• Published 1st May 2013
  • 897 Views, 24 Comments

Shadows of Cards: Equestria - DarklightArk



Yugioh? Ponies? Maybe it works better then you'd think

  • ...
3
 24
 897

Dragoon's Birth

A freezing chill spread across the warm night. "What is going on? It was supposed to be summer!" complained Daniel as he walked home from the school social.

He spotted a lamp up ahead so he stopped to check his deck. "So what if I'm made fun of? I'm not good at class or sports, I'm good at dueling!”

He looked at his key card, Cosmic Poenix. "At least you don't make fun of me."

The night dropped close to something like 30 degrees. Daniel crossed his arms shivering and looked around.

"Do You Want To Live This Way?" Said a voice that echoed from the darkness surrounding him.

Danuel jumped and looked around. "Who-who's there?" Daniel said, his mind wheeling.

"Do You Wish To Live Like An Outcast, Shunned By Friend And Foe?” Said the Voice. “If Not I Will Make You An Offer, A World Will Soon Be Destroyed, You Can Save It But You Will Lose Your Body."

"Your Soul Will Fuse With A Card Which Will Be Given To One Of The Beings Living Withen That World. That Being Will Be Only One Of Six, The Others Will Also Have Beings From Other Worlds To Help With Their Quest."

"So no one will make fun of me? Do I have to come back?" He asked.

"No, But You Can Return To Human Form After, And Only After You Complete You Mission. Do You Except?" The Voice answered.

Daniel saw the stars, and thought of his only friend, "Shiva..."

He remembered the last time he saw her, that fateful morning. And the last words she said that left him breathless.

"If you want to go out with me you just have to ask you silly boy."

Daniel looks at the darkest part of the night, a tear freezing on his cheek. "Do it."

Shadows engulf the night and Daniel's mind goes blank.

In Equestria

"Hah aha what'cha gonna do ya baby?"

A bunch of colts stand over a little filly. "St-st-sto" the little pony sobbed.

"You hear that? She cant even talk!" A load of laughter escapes the colts.

The filly tries to stand."Were do ya think ya'r going? get back down there" The colts shove her back into the mud' now covering the new, white dress.

" We gotta teach you a lesson as your superiors" The closest colt, a earth pony with a skull cutie mark, grins as he leans closer. "I don't care if your daddy is richer then the city, this is our playground and you should never be here, ya pompous witch."

The filly who is by now pale with fear, starts to shake. "Pl-please don't hurt me..."

The colt starts to look bored as she tries to stand up. She scrambles to her feet, her dress torn from when she tried to run away.

The colt get's a mad glint in his eye. "Dude, she doesn't seem to understand yet!"

"Oh yeah?" He spins around. "GET BACK DOWN BITCH!" His hoof slamming into the side of her head.

The filly falls down dazed. "Good one Zeo! Yeah taught her something!" Zeo turns back to the praise not looking at the falling filly.

"Um dude?" said the most skittish looking colt, a pegasus with an arrow for a cutie mark. "I think she's bleeding."

Zeo turns around and sees blood staring to pool around the filly’s head. "Who cares? You wanna be next?"
"N-no, its just there was a nasty looking rock there and..."

"Shuddup! She is a high brat, who cares if she dies?!"

Zeo looked around. His gaze fell on the fallen filly. "And I'm gonna make sure she knows her place is hell."

He walks over and kicks her in the ribs. "Get up Ya-" At that moment the ground beneath the colt opened up. " Shit!"

He catches the side of the opening before falling in. "Guy's! Help me!"

The colts come near but then long vines with hundreds of thorns rose out of the hole, wrapped themselves around the colts and caressed their bodies, thorns digging deep into their flesh. The vines rise high into the air, then throws the children to the ground far away from the filly.

"RAWER!" a gauntlet claw rose from the black hole in the ground, then came the head of a dragon in armor.

As the thing pulled itself completely out of the hole it looked at the bloody form of the young filly.

It knelt beside her, and moved it's head closer to her's. Its mouth opened wide revealing hundreds of sharked teeth, ready to tear into anything. The creature leaned closer and its tongue forked out tasting her blood. Then the monster started to lap at the cut, sealing it with its saliva.

The filly starts to wake up; as her vision clears she sees a humanoid dragon clutching her close to its body.

"Hello," she says, her words slightly slurred. "My name is Misaki..."

She sits up slowly, holding her head.

"Who are you?" Misaki asked.

The monster faded from sight, a card floated down from where it was. She got up and touched the face down card.

"I Will Always Protect You"

She jumped back. Tentatively she moved towards the card, finally picking it up. The card was unlike anything she ever saw before, silver with green vines as the card color.

"it's not a synchro nor an exceed. So what is it? Daniel, the Shadow Dragoon of Stars…”