• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 366 Views, 1 Comments

The Dark Ages: The True Tale of Equestrian History - Dragonas77



Twilight has been sent a new shipment of books from Celestia. Included is a strange new book that will completelly change her view of history as she knows it.

  • ...
 1
 366

A New World is Born

Chapter 3: A New World is Born

"Girls," Celestia called, magically enhancing her voice so they would hear. "Please come back, I have a task for you all!"

Within a half hour the three had trotted back, happy to serve Celestia. All three had been whispering, wondering what they were supposed to do this time.

"Settle down, my little ponies. I have a huge task for you all. I want you....." she paused, just make them squirm with anticipation. "To make the world."

All three stared, wondering how, and why, Celestia would give them this task.

"Um, Princess, not to question you or anything, but isn't the world arleady made?" The purple Unicorn asked, logically think it out.

"Yes, but I want you to make the cities of the world. You each will be the mother of your own races. Each of you, I task with making a city and creating ponies of your own kind to inhabit it." She paused, waiting for them to shout, or complain, or at least burst with happiness, but they just sat there waiting. She was proud, then continued, "I know this is a huge task, so I will give each of you the magic to make what you need happen, happen."

All three hopped up and began hugging each other. They couldn't have been more overjoyed.

* * * * *

The Pegasus pony was the first to start construction of her own world. "Of her own race" she thought. It was a daunting task, but she had a few ideas. Most prominent, the sky. She was a Pegasus, as would be her race, so why not incorporate flying into their lifestyle?

She raced toward the sky, and began to push clouds about, this way and that. She compacted many of them, forming solid walls of clouds. Out of her own mind, creations seemed to form of their own will. She barely needed to think, and her body made what she wanted. She knew it was the magic, but it still amazed her.

From under her own hooves, spires, houses, and entire towns formed. A flying city for a flying race. Could it be more perfect?

After weeks of building, through the use of magic, she finished. The little blue Pegasus had made one central city, which she entitled Cloudsdale. She made a few other surrounding cities, more stretched apart. And she made everything floating on the magic of the clouds, permanently airborne.

The final, most dificult task lay ahead though. The ponies. She had to make the ponies, to sculpt them of the clouds, and bring them to life. She was scared, but the magic took over and formed a basic template each time. A blank pony stood before her each time, and she just made subtle changes, all by thinking.

"Make that one yellow with a blue mane, and that one green with a ..... oh I dont know! I can't do this!" she said to herself. But, Ceslestia's words spoke to her.

"You each will be the mother of your own races." Celestia had said.

"I can't be a disappointment to Celestia!" she said, growing in volume until she was almost shouting. "I..... I MUST make them! I can do it!"

And she did. She sculpted perfect Pegasus ponies to live in her city's. She made wings for each one, and picked the colors of each pony she made. She made them all unique, and all for Celestia.

She looked back, pleased with her work, as they all came to life before her eyes. They all knew their place in the city, their jobs, their families. She saw all this, and rushed off to tell the Princess of what she had accomplished.

* * * * *

The Earth pony rushed off, just like her blue coated sister, to build her own world. The light brown pony had set out to build her city to please the Princess. She wanted to be unique, and close to her element, the Earth itself, and wanted the location to reflect that.

For almost a week she hunted accross all of Equestria for the perfect spot. Finally, she found it.

"Perfect!" she said, beaming at the sight of the valley before her. Mountains lined one side, and a rolling plains on the other. The grassy valley dipped ever so slightly, and that was where her town would be.

"Let's start." And with that, she began the long process, making the town what she envisioned. She refused to use magic if she could do it herself. She was stubborn like that, and made all the homes by hoof. She only used magic to craft the materials she needed, and to lift the heavy pieces of the houses.

It took several weeks, but she did it. And almost all by the sweat of her mane. She looked at the little village, only twenty or so houses, and with a central tree in the heart of the village. She looked down, and was proud of her work.

But the toughest task still lay ahead. She still needed to fulfil Celestia's second order, to make her own race.

It took many tries, and many more days, before she finally was pleased with her work. She had crafted so many molds from the magic, but none of them seemed perfect to her. She hated how she had to use the magic, but it was nessasary.

She had first formed the ponies of the bare dirt, but they fell apart. Next, she tried, mud, but it wouldn't stay in place. She tried water, and it spilled forth the instant she tried. Frustrated, she stomped her hooves, and found the answer!

"Earth!" she hollered. "It needs earth! It needs all of these things, a bit of mud, a bit of water, some dirt, some clay, and a tiny bit of sand. It's what the earth really is, a mixture....." she marveled at this revelation, and soon began to craft her masterpiece. She used the clay, the sand, the stone, and every natural bit of the earth, and made her perfect pony.

"It's......" she looked at it, mouth working wordlessly, "It's me....." She had unintentionally crafted a replica of herself. It was so unnerving she couldn't look at it, and the magic took over, making it what her mind wanted. It carved out stronger, thicker legs, and a palette of different colors. The magic worked, the earth pony not even realizing this as she hid her face from her own work, until a croud of almost thirty different ponies circled her. She looked up, amazed.

"What are you crying for, miss?" A tan colt asked her.

The brown Earth pony checked, and she hadn't even realised she was crying.

"I'm.... I'm crying....." she sputtered out inbetween brief sobs, "I'm crying because of how proud I am of all of you."

The whole village cheered at this, and hoisted her up, carrying her down into the town she had just made.

She was so happy, words could have never described her joy. She was showed her own town by its new residents, and each resident magically already knew their own house, and their mate. It was a sight to behold.

They arrived back at the town center soon after, and the brown Earth pony said, "I christen this place, Ponyville!"

All the residents cheered again. She gave a small smile, and then explained to her new creations that she had to go, but would be back soon.

"I have to tell the Princess, she will be so proud!" the pony said as she ran back to the where place Celestia was.

* * * * *

The purple mare had lingered for a whle, while the others had run off almost immediately after Celestia had given them the tasks set before them. She knew better though. With her magic, she took a nearby branch and began making her city in the earth.

Hours later, she had made scale models of every building in the soon to be city, and architectural plans written beside each one. It was perfectly laid out. True to the Princess's prediction, she had laid out everything before even begining. She smiled, reflecting on what Celestia had said about her.

* * * * *

"Ok, so the spire will go here, and the library will go there....." she muttered to herself, as she looked over the spot she had chosen for her own city. It was right next to a mountain, perfectly guarded on at least one side, should a time of war ever come again.

After reconstructing her scale model to work from, she began forming the building blocks to make her city from. She harnessed her new magical power, now enhanced by Celestia for this task, and began carving out perfect white stone bricks. Out of the mountain she made them, and built the city right alongside its peaks.

* * * * *

Many weeks later, she steped back, and gazed down at her work. The little purple Unicorn had done it, she built the city all by herself. She did rely heavily on magic to make it, but it was a city made for magical ponies.

"It will suit them perfectly!" she thought to herself. One final touch was needed on the city itself though. She cast one more spell, and permeated the entire city with a hint of magic. All throughout the city, a slight white glow emanated from everywhere. From the bricks, to the roofs, to the streets below, everything had a slight radiant glow.

"I christen you, Cantelot! The city of Magic!" The young pony proclaimed.

She was about to leave, but she suddenly remembered the second part of Celestia's task.

"How could I have been so foalish! I had planned it all out, but forgot the ponies who would inhabit it?!" she scolded herself.

Immediately, she set to work, crafting a perfect pony template to work from. It was a exact copy of her, and from there, she replaced it for each pony, but each with their own unique changes from herself.

"No pony should be like another. We are all unique....." she said as she worked, magically bringing the unicorns before her to life.

The unicorns stumbled a little bit, unsure what was happening, where they were, or even what they were. After a long lecture by their creator, all the other unicorns finally understood, and the magic seemed to take over and they all magically knew where they belonged. Each knew what their job in life was, and each instantly recieved their own mark upon their flank, relfecting their passions.

Proud of her work, the Unicorn took her leave from the city she had made and headed back to Celestia to tell of the work she had done.

* * * * *

Author's Note:

If you question them building entire cities in such a short period of time, all I have to say is, it's MAGIC!