• Published 9th Apr 2013
  • 484 Views, 2 Comments

Wisdom's: Peaceful Beginnings - InnerWisdom



I shall take you on a journey. A journey that takes you through the story "The After Party" and also give some more insight to before the beginning of it.

  • ...
 2
 484

Chapter VII: The Mysterious Mr. Z

“Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us, and the world will be as one.”-John Lennon


The next few days were indecisive. I couldn’t remember anything that had happened at Nightmare Night. I couldn’t sleep, I couldn’t meditate, it was as if something or someone was trying to find me. Then, one morning, I got a letter in the mail. It said:

Dear Mr. Wisdom,

Your mind has been shadowed with many questions that shall be answered. There is great power building up nearby. You and your friends are in grave danger. You must come to the Everfree Forest and meet a contact of mine, that will guide you to a safe place where we can discuss all of the matters at hand. The contact goes by the number 021. For your safety, Come Alone. I look forward to our wise discussion.

Sincerely,

Mr. Z

So, I went on a small journey into the Everfree Forest. I didn’t know who Mr. Z nor how he knew my name. I arrived at the designated meet up point. It was getting dark, I figured that it was a joke but then I was hit on the head and passed out.

I awoke, in a chamber of some sort. I noticed several seats, one in fact, that was bigger then the rest. A door opened, and several ponies wearing silver robes took place in the seat but the tallest seat was still empty. One of the ponies said something, “Mr. Wisdom, Welcome to the Council of the Wise Elders. I am Ms. S, before you meet Mr. Z, please answer us this one question. What is the meaning of Peace and Harmony once combined?”

I looked around at the elders unsure of their intentions. I however did respond with, “Well, Ms. S, your question is a very good one indeed. For peace to the wisest of us all can mean Happiness, Hope, Freedom, Friendship, and so much more, but Harmony is where the balance of Peace is met with some sort of force, something that binds us all together, that something can be known as, Love.”

The council nodded their heads in agreement, then one of the elders said, “Mr. Wisdom, I am Mr. D, my question for you is, what makes you happy?”

I smiled and said “Mr. D, I am always happy, I may have the same abilities as Pinkamena Diane Pie, but the fact is that I am only happy when my friends are safe, peaceful, and enjoying what they do, unless its for malicious intent.”

Again, the council nodded their heads in agreement and before one of them said something else, I interrupted by saying, “I’m sorry for the interruption but if I might ask, why was I summoned here, what is my purpose here, and if it’s simple to ask, who hit me?”

They all started to mutter something and then a large voice came from behind. It said “You were summoned here to help us figure out Queen Chrysalis’s Plan and why she has been watching several of your friends including Rocket Sky, and if you must know changeling 021 hit you. I know you have many questions, so let’s answer them, shall we?”

The figure then sat at the tallest seat and peered right down at me. What made it weirder for me was the fact that this elder had a medallion, that oddly looked like my cutie mark. I looked around at all the elders and said “Chrysalis is planning an attack on Canterlot, she already tried and failed, but I fear she will try again. I don’t know why she has been watching my friends but I do know this, there's another pony, who goes by the name Rose Petal, she has been getting very attached to meeting my friend Rocket. I think she might be trying to use my friends to get closer to him. My first question I guess, would be, Who is Rose Petal?”

The elders turned to the elder in the tallest seat. He looked at me and said “Rose is not a threat to you or your friends, she merely is under a bad influence from her mother , Chrysalis.”

“Mother?” I said very frantically. “So, you're telling me that Rose is the daughter of Chrysalis, but that doesn’t explain who the father is. She seems so peaceful and friendly, so unless she is faking that charm and glamour, then who is the Father?”

Again, the elders turned to the elder in the tallest seat. He said “If you really want to know, then you shall follow me to the garden of peace. This meeting of the elder’s is hereby adjourned.”

I followed the elder to the garden. I looked around at the beauty that had surrounded us. He sat down near a tree and said “You're the first one of your kind that I have ever met. Rose is my daughter, it really isn’t easy to explain but here it goes. I met Chrysalis when we were just younglings. She was lost, she had nowhere to go, and I knew she was different. I myself didn’t have anywhere to go. I was a youngling with nothing but a wise personality. We stumbled into the Forest to protect ourselves from the rain that was falling. She was quite something really. We walked further into the forest and found a small shack. When we entered we found several creatures that are now known as Changelings. They were harmless and quite friendly. I saw great care in her, until one day, one of the changelings stumbled into the forest and was discovered by Princess Luna. Luna saw it as a threat against the Kingdom and had it exterminated, or so she thought. Do you remember the changeling that hit you in the head?”

I nodded and the Elder continued, “I found him in the forest months ago, and it turned out that he was the one that escaped from Luna’s attack. Chrysalis however, saw nothing but hatred and one night decided to gather an army of Changelings and show them off to Equestria.. I was unaware though that she was. . .well. . .with child and banished her. At least not until I found out months later from Changeling 021. I have since then been monitoring her movements and keeping an out out on my daughter. I hope this answers your question.”

I nodded and said “It all makes sense now, but if I may ask, what is your name and why haven’t you tried to see your daughter?”

He looked at me and said “I am Mr. Z, I have not tried to see my daughter because. . .well. . .I know Chrysalis has spoiled her mind by telling her that I was a pathetic king, I was a horrible father, and that I banished both of them. . . but I didn’t banish Rose, only Chrysalis. Rose is and will always be the greatest queen that the Changelings need.”

I admit, I was tearing up, a bit when I heard this. I smiled though and said “Here’s what you should do, Confront Chrysalis about the attacks because we all know that she plans on more, then you tell her to stop following Rocket and his friends, and finally because Chrysalis is bound to bring Rose here, you get reunited and the love and happiness shall be Harmonized.”

He nodded and led me back to Ponyville where he then said, “Mr, Wisdom, before you go, you need to know that your mind has been erased to protect the ponies from knowing what happened on Nightmare Night. I look forward to meeting you again someday. If we ever need help, we will find you, and we will gracefully ask. Farewell.”

He walked back into the forest and began planning the confrontation.