• Published 27th Apr 2014
  • 1,930 Views, 12 Comments

The Band - Ben Matthews



Four musical ponies form a band. Can, the young and inexperienced, Sweetie Belle hold the group together as they tour Equestria, or will they fall into disharmony due to contrasting personalities and styles of music?

  • ...
2
 12
 1,930

Night and Day in Cloudsdale

Under Cloudsdale

The band members, along with Trixie, their unofficial tour manager, look up at the floating city of Cloudsdale.
"How do us non-flyers get up there?", asks Sweetie Belle.
Wild Rover answers, "I can get you up to the city, But, the tricky part is staying up there."
Trixie points to herself, "Speaking of tricks; Trixie will cast a cloud walking spell on all those without wings. Then Rover will really earn his, by carrying us all up there."
Octavia asks, "What about the trailer?"
"Unfortunately, Trixie hasn't found a way to take it up with her; Yet. That is one aspect Trixie dislikes about Cloudsdale,; Aside from that other place, this was Trixie's least successful show; due to the shortage of my usual props."

After casting a series of spells on non-pegasi, and their stuff they are taking up with them; Trixie worns, "Remember, this spell is limited to about a day; So be careful where you walk, or you might fall through the clouds."
" You know, we could have rented a balloon; Instead of working me like a dog, carrying all of you, and your luggage, up here to Cloudsdale.."
Vinyl Scratch comments, " Rover is the usual name for a dog."

In Another Pegasus Pub

The Band looks over the crowd in the small pub as they take to the stage.
Two unknown ponies sit down next to Trixie at a table near the stage.
"You're Trixie Lulamoon?", inquires the new white coated pony with a pink mane.
Grinning, "You have heard of the Great and Powerful Trixie!"
The thestral next to her asks, "What are you doing up here in a pegasus bar like this?"
The blue unicorn points to herself, then at the band on the stage. "Trixie is their tour manager, as well as their special effects artist for the bigger concerts. May Trixie know who you two are?"
The pegasus points to herself, then at the thestral, "Sunny Days, and my sister, Windy Nights.

Windy Nights has a huge smile as she leaves the dance floor and heads back to her table.
"Sister, I didn't know you can dance!"
"I had to, the song moves me."
Sunny Days gets on the dance floor as the next song starts.

Sweetie Belle jumps off the stage and embraces her orange coated pegasus friend. "Scoots, what are you doing here?"
"I'm with Rainbow Dash for the next Wonderbolts show."
"Want to pound the drums for our next song?"
"Sure."
They both get on stage. and Sweetie introduces their guest drummer, "This my dear friend, and fellow Crusader, Scootaloo."

Wild Rover steps up to the mic for the next song.

Sweetie takes over the front mic, "All right ponies; last song for the night, and your last chance to dance!"

The band join Trixie and her two new friends, Ordering the last round of drinks for themselves.
Sunny, "My sister and I have some connections; Maybe we can get you to perform for the Wonderbolts at the colosseum here in Cloudsdale."
Scootaloo thrusts her front hooves into the air, "That would be awesome! I'll see if Rainbow Dash can help set this up."

The Cloudeseum Concert.

Sweetie Belle smiles at Spitfire and the rest of the Wonderbolts. They begin their aerial stunts as she starts to sing:

The Wonderbolts land in their seats as Wild Rover steps up to the microphone, "This is for one of the ponies who helped us make this concert possible."

Sweetie Belle switches places with Wild Rover, "This is for another pony who helped put this together."

Sweetie waves Wild over, "Let's slow things down a bit, for our next song we'll sing."

Wild Rover points the microphone at the band's manager and illusionist. "This one is from me to Trixie."

Sweetie Belle takes center stage. "The next two songs are for Scootaloo and the Wonderbolts, especially the last one."

As the last notes of the song drift through the air, two griffons land in front of the stage breathing hard, and looking exhausted.
"Gilda!" Rainbow Dash lands in front of the griffons. "What are you doing here?"
"Let, huh, me. huh, catch, huh, my breath."
"My name's Gabby." said the grey feathered griffon. "I flew with Gilda to ensure the Princesses get our message,"
Spitfire pulls off his sunglasses and seriously looks at the griffons, "What message would that be?"
Gilda answers, "A new griffon general, named Garibaldi, plans to reunite the Griffon Kingdom. He wants to include Griifonstone. But, he will have to fly and or march though Equestria to do it. Most of the time, you ponies are a bunch of losers. But, that does not mean I want a war between our people."
Sunny Days and Windy Nights approach. "Me and my sister will fly to Canterlot to inform Celestia and Luna."
Spittfire nods, and looks at his teammate. "Rainbow Dash. Please inform Princess Twilight Sparkle what is happening.."
The blue coated pegasus, with a multi-colored mane, gives a sharp salute then rockets into the air. and flies down towards Ponyvile.
Sweetie Belle looks at her fellow band members , and Trixie. "Let's head to Griffonstone. We may not be able to do much, but we may be able to slow things down to buy time for the Princesses."

Author's Note:

After ages, a wild chapter appears.
I am not that happy with this chapter; my paragraphs are a pathetic mess. I am still confused about separating speaking lines.

Bonus Tracks:
Another Irish Drinking Song by Da Vinci's Notebook
The Irish Pub by The High Kings