• Published 1st May 2013
  • 897 Views, 24 Comments

Shadows of Cards: Equestria - DarklightArk



Yugioh? Ponies? Maybe it works better then you'd think

  • ...
3
 24
 897

Misaki Vs Neko, the first duel

Misaki vs. Neko

Misaki activated her silver and red dual harness, and when her deck box had attached itself they both drew five cards.

Neko's glare frightened Misaki, but she felt that Neko was born to dual, but she couldnt explain why she felt this way.
I'll win for you Miss Neko, so you can have fun dualing again.

"I'll go first." Neko draws
Neko has a confadent aura around her, Misaki shivers.

"It Is Because She Knows She Will Win."

"Will you help me Daniel?"

"Of Course, Just Fallow My Lead."

Neko was oblivious to the silent conversation and was still mad at her family.

Whats with this forcing me to dual anyway? I don't want this kid so traumatized she'll never pick up her deck again!
Looking at what she had in her hoof a plan began to form.

I'll just see what she's got, and take it slow for now.

"I summon Dyssidia, the Ice in attack mode!"

A icy pillar rose up from the floor, and shattered, inside was a humanoid made of Ice. Then a second pillar rose up and shattered, a woman in leather, with lightning flashing from her hand stood up from where it had stood.

"And due to her effect I can special summon Cysseria, the Lightning from my deck. End Turn."

End LP: 8000

Those should keep her busy.

It was now Misaki's turn.

"I draw!"

Misaki looks at the cards in her hoof, and begins to panic.
I don't know what any of these cards are! I don't want to loose in front of daddy, and if I do Neko wont play again! What do I do, What do I-

"Enough!" Daniel's voice echoes through her skull.

"Do Not Worry Little One, Play The One You Just Drew."

Misaki was no longer panicking, Daniel knew what to do, this was even his deck!

"I-i play Flaming Winds, sending five Blazwing monsters from my deck to the graveyard."

A worm breeze blew through the cardshop, and as Daniel picked out the five to send, Misaki heard her father and Flash talk in low surprised whispers.

"I didn't know you made her a deck Silver."

"I didn't, have you seen those cards before?"

"Nope, sorry sunny. Lets watch and see what these do."

Meanwhile Neko wasn't too surprised.

There are hundreds of cards Ive never heard of in this world, I just have to be a little more careful. Neko thought with a shrug.

"Ok, next I activate the effects of the three Blazwing servants in my graveyard, sending three more monsters. next, I activate the field spell, Blazing Canyon. It boosts my monsters attack and defense by 300. Now Its effect, I can Discard 1 card to send another blazwing to the graveyard and draw."

A burst of flame erupted from the dual harness when Misaki placed the card in, spreading out to cover the whole room. When it faded she and Neko were on opposite sides of a deep flaming canyon, a phoenix flew by.

"You Are Doing Well, Now The Three Drykes."

Misaki nodded.

"I now activate the effects of the three Blazwing Drykes in my graveyard, sending three more monsters from my deck to the graveyard."

She's going to deck herself out if she keeps playing like this! Neko thought worriedly. The only decks she knew that did that were powerful indeed.

"Now The Two Phoenix Spells."

"Okay... I guess I'll play Phoenix' Flame and Phoenix's Soul. With soul I gain 500 life points, but with Fire I loose 1000."

The life counter that was floating next too Misaki increased to 8500, then decreased to the new 7500.

"Now with that done I play Rekindling, summoning two Blazwing Drakes, two Blazwing servants and one Blazwing Dryke from my graveyard."

Flames erupt from the ground, and when they faded five new beings replaced them. One of them was a drake, but without wings. Instead flames sprouted and curled around its body. Another two of them were just like the first, red and black drakes but these ones had large wing all leathery and powerful. The last two creatures were humanoid, but wrapped in flames instead of clothes and the skin was scaly.

"Now It Is Time To Synchro Summon Misaki!"

"I-i tune my Blazwing Servant with my Blazwing Drake to synchro summon T.G. Hyper Librarian!"

As Misaki was playing she noticed that there where two Librarians in her extra deck. Huh, I guess I can synchro both... wait! I remember seeing Formula, okay I know what to do!

One of the Servants turned into a ring of red light, as one of the Drakes became four balls of white light. when they came together a beam of crimson light appeared striking through the middle. When the light faded Hyper Librarian opened his book and smiled.

Once more.

Misaki did the same thing again, getting another Hyper Librarian and drawing a card due to the firsts effect.

Daniels voice echoed into her ear "Now The Sacred Relic."

"I pay 500 life points to special summon Cursed Flame from my graveyard!"

A black flame seemed to leak from the graveyard as Misaki pulled the card out and put it on the field.
When the monster appeared it wasn't in front of her like everypony thought it would, but instead Misaki felt a burning on her foreleg, when she looked down she found herself wearing a golden ring, black symbols carved into it.

"Ow" Misaki squeaked, low enough most ponies didn't notice. Her life point counter decreased once again. LP: 7000

Wait, Neko thought concern starting to run through her. Did she actually get hurt by that? Alright something's wrong here time to end it!

"I tune my Cursed Flame with my Blazwing Dryke to synchro summon Formula Synchron." Misaki said in a low voice to keep from having her voice shake.

That hurt...

The ring around her foreleg increased in size, flying out to squeeze the wingless drake, both disappearing in a burst of shadow. A voom could be heard from inside and suddenly Formula Synchron burst out of the clinging shadows.

After that Misaki draws three more cards, now with a total of four cards in her hoof, she starts her next move only to be interrupted by Neko.

"I activate Chivalry, and due to it's effect I can special summon Kasha, the Tornado from my deck!"

A whirlwind ripped through the shop only to die out in-front of Neko, inside a little Humanoid girl stood with a smirk and her arms crossed, and her feet where covered by the remnants of the tornado.

"And now due to its effect I can Synchro summon during your main phase! Now I tune my Dyssidia, the Ice, Cyseria, the Lightning and Kasha, the Tornado to Synchro summon! Under the full moon, lift your blade that fell from the heavens and bloom! Swordmaster Iris, Slay them!"

Kasha became a pair of green rings, and both of Neko's other monsters became four balls of white light each, when they came together a beam of light slammed down and when it faded a warrior in red and black armor stood there, a white, silver, and gold blade sticking out of the ground, rose petals falling.

"Beautiful..." Misaki said, completely taken in by the creature.

"Now for her effect!"

"Wake Up Misaki! This Rose Has Thorns!"

The warrior lifted her blade straight into the air, And with a flash everything on Misaki's field and Iris was gone.

"By her effect, by tributing her all your cards are destroyed!"

"No, but my plan... I guess I normal summon Blazwing Artificer and since I normal summoned I can Special summon Blazwing Wyrm from my hand."

A small mechanical dragon came from a small fire, and a large wingless and legless dragon slithered out of another.

"Um, I tune both to summon Stardust Radiance Dragon!"

As the synchro summon commenced, Misaki felt the stares of the other ponies, shrinking back a little. However a look of wonder appeared on her face when the dragon she just summoned floated down in front of her.

Neko was over her shock, but still very shaken at the monster in front of her.Impossible! Only Yusei had that monster, how, when. Okay just stop there Neko She scolded herself. There is no way she will win. Legendary cards or no.

"I attack you directly miss Neko."

As the great dragon rose up to strike Neko plays her trap.

"Sorry little filly, but thats not good enough. I play Sword selection. Ever heard of Ordeal of the Traveler? Same thing, so shoot."

Misaki hadn't heard of of that card but she didn't want to embarrass her father so she kept her muzzle shut.

"Choose A Card From Her Hand, Then Say Either Monster, Spell, Or Trap. I Cannot Help You."

"But Dan... Okay here it goes I guess.

"Your left card, spell."

"Sorry, it's a monster. Your monster is returned to your hand!"

The shining dragon roars, as it faded out of view.

"Oh no."

"Sorry filly, but I'm not going to let you win this dual."

"I'm not going to give up, I cant." Misaki's face had a look of determination. "I set two cards and play Falling Embers, letting me discard a card, gain 700 hundred life points and draw. Then I end my turn."

As Misaki's life point counter increased a flurry of rose petals came and went on Neko's side of the field revealing Swordmaster Iris.

"During the end phase when Iris tributes herself, I can bring her back!"

End LP: 7400

"Well then, my draw."

Misaki knew she was in a bind I hope mirror force works, If it doesn't I might not survive.

"Alright, I summon Korina the spear, letting me special summon a warrior or spellcaster from my deck, I choose Arizal, the Demon. Fallowing that I tune them to synchro summon Swordmaster Akira."

The small chibi had thrown her lance into the air, and when it came down a small humanoid with a demon for a shadow was holding it. The small girl became three green rings as the chibi became three balls of light. When they combined the monster replacing them looked like some roman warrior goddess, red and gold armor glinting in the dem light of the shop.

"Now for my equip spell, Armor removal, decreasing her defense points by 200 to increase her attack by 400. Bringing her up to 3000 attack, now both of you strike her down!"

Both warriors rushed Misaki with blades glinting evilly in the light.

"I play mirror force!"

But as the shining shield rose between them and her they simply broke through it.

"Sorry but warriors can't be destroyed by card effects with Akira on the field."

"Your Other Trap."

"Oh yeah." As Akira lifted her sword to strike down on Misaki's head, she triggered her second trap.

"I play Phoenix's Revival, letting me special summon Blazwing Techno Claw from my graveyard and draw a card. Right now Techno Claw has 2600 attack points."

"Doesn't matter does it?" The two warriors struck at her monster cleaving it in half, then at Misaki herself.

"It Matters Not, Next Turn Victory Is Ours." Daniel's voice calmed her as Misaki's life dropped to 4100

"All right then filly-"

"Her name is Misaki! You know, like the flower you love so much!" Ace called out from behind her.

"All right then Misaki, but I'm afraid there isn't anything you can do. So just give up already."

"I'm not giving up on you."

"Suit yourself, I set one card and end." Neko was perplexed by Misaki's reply, give up on her? She didn't need saving!

End LP:8000

"Okay, I draw."

Twin flames appeared from her graveyard, one blue and another white. Misaki's life increased to 4600 and Formula synchron went to her extra deck.

"What was that?" Neko called over to Misaki.

"I-I'm not sure... but I don't care right now I play monster reborn on T.G. Hyper Librarian, then banish Techno claw to summon the other one!"

The two Librarians appear however, one of them had a cybernetic claw on it's shoulder.

"Now I normal summon Blazwing Dryke and." Misaki paused, gathering her courage. "And activate Cursed Fire from my graveyard!"

After the ring appears on her arm Misaki cringes. "Why does it burn so badly Daniel? It hurts.

"Don't Cry Child, We Will Win"

Misaki wipes the tears from her eyes.

"Okay Daniel."

"I tune them for Formula Synchron again." The monster appears from the shadow the same as last time, letting Misaki draw three cards.

"Um, appear from the heavens and give use never ending light, appear the light and the sums of all hope, Shooting Quasar Dragon!"

I said that right, didn't I?

A burst of light and clouds formed above their heads. Beams of light pierce them and lowering itself came the biggest and most powerful dragon Misaki had ever seen.

In fact it was so big the hologram faded a bit and showed only the upper parts and head of the dragon.

Suddenly a black cybernetic claw clasped itself to the chest from Misaki's graveyard, it was so unexpected Misaki cried out and stumbled backwards.

"Do Not Worry, It Is Techno Claws Effect, It Negates It's Effect But Allows For A Second Attack, It's Powers Will Return During Your Next Turn."

"Okay then." Neko said slowly.

"I attack both your monsters miss Neko."

The great dragon opened its mouth and two balls of light, one yellow and another blue shot out colliding with Neko, destroying her monsters and bringing Neko's life down to 5900.

"I end my turn."

End LP: 4900

"See? I can win, and when I do you'll like to dual again and I'll have saved you."

"That's why your dueling?!" Neko shouted. "No kid, I'm sorry but I'm going to win and I'll never dual again!"

"My Draw!"

But what if she's right? can I enjoy dueling again? Neko thought.

"I play call of the haunted, to bring back Iris. Then I play Shandra, the Sea."

Iris appeared from a grave in the ground but a small girl in a yellow sun dress helps her to her feet.The girl in the sundress had eyes that looked like the ocean, and when she threw off her hat Arizal fell out of it. Cetching her hat and putting it on, Shandra giggled.

"Due to her effect I can special summon a spellcaster from my graveyard, making their levels 1."

Misaki started to worry, her opponent had her key monster back.

"Do Not Fret Little Pony, This Is Nothing."

"Then you don't know whats about to happen."

"What Do You Mean?"

"I'm in trouble..."

"I now Double Tune Swordmaster Iris with Shadra, the Sea and Arizel the Demon! Bring forth your father's fury, daughter of the lord of hell! Slay her, Swordmaster Zellaria!"

The three monsters fall through a hole in the ground with red light spilling out. A great black throne rose out of it, and sitting on the throne was another warrior. This one had white hair and black marks, curved horns rose from the sides of her head, but the most noticeable thing was the great black sword next to her, casually the demoness lifted it and it starts to glow a red light.

"I now banish all warriors in my graveyard and she gains 200 hundred attack for each, for a combined total of 5300 attack!"

Neko smiled, no one had ever beat Zellaria. It was over.

"I play Dual Blade, sending sword selection to the graveyard as the price for equipping it to a monster with 3000 or more attack points, It's almost over."

The demoness lifts the second sword, an exact copy of her first and casually descends the throne. Zellaria lifts both blades and swings. The twin blades slice through Shooting Quasar Dragon, Destroying it. Then She throws the second blade through Misaki slicing her life points down to 1250.

"Direct damage is halved, but I gain the missing half. I end."

"IT IS TIME!" Daniel's voice rings through the card shop. The ponies whirl around trying to find the being who said it.

"They heard you Daniel!"

"I Know, But Now Is The Time I Will Serve You. Now Summon Me!"

The silver card slides out of the extra deck box, Misaki gives it a quick read.

Oh, so that's what you do.

"I pay 1000 life points and place Daniel, the Shadow Dragoon of Stars in my spell and trap card zone as a continuous spell card."

A rumbling and red light fill the room as it begins to shake. The floor splits open and out rises a black statue, the dragoon chained and kneeling. A crystalline structure seals him off from the dual.
Misaki LP:250

End LP: 8550

"Now I draw." The white flame gives Misaki 500 more life points.

" I normal summon Blazwing Artificer, and due to its effect I look at the top five cards of my deck, sending any monsters to the graveyard. then after shuffling them into my deck, I get to draw a card."

Red light starts to spill from the sealed creature, turning the room a bloody color. A echoing roar shakes the room.

"I now Tribute a monster to make Daniel into a monster."

Heres to hope he doesnt kill anyone!

Daniel's roar bursts forth as a red crystal stabs Misaki's Blazwing Artificer blowing it to smithereens.

"Wha-what is that?!" Neko cried as the explosion knocked her off her feet.

Misaki opened her eyes turning to the chained monster, just in time to notice the chains fall away.

"Rawr!"

Daniel stood next to Misaki, towering at close to seven feet tall. Daniel reached out to where he had been chained just moments before and pulled a large black and red sword taller then himself.

"Um, I activate Daniel's effect; I pay 500 life points and make all monsters you control and summon this turn half of there original attack."

Daniel roars again, and Zellaria becomes incased in crystal, a look of surprise on her face as her attack is halved to 2250.

"Daniel, attack!"

In a black blur Daniel rushes up to Zellaria and slices her and the crystal in half.

"Zellaria!" Neko says shocked. I-it doesnt matter! "When Zellaria is destroyed I can special summon Iris!"

The beautiful warrior floats down on a tornado of rose petals.

Daniel roars again in defiance. "It doesn't matter, he can attack an extra time each time he destroys a monster."

Neko looked in horror at the 4000 attack monster glaring at Iris as Iris too is incased in crystal dropping her attack to 1450.

In another blur Iris is cut into pieces, the crystal shattering.

"You Are Finished!"

He rushes at Neko who just stood there and takes the full force of his strike.

"Um, I end my turn, turning Daniel back into a spell. But when that happens... I'm sorry miss Neko, but you take another 1000 points of damage."

Neko looks up when she sees a shadow around her. There was a large red crystal spike hanging above her head.

"I guess thats it then..." Neko says as the spike falls.

Neko's LP:0
Misaki wins