• Published 8th Apr 2013
  • 366 Views, 1 Comments

The Dark Ages: The True Tale of Equestrian History - Dragonas77



Twilight has been sent a new shipment of books from Celestia. Included is a strange new book that will completelly change her view of history as she knows it.

  • ...
 1
 366

Prologue

Twilight Sparkle awoke sharply to a knock at the door.

"Spike, would you get it?" Twilight said, already trying to fall back to sleep. No answer came.

"Spike..... Spike?" Twilight got up, going over to Spike's bed.

Twilight,

I'm sorry to have rushed off, but Pinkie Pie had some baking she needed done, and wanted my help. Her oven isn't working in case your wondering.

I'll be back within a few hours,

-Spike

"Well, that's odd." Twilight muttered to herself.

The knock came again, louder this time.

"Oh yea!" Twilight shouted, beaming with delight. She was expecting this, Celestia was sending her a new shipment of books from Canterlot, and she couldn't wait to dig into them!

Twilight rushed over to the door, and saw a gray pegasus pony with a large crate beside her. Twilight wondered how this one pony could have possibly lifted all those books herself, but was too eager to read her new books to think about that impossibility any more.

The mailmare brought the box into the house, and dropped it on the ground with a THUD in the center of the library.

"Um... thanks?" Twilight said. She was thankful for the books, but she was a little mad about the damage to the floor. She could fix it fairly easily, but it still perturbed her.

The cross-eyed mare nodded, and flew out the door, on to her next delivery.

"Well, that was wierd." Twilight said to herself. "So, what did Celestia send me this time? Mathematics? Alchemy? New spells? Oh I hope its a few new spells!" She gleefully clapped her hooves together. A moment later, she used her magic to open the crate up, and began searching through the books to find the note Celesia always included.

"Aha!"

To My Faithful Student Twilight Sparkle,

I hope your studies of the Magic of Friendship go well? As usual, here is another shipment to help you along the way. I would make one recommendation, start with the largest black book in the box, there are some things you need to know from it.....

-Princess Celestia

"Interesting, I'm suprised she asked me to read a certain one first." she muttered to herself. "She's done wierder things though, like that one time when she..... Ah!" Twilight said as he pulled out the book in question.

The large black book was hard cover, and heavy. It had golden glyphs on the front of the book, saying in the Old Pony Speak "Genesis"

Twilight levitated it over to her desk, and began her work, just as Celestia had asked.

Author's Note:

The first chapter of my first ever pony fanfiction. Not sure how good it will be, but I hope you enjoy the ride. And yes, it was originally written for the first National Pony Writing Month back in 2011, so most of this was written before Season 2 began.