• Published 23rd Apr 2013
  • 2,114 Views, 82 Comments

Rearranged - Touch the Sky



Twilight Sparkle is an alicorn princess. She couldn't ask for better friends. But after an accidental repeat of a disruptive spell we all recognise, her friends haven't only swapped cutie marks- but species too.

  • ...
4
 82
 2,114

...Call 01257PinkiePie

Before the pegasi could even get airborne, the tidal wave of bunnies crashed over us. Bunnies filled my world.
I heard Rainbow scream, a high-pitched girly sound I'd never expect to come from her, then I heard Fluttershy cursing loudly and profusely at Pinkie. Then the sea of rabbits closed over my head.

I kicked out, trying to push myself to the surface. It was as if I was swimming in water. I kept kicking, flailing all four hooves. The holes in my limbs made it harder, but eventually my head broke the surface. As it did, I felt the first set of small teeth nip my foreleg. Seconds later I was screaming as the bunnies nipped and scratched my whole body.

Trying to quell my panic, I looked around for any of my friends. There was a sudden yell as Applejack shot out of the flood, but the bunnies clinging to her wings pulled her back down and I lost sight of her. A violet magical burst and a flash of rainbow tail was all I saw of Rainbow before she too vanished once more.

I saw Rarity rise up out of the tide nearby, great white wings beating hard despite there being at least a dozen rabbits clinging on to each. She was tiring fast, and though she blasted several spells at the rabbits her wings couldn't take it. She fell back into the swarming bunnies.

Still kicking frantically as the rabbits nibbled at my legs, I searched for any glimpse of Fluttershy and Pinkie. But instead I saw Angel, skilfully 'surfing' over his followers on a bit of wood. He steered towards me and circled my head, grinning at me wickedly. Timing it just right, I spat in his face as he passed.

Angel's small face twisted into an angry frown. He wiped the saliva off with small paws, before smirking, reaching out and shoving my head under.

Immediately two rabbits latched on to my face. I let out a muffled scream, only to choke on a mouthful of fur. I struggled desperately as tiny, furry bodies squiggled around me, biting every patch of fur they could reach.
I wailed pitifully, but then I felt strong hooves beneath my forelegs and I was lifted up. With a rush, I was in the open air. I looked up, expecting to see Rarity, but it was Pinkie, an angry frown on her face. She carried me over to a tree and put me down in the branches before turning back to the tides. Fluttershy sat beside me, looking equally bemused.

Pinkie landed on a low branch and cleared her throat. "Ahem. Excuse me?"
The bunnies ignored her.
"Excuse me?" There was a warning in her tone this time. A few bunnies looked up, but then went back to what they were doing.
"Alright. Last. Chance." growled Pinkie.

Every single rabbit turned to look at her.
"Now I want you all to be good, civilised little rabbits and leave my friends alone."

As I watched, the rabbits moved away, revealing the crumpled forms of Applejack, Rainbow and Rarity. The three of them stood up, looking shocked and scared, their coats scribbled with scratches.
Pinkie didn't even look at them. "Good bunnies. Now, where are you, Angel?"
None of the rabbits moved.

"I know you're there, Angel." Pinkie said sternly. "Come out."
Again there was no movement. Pinkie glared at the rabbits until finally a small white paw shot up. Pinkie smiled slightly, but then the smile vanished as another white paw went up, then another, then another, until every single white rabbit had raised its paw.

Pinkie sighed and swooped over the army of rabbits, snatching up one of the white rabbits and carrying it back to the front of the group. She put it down and then sat down in front of it.
"So, Angel. Go on and tell us what that attack was all about." The rabbit opened his mouth, but Pinkie said, "Don't even think about telling me you're not Angel. I knew where you were the whole time."

Angel's ears flopped down and he stared at the ground. Eventually he looked up into Pinkie's blue eyes and tapped his foot against the ground twice. Pinkie immediately nuzzled him. "Oh, Angel. You didn't have to invade the farm because of that!"

Fluttershy, deciding it was safe, jumped down from the tree. I followed suit, and walked over to Rainbow, who was looking faint at the state of her coat and mane. As I walked towards her, Rainbow put a hoof up to her head in a very Rarity-esque way and cried, "This is The. Worst. Possible. Thing!" and swooned, pulling a decorative couch all the way from town with her magic and collapsing on it. It made me laugh, despite myself.

Rarity and Applejack were examining their wings. I spotted a few rabbits with orange or white feathers in their claws, and could see a good few gaps in the pegasus's and the alicorn's wings. Applejack flapped her wings a few times and then looked distraught, before beating them harder. She lifted only a little off the ground; evidently she had lost too many feathers to fly safely and would be grounded until the feathers grew back.

Rarity's wings, having more feathers, were less badly affected. But flight was the last thing on the princess's mind; she trotted over to where Fluttershy was having a heated argument with Pinkie while Angel cowered behind Pinkie's wings.

Leaving Applejack to rage about her loss of flight and Rainbow to lounge tragically on her couch, I joined the conversation just as Fluttershy stamped her yellow hoof and shouted, "We should kill the little villain before he causes any more trouble! A strong stamp on his head'd do it. No more problem."

That made me shudder. The Fluttershy I knew would never have even considered killing an animal like that, especially not her own pet. But as Winona came racing over, hackles up and snarling at the cowering white rabbit, I remembered Angel wasn't Fluttershy's pet any more.

Pinkie wrapped her wings around the shaking rabbit and snarled, "We're not killing Angel! I told you, he had to lead his family here. They were hungry because the food at my home ran out and there was nowhere else they could go."
"Then why attack us?" snapped Fluttershy, still glowering at the rabbit.
"He didn't want to be interrupted like yesterday. His family were really hungry."

Fluttershy shook her head. "I still think that little wolf-in-bunny's-clothing would have slaughtered us all."
Winona growled. As if the dog had given her the idea, Fluttershy added, "If I see him or any of his pals on my farm again, I'll set Winona on them, whether they're hungry or not."
Pinkie turned to Angel. "I hope you took all that on board, Angel. Now go and let your friends know about the new rules."
The snowy rabbit nodded, but didn't make any move to get off Pinkie's back. Winona was eyeing him with a threatening glare.

"On your way, Winona." said Fluttershy impassively. Winona gave Angel a last growl and loped away through the trees.
Angel cautiously bounded from behind Pinkie's wings and scurried over to his army. After a bit of paw waving and stamping, the rabbits began to race away towards Fluttershy's home.

Rarity finally spoke. "I think we should all go home and tend our wounds, then meet up tomorrow."
"Yeah!" I found myself bouncing enthusiastically suddenly, a stupid grin plastered on my face. "Today was super fun! You know, except for the being attacked by an army of bunnies part, but the rest was awesome!"
The other three stared at me. "I think," said Rarity finally, "that we've got our good old Twilight back."

All the way back to Ponyville with Rarity, Rainbow and Applejack, I was bouncing. I even found the words of a silly ditty forming on my lips, and as soon as I'd sung it it left my head for good. I got back to Sugarcube Corner and waved my friends off, before turning around. Immediately my eyes stretched to ridiculous proportions at the sight of all the sugary treats. I sneaked towards a large cake, muttering, "Just a few crumbs..."
Next thing I knew, I was licking the plate clean. I followed the cake with a dozen cupcakes, an entire trifle and a whole jar of candy canes. Yet I still found myself edging towards a tray of eclairs which lay on the side.

Luckily, Mrs Cake walked in right then, her two foals slung over her back, both snoring quietly. "Oh, Twilight, you're here." she said, obviously relieved. "Could you make another cake to replace the one you just ate? Oh, and then a new trifle and another batch of cupcakes."
My tongue slowly stretched out and swept all the eclairs off the tray into my mouth. Mrs Cake smiled ruefully. "Oh, and another two dozen eclairs."

I nodded, licking cream off my muzzle as I trotted into the kitchen. I stopped in the middle of the room and suddenly remembered- I've no idea how to make cakes...

Author's Note:

Spot the reference! (This is pretty easy, in my opinion, anyway)