• Published 3rd Apr 2013
  • 1,019 Views, 26 Comments

The Slender: Bound to the Past - Lance Skyes



An adventure through Slender Forest, but with something different in mind...

  • ...
9
 26
 1,019

Part 4: Encounter

Following the achievement of obtaining the first of the eight pages, Applebloom, Sweetie Belle, and Scootaloo were continuing their trek through the Slender Forest. They were walking in general silence for awhile, then Scootaloo broke the silence. “Hey, girls. Does anypony else get the feeling that maybe we should have listened to that strange voice from earlier?”

“I’ve already told you, Scootaloo,” replied Applebloom, “I’m going to get those eight pages and beat Slender for Big Macintosh. I’m tired of reminding you two.”

“Still, don’t you think that voice was seriously trying to warn us about something?”

“Well of course it was. It’s not like Slender is going to just give us his pages on a silver platter. Besides, of course he wants to get rid of me in particular. He narrowly missed my brother, so he’s gonna take his revenge on me.”

“Hey,” said Sweetie Belle. “Can you two stop bickering and get focused on the mission?”

“Fine,” said Scootaloo. The three fillies continued walking when they saw yet another page attached to a stagecoach. “Huh. Why would a stagecoach be all the way out here?”

“Doesn’t matter,” said Applebloom. She then broke off from the group and trotted over to get the page. Just as Applebloom had grabbed the page and put it in her saddlebag, the three suddenly began hearing a strange static-like noise. Applebloom instantly recognized the sound from her dream and galloped at top speed back to the other two. “Girls! We need to get out of here now!”

“What?” shouted Scootaloo.

“It’s Slender! He’s near!”

“I can’t hear you! There’s this weird noise!”

Applebloom saw that the static was too loud for either of them to hear her, so she grabbed the two other fillies and lead them into a full-speed gallop away from where they found the page. After a while, the static died down and the three could hear each other again. “Everypony all right?” asked Applebloom.

“What was that?” asked Sweetie Belle, breathing heavily.

“I think it was Slender. Remember when Big Macintosh began telling us about a strange noise? Well, the night before we left, I had a dream about this Slender creature. When it was near me, I heard that same static noise.”

“Well at least we’ll be able to know when Slender is near,” Scootaloo replied. She then looked over to find another page attached to another tree. “Hang on. I’m gonna go get that page.” Scootaloo then began trotting over to the tree the page was on and grabbed it. “I have the third page!” she shouted. She was trotting back to the others when the three suddenly heard the static again.

“Scootaloo!” Sweetie Belle shouted. “Hurry back!”

“I’m coming!” Scootaloo replied, now in full gallop. However, before she could reach the others, something grabbed her hind hooves and began pulling her back. “AHHH! HELP!”

“SCOOTALOO!” Applebloom and Sweetie Belle shouted in unison. The two then galloped over to Scootaloo and each grabbed one of her hooves to try to pull her away. They were pulling as hard as they could, but Scootaloo was starting to slip from their hooves.

“Applebloom!” Scootaloo shouted. “Get the page from my saddlebag! Make sure you find all eight! Keep your promise to Big Macintosh!”

“But I can’t just leave you,” replied Applebloom.

“You have to! I’m done for! Take it before it’s too late!” Applebloom reluctantly grabbed the page in Scootaloo’s saddlebag with her mouth. “I’m sorry about this.” Scootaloo then leaned up and kissed Applebloom.

“WHAT THE HAY IS WRONG WITH YOU?” Applebloom shouted.

“I’m about to die. I’ve gotta do something to piss you off. Anyway...” Scootaloo then slipped out of Applebloom and Sweetie Belle’s hooves and was dragged off into the darkness, screaming.

“SCOOTALOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” shouted Sweetie Belle, even though the only pony around to hear her plea for her lost friend was Applebloom.

(3/8)