trusted the most, it would be Red and Blue Engineer. And at this point, she only had to rely on Blue Engineer, hence being on his team this time around.

As soon as they left the resupply locker, they headed straight for the room that contained their Intelligence. Blue Engineer was the one who actually started for said room; Applejack just decided to follow him.

Once they had arrived, Blue Engineer turned around to begin building. But when he did, he was surprised to see Applejack standing behind him.

“Whoa partner, what are you doing here?” He asked.

“Well, I just thought I’d follow ya. This seems like a smart place to build them sentry guns.” Applejack replied.

“It most certainly is. However, I think it would benefit us even more if you would go build your sentry gun at our base’s sewer entrance. Spies, Scouts, and various other classes like to go that way.” Blue Engineer suggested.

“Alrighty then.”

Applejack took her tool box, and jogged out the door. Blue Engineer set his tool box down, took out a sandwich, and got to work. The first thing he wanted to build was a dispenser.

………………………………..

Meanwhile, Applejack left the Intelligence room, and began to work her way through the base on her way to the sewers. Several times, her teammates would randomly shoot at her or whack her with knives, checking to see if she was a disguised Spy. That got old sometimes.

Applejack jogged down the hallway, past the main corridor, down the stairs, through the sewer pipe, and into the small secondary control room that connected their base to the outside hub. Applejack could faintly hear gunfire from down the sewer exit.

She opened her tool box, and began working on a dispenser. Whenever she needed, she would use the small weapon box in the corner to resupply her metal.

After working patiently for a few minutes, Applejack had a simple dispenser. She would upgrade it later, but for now, she had to get started on a sentry gun.

Using small portions of metal that was periodically being supplied to her through her dispenser, Applejack worked on a level-one sentry gun. The machine rose out of its tool box, twisted around on its main axle, adjusted its head, extended its firing nozzle, and aimed into position. After a mere fifteen seconds, her defense weapon was ready.

Her next step was to upgrade her creations. She used her wrench to work on her dispenser and her sentry gun. After a few impatient minutes of sweaty work, Applejack had a fully-upgraded, rocket-firing, Heavy-killing, rather-beautiful pile of engineered steel known as Team BLU Defense Turret #2.

Applejack stood back, sighed, and admired her hard work. Right then, Red Scout came charging through the sewer, and got blown to smithereens by the creation.

“Now that…is a gun.” Applejack stated.

……………………………….

Meanwhile, while Applejack built her arsenal in the BLU sewers, Spike was defensively shooting rockets from the BLU battlements. Blue Sniper was standing a few feet away, also taking advantage of the genius shelf.

Fluttershy came running around the corner. Spike turned to her, and waved.

“Hey, Spike. Are you doing okay up here?” She asked.

“Yeah, I’m doing fine. I managed to blow up Zecora and Big Mac. Had a good laugh here and there.” He chuckled.

Fluttershy chuckled a little as well.

“Hey, could you give me an overheal so I can rocket jump to the RED base?” Spike asked.

“Um, I don’t think that’d be necessary. You seem to be doing fine. By the way, I meant to ask you something.” Fluttershy started.

“Yeah?”

“What were the plans for stopping team RED? Someone told me there’d be a game plan, but they never actually explained it to me.”

“Oh, well Blue Soldier told me everything. It’s quite an awesome plan! In our sewers, we have Applejack building a sentry gun to keep out secret intruders. So the only real way into the base is across the main bridge. However, we strategically placed all of our brute classes, such as Blue Heavy and Blue Demoman at the front to keep them out that way as well. We’ve got our Spy hidden somewhere in our base to take out anyone who manages to get in. And if all else fails, we have Blue Engineer in the Intelligence room to keep someone from capturing it. It’s pretty good, if I do say so myself.” Spike explained.

Fluttershy rubbed her chin, and nodded.

“That does sound like a pretty good plan. It’s weird how no one told me about it.”

“Yeah, I know.”

Spike turned around, and continued rocket-blasting. Fluttershy raised her knife, and stabbed Spike in the back. He fell forward, and plunged right off the battlements. Fluttershy instantly changed back into Rarity.

“Thanks for the information, Spikey-Wikey!” She exclaimed.

Blue Sniper quickly took notice of the situation, and turned around. Rarity remembered that she had lost her disguise, and was displaying the color red to all of her enemies.

“Hey bloody Spy, get back here!” Blue Sniper ordered. He whipped out his Kukri, and charged toward Rarity.

Rarity gasped, and quickly cloaked out of sight. Blue Sniper rapidly smacked mid-air with his knife, trying desperately to disclose her location. When he couldn’t find her, he growled in frustration.

“Stupid bloody RED Spies!” He yelled. Just after his angry outburst, he was sniped by Twilight.

Team BLU’s top-secret plan had just been revealed to all of team RED. At this point, it was either find a new plan, or inevitably lose.

……………………………………

Rarity headed back to her own base as fast as she could. Before she could make it into the front entryway, her cloak ran out. She rapidly became visible to everybody on the map.

Blue Spy quickly noticed her from the battlements. Without taking time to aim, he raised up his Ambassador, and pulled the trigger.

Just before Rarity made it into her base, a bullet whizzed by her ear faster than the speed of sound. She yelped, and covered her ear, checking to see if she was hit.

Luckily, Blue Spy missed her by a hair. She sprinted into the base, grateful that she got away. Now her next step was to report her findings to the rest of her team.

……………………………

Rarity made her way up the stairs, and onto the battlements. There, she found Twilight and Red Sniper lying down rather close to each other in front of the window. Their sniper rifles were pointed out toward the battlefield.

“Excuse me, mister Red Sniper?” Rarity asked.

Red Sniper pulled his eye from the scope, and turned to look at Rarity. Twilight did the same.

“I understand you’re one of the few people on this team who possess a headset. I figured you knew how to broadcast information to whoever needs it, so I came to you.”

“What is it, mate?” Red Sniper asked impatiently.

“I have disclosed some top-secret information from Spike on team BLU. It’s information on team BLU’s entire game-plan.” She explained.

Red Sniper smiled. “Excellent! Give me the details.”

Rarity took the time to explain to Red Sniper exactly what team BLU had in mind for keeping them out of the base. All the while, Twilight kept watch for any possible incoming attacks.

By the time Rarity was done, Red Sniper was grinning wildly.

“Great work, Spy! I’ll broadcast a counter-plan now!”

Red Sniper activated his headset, and adjusted the mouthpiece. He cleared his throat, and began. The words broadcasted through speakers scattered around the RED base, and only team RED could hear it.

“Attention team RED! Our excellent Spy has just come back to us with important team BLU information! I need all Heavies, Demomen, and Engineer sentry guns at the front entrance. All Spies report to the BLU sewers to take out a defensive BLU sentry gun. Everyone else, head straight forward toward the Intelligence. We’re going to take this base by force!” Red Sniper announced.

The rest of team RED who heard the announcement cheered, and began to carry out the plan just as instructed.

……………………………………

Blue Sniper, Blue Heavy, Blue Demoman, and any other BLU team members that were standing near the front lines were surprised when they saw a barrage of team RED fighters begin to pour out of their base all at once.

Blue Heavy, Blue Demoman, and Pinkie Pie moved forward in an attempt to stop the sudden intruders, but were killed quickly. Team BLU was being attacked!

Blue Sniper ran back through the base to alert Blue Soldier, Spike, and Blue Pyro about the intrusion. They were the last brute classes that could slow down the attack that were at easy access.

……………………………….

Applejack heard a lot of commotion coming from the base above her head. For a moment, she wondered what it was, but then quickly got back to focusing on her buildings. After a few seconds, Blue Soldier entered through the sewer exit.

Without even looking at her, he walked right up to her sentry gun, and placed a sapper. Steady streams of stray electricity flowed out of the sentry gun as it was slowly shut down of its energy.

“Hey Spy, quit sappin’ my sentry gun!” Applejack ordered. She grabbed her wrench, and charged at Blue Soldier.

Blue Soldier swiped a knife at her, instantly losing his disguise, and changing into Red Spy. He and Applejack began a melee match.

Applejack whacked Red Spy with her wrench, and Red Spy stabbed Applejack with his Big Earner. For a moment, it seemed like no one was going to win.

Suddenly, Rarity appeared from mid-air in the corner behind Applejack. She steadily raised her knife, and plunged it into Applejack’s back. Applejack cried out, and fell to the floor.

“Excellent job, colleague. Now let’s get moving!” Red Spy ordered.

Red Spy and Rarity activated a couple of BLU disguises, and headed down the sewer to join up in team RED’s raid.

………………………………………

Once they had climbed the stairs, they met up with the mob of RED fighters that moved down the hall swiftly. A Pyro or a Demoman would’ve been able to efficiently take all of them out in one hit. However, they were held back by Big Mac and Red Heavy.

The team barreled down the basement stairs, and made their way into the Intelligence room. A few of their fighters were quickly lost due to the level-three sentry gun that lied just inside the doorway. Zecora and Red Demoman quickly got rid of it with a few grenades.

Red Scout sprinted forward, and grabbed the briefcase. He began to glow with a green outline, displaying his health quality.

“We have taken the enemy Intelligence!” The announcer exclaimed over the loudspeaker.

As fast as his teenage legs could carry him, Red Scout barreled out of the Intelligence room, leaving the rest of his team behind. They followed him at a slower pace, ready to defend him on the way out of the BLU base.

……………………………………

No sooner did Red Scout make it out of the basement, another announcement was given over the loudspeaker.

“Alert! The enemy has taken our Intelligence…”

“What?! That’s impossible!” Red Scout interjected.

A static voice slowly came into frequency over Red Scout’s headset. Listening closely, Red Scout could recognize the voice of his former-colleague: Rainbow Dash.

“No it’s not, Chucklehead. Now it’s time for us to see who’s really faster!” She challenged.


Intruder Alert!
...

Red Scout gasped. That little rat! Rainbow Dash is the stealer of the RED Intelligence! She must’ve been hiding out in the base when the invasion started.

Red Scout grunted, and swiftly took off running as fast as he could go without dropping the Intelligence. He darted back and forth down the hallways, exiting the BLU base through the front entrance within a mere few seconds.

As soon as he did so, however, he noticed that Rainbow Dash had done the same. They stared at each other viciously from both sides of the bridge.

They barely got to for a just a couple seconds when the rest of team RED piled out of the BLU base. Shots rang out, all in attempt to hit Rainbow Dash and buy time for Red Scout to capture the Intelligence.

“Nice try, but I’ve got a little weapon of my own!” Rainbow Dash laughed.

Rainbow Dash spread her wings, and took off into the sky. All of team RED watched in shock as Rainbow Dash soared over the battlefield with the RED Intelligence.

Red Sniper also noticed this from the RED battlements.

“Oh, no you don’t! That’s not even legal!” He growled.

He put his eye up to the scope, and fired a shot. The sniper bullet whizzed through the air, and punctured Rainbow Dash’s left wing in mid-flight.

A spray of blood streamed from Rainbow Dash’s wing. She cried out in agony, and began to spiral downward like a burning helicopter.

“Run Scout, run!” Red Sniper yelled at the top of his lungs.

Red Scout, obeying orders, took off to secure the Intelligence with the few precious seconds remaining on his shoulders.

Just before hitting the ground, Rainbow Dash whipped out the Force a Nature, and fired beneath her, thrusting her upward with enough force to slow her descent. She landed safely on the BLU battlements, where she continued her race on hoof, regardless of her injured wing.

The entire battle now rested on whoever could reach their Intelligence room first.

………………………………

Rainbow Dash bolted through her base with the Intelligence on her back. Her mane blew backward in the wind that was produced from her blinding speed.

She jetted down the basement stairs, around the hallway corner, and toward the Intelligence room. All she had to do was place the Intelligence on the shelf in front of her, and her team won the battle.

“Ah, victory feels good!” She sighed to herself. She took the Intelligence off her back, and held it in front of her.

A mere fraction of a second before she placed the Intelligence, she was backstabbed by Red Spy. Rainbow Dash cursed very loudly, and collapsed to the floor.

“This is Rainbow Dash! Rainbows make me cry! Over!” He taunted, prancing around like a pretty princess. “Go jump off a bridge.”

……………………………….

Seconds later, Red Scout captured the BLU Intelligence.

“Success! Team RED has secured the BLU Intelligence!” The announcer exclaimed.

Team RED had once again won the battle. No matter how hard Rainbow Dash tried, she just couldn’t counter her enemies.

………………………………………

After everyone respawned, they met at the bridge in the center of 2fort. RED stood on one side, and BLU stood on the other. A few seconds of long, solemn silence commenced among both teams.

“Well, what are you waiting for? Do the freaking team scramble!” Rainbow Dash impatiently demanded.

“I don’t think that’ll be necessary. There will not be another battle after this.” Red Soldier announced.

All of the ponies gasped.

“What do y’all mean?” Applejack asked worriedly.

“We have a very special guest who will be governing you for the time-being. If you manage to succeed in the upcoming trial, the battles will continue, and everything will return to normal.” Blue Soldier explained.

“Who? Who is the special guest?” Pinkie Pie asked.

A few of the fighters from team RED parted to the side, and a tall lady who had just arrived on the scene stepped forward.

“Greetings. I am your announcer.” The lady stated.

The ponies gasped again.

“So you’re the one who needs to get a hobby?” Rainbow Dash asked in wonder and awe.

The announcer gave her a dirty look. “Well, if you HAVE to put it that way.”

“So…what’s going on? What are you going to do to us?” Fluttershy asked worriedly.

“You have been selected to defend Mann Co. against Gray Gravel Co.’s army of robots. If you let them bomb our shipping base, we’re all done for!” The announcer started.

“And how do we have a snowball’s chance of doing that?” Applejack asked defiantly.

“Figure it out. You will not be getting any help from any of your human colleagues. However, I will still give you the news feed on incoming threats such as Spy-bots, Engineer-bots, and sentry-busters.” The announcer added. “Now, off you go!”

“But wait, what if…”

Before Applejack could finish her sentence, the announcer snapped her fingers, and the ponies were whisked off to Mannworks Shipping Facility.

………………………………

After a few seconds of silence, Blue Scout said something.

“Hey, can I touch your boobs?” He asked the announcer.

Everyone on both teams, including the announcer, gave him a look of pure disgust. He chuckled awkwardly.

“Eh heh heh……never mind.”

To be Continued…

Author's Note:

Yeah yeah yeah, I know. You're supposed to capture the Intelligence three times in order to win instead of just one. If I did that, this chapter would've been five times as long as most of the story put together.

Anyway, I changed the music that is played during each chapter. If you go back and look at them, you'll see what I mean. I just think this sounds better.

The next chapter is Mann vs Machine! >:D