• Published 1st May 2013
  • 897 Views, 24 Comments

Shadows of Cards: Equestria - DarklightArk



Yugioh? Ponies? Maybe it works better then you'd think

  • ...
3
 24
 897

Gifts

Misaki ran home as quickly as she could, the new card safely in her saddle bags.
Not that she could move very quickly, her head still hurt and strips of the torn dress were getting tangled up in her hooves.

She finally reached her home, the manor imposing and immodest. As silently as she could Misaki slips in through the front door and makes her way up to her room. It wasn’t that hard to get past the one maid her father had on staff, and the few servants wouldn’t be coming home until a little before she was due home from school.

Once she got to her room she torn the rest of the dress of and tosses it in the trash. She then takes the card out of her saddle bag and placed it face up on her bed.

“Thank you” She whispered to the black creature.

She then noticed that she had blood soaked into her fur, she would be lucky if the teachers don’t report her absent but she couldn’t let anyone see her bloody!

Quickly she goes to her bathroom that was directly connected to her room.

A few minutes pass and steam had filled the bathroom, Misaki finally scrubbing her own blood off her face and muzzle.

The picture of the strange card began to glow a deep crimson red, as the light faded the creature wavered into view; the black armored dragon sitting on her bed.

As she steps out of the bathroom a towel wrapped around her neck Misaki spots the Dragoon and stops with a squeak.

“You Have Nothing To Fear From Me Little One.”

Shaking slightly Misaki goes to a fluffy mat next to her deck, and sits down.

“Who are you? What are you?”

The creature shook its head. “I Am Named Daniel; There Is Nothing To Fear From Me.”

“Why did you save me?” Misaki really wanted to know, nopony had ever been so nice to her before.

“I Am Your Partner, I Will Always Protect you. And As For Why, This World Is In Danger. I Wish To Help You Save It.”

“As a yugioh card?”

“Yes, This Is The Form The Danger Lurks As, However You Don’t Seem Relieved.”

“My deck isn’t really good… It’s a Hieroglyph deck, I don’t understand it at all.”

“Then This Will Be Most Welcome, This Was My Deck From MY World.”

Daniel held out his claw, a sphere of red light appearing for a moment before fading away, a deck replacing it.

Gingerly Misaki takes the deck and starts looking through it.

“None of these should exist, I’ve never heard of the Blazewing archtype.”

“Do Not Worry; These Will Help You As Well.”

Four cards started to float above Daniel’s claw, each drifting over to the little filly.
When they reached her, Misaki stared in shock. Each card was never supposed to exist outside legends, but here they were floating right in front of her.

“Stardust Dragon, Shooting Star Dragon, Shooting Quasar Dragon, Stardust Radiance Dragon. How is this possible?”

“What Do You Mean?”

Misaki sighed, exasperated. “The last pony to use these cards where Yusai, a world renowned dualist and scientist. The only ponies that can say that he really existed are the Princesses.”

“It Matters Not, Young One. You Are Destined To Save This World, But Not Alone. I Will Help You As Will Others.”

“Your saying I’m going to save the world?”

Misaki had replaced the deck in her deck box and the others in her Extra deck sleeve with the new cards, Cards from another world! Misaki thought, just as a voice echoed up the stairs to her room.

"Misaki? You home yet flower?"

“No way!” Misaki wore a shocked expression and she ran out her room and down the stairs, Daniel fading out of reality.

At the bottom of the stairs was a stallion with a dark grey coat and sleek grey mane. Misaki jumped up and wrapped her forhooves around the grey earth pony, his elegant silver knife cutie mark shining in the light.

“Daddy! Why are you here? When did you get back?”

Silver Elegaunt (pronounced el-ee-gaunt) hugs his daughter and chuckles at her rapid fire questions. “If I told you it would ruin the surprise!”
Misaki stepped back, looking at her father for any hint of what he meant.

“What surprise daddy?”

“Why for your birthday of course! I made sure I wouldn’t miss this one, so I scheduled everything perfectly.”

Misaki’s eyes grew wide; her father was never present for her birthdays, he hadn’t been to one since her mother was murder-

No Misaki, don't go there.

She knew it made him sad he couldn’t be there for them but this was great, finally her daddy was here for her birthday!

“You said you had a surprise for me, what did you get me?”

“Well” Silver looked around innocently, “I was thinking of getting you some new cards for your deck, I know how everyone likes dueling and maybe some new cards could give you an edge.”

Misaki would have been thrilled to have new cards for her old deck, but now with alien cards in her deck box she wanted her new deck to be hers alone, a fusion of alien and pony.

“Yes! Oh yes, thank you daddy, thank you!”

One thing she was told by every duelist she ever talked to was your deck was inadvertently yours and yours alone.

Silver was happy to see his daughter so excited. “Then why not right now?” A slight bow and Misaki could see her father’s limo right outside through the open doors.

later, at the card shop

Misaki looked at the front of the shop, it seemed really old, and even a little run down.

Silver and Misaki walked into the shop, Misaki noticed that it was really old. A wooden counter ran the length of the room on one side, an open door at the back of the room filtered light into the small shop, and through it Misaki could see some stares.

"Welcome, Silver its great to see you again, and you must be Misaki!"

Misaki turned and saw a brown elderly pegasus behind it.

"Excuse me, but how do you know me and daddy?"

A hurt expression flashed across the elderly pony's face.

"Silver, did you not tell your daughter about a poor old friend?"

Laughing Silver turned to the shopkeeper. "Just a friend Flash Stock? You taught me everything I know about dueling!"

Misaki looked at Flash Stock with renewed interest, it was well known that her father was a great duelist. "But how did you meet daddy? He's all rich and busy and stuff."

Flash Stock smiled, "Your daddy wasn't always rich young filly. In fact he was even poorer then me at your age. But he was smart and by the time I finished teaching him he was rich enough to buy this entire store!"

Misaki never realized that her family was ever poor.

"Well Misaki?" Silver nudged her from behind.

"Aw heck, Misaki why don't you pick out a couple cards, I have plenty to sell!"

Flash Stock's over baring voice was scary, but he seemed kind enough.

"I Can Help You, Just Let Me Out. No One But You Can See Or Hear Me Unless Your Dueling Or I Realize"

Misaki jumped as Daniels voice echoed around the room. "O-Okay Mister Flash Stock."

"That's the spirit!"

Misaki walked around the room, picking up a card her and there as Daniel pointed them out when she got to them. Finally she was finished and Misaki walked up to the Stallions who were catching up with old times.

"Can I get these please?"

Flash Stock looked over her choices, surprised at what she had chosen.

"Well well well, I think there is hope after all, but I cant let just anyone buy cards here, they have to pass a little test first."

Misaki stepped back. A test? Why? Can I pass? She didn't want her father to see her fail!

"Eye, a simple one. We have to make sure you deserve to have new cards! Your daddy already knew that when he brought you so he must think you could pass."

Both Silver and Flash looked at her expectantly.

"OK, I'll do it." Misaki said slowly.

"That's great! Neko, get in here, the lass needs the test!"

At that a beautiful pegasus came through the door in the back. Misaki had seen many ponies, even the Princesses before, but this pony had a deep blue coat and a mane the color of storm clouds. On her flank was a cutie mark of a curled up kitten. But it was how she looked that made her beautiful, it was how she held herself. self assured and unafraid.

"Uncle, I told you. I don't duel."

Flash point smiled. "Don't be that way Neko, I know you love to duel."

"Yes, but dueling isn't fun anymore, I've told you that."

A light melodic voice answered from behind Neko. "Come on sis, If you duel I might write you another song."

A white pegasus with a grey mane stood leaning in the doorway behind her, his guitar slung over his back.

"You've already written me hundreds of songs Ace, I don't need another."

"Oh come on sis! How else is this little filly gonna get her new cards?"

Neko glared at her brother, then each other pony in the room. Her gaze rested on Misaki. "Fine, if you think you have what it takes little filly."

Neko's duel harness activated, the two halves swinging from her back and connecting in front of her, her deck box recognizing the activated harness unclipped itself and attached to the deck slot using the stored magic in the crystals lining the inside.

"I'll make sure you fail this test and I'm not going to give you a second chance, and you!" Neko glared at her brother and uncle. "When I win I'm never dueling again!"