• Published 13th Apr 2013
  • 437 Views, 4 Comments

The Bogey Pony - Nightshade shadow kitty



A grimdark story focusing on the origins of the Shadow Pony named Glam.

  • ...
 4
 437

Introduction

Introduction

The grey coated unicorn entered the laboratory. His eyes were gray and emotionless behind his glasses, his mane nearly white. His white lab coat simply adding to his almost soulless appearance. He examined the five fleshy masses that hung from the ceiling in his lab. Each one acted much the same as a womb. Each contained the fruits of his labour, the future of pony kind. Everything he had strived for. The perfect race of pony.

It had been nearly a year since the gestation had started. Thanks to the DNA he had gotten from the imprisoned Samael the growth itself had been rather quick, but it would be better to leave them until he was sure they were ready. It couldn’t be long now, the movement within the fleshy masses had begun to increase lately, they would begin the birthing process soon. His victory seemed certain…

He examined each of the wombs in turn and scribbled some notes into his journal, noting changes and movements and any other little thing that caught his eye. One started to drip amniotic fluid. The birthing process had started. A second one also began to drip fluids. It had begun.

The first squirmed and then suddenly burst and a mass of blood, flesh, and bone splattered on the ground.

"A still born… First subject was a failure then…" Kerrice made a few more notes.

The second did not burst, instead, something began to push its way out of the fleshy growth. A black, hairless head emerged from the womb and fell to the ground.

The newborn was the same size as any other foal. It shivered on the cold stone floor. It was jet black and lacked hair of any kind. It was thin, so thin it’s bones were nearly visible.

"…. another failure… no matter… it will do to further my research…" He made a few more notes in his journal.

He then wrapped it up and placed it in a cold cement cell with a large iron door on one end and a large glass viewing window on the other. He sealed the door and returned to observing the wombs.

The foal shivered in the cold cell, pulling the blankets tighter around it. It opened its glowing red eyes and looked around, fear and pain was all it felt.

Another of the wombs burst in a bloody and gory mess. Another still birth.

Kerrice sighed. "Third subject was a failure…"

The last two emerged and fell to the ground. Not as thin as the other, but still smaller.

"Subjects Four and Five… failure… it seems I’ve hit another dead end… I’ll need to conduct more research… No matter…"

He placed the other two with the first and cleaned up the mess in his lab and scribbled down some notes.

The three newborns huddled together for warmth, the older one holding the younger ones protectively on instinct. They all shivered together but the fear was gone, only the cold and the pain remained.

Author's Note:

I've had this written for a while. Let me know what you think please. And if you spot any errors, please let me know.