• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 677 Views, 8 Comments

Sweet Poison - RamenNinja101



The mane 6 will discover that love is like a double edged sword, Glorious but Deadly.

  • ...
9
 8
 677

Chapter 5

The next few days felt like an eternity for Ponyville, everypony trying to find out the juiciest details on the drama involving the library. Of course every time it was mentioned others would find a new rumor to create.

Princess Luna was trying her very best to ignore these accusations and attempt to make do of her new punishment, but sometimes the words spun her for a loop.

“Look there she is.. I heard she tried to recreate Nightmare Moon”

“Oh yeah? Well I heard she tried to experiment on Princess Celestia.”

An earth pony with three bows as her cutie mark and a unicorn with a lyre were gossiping as the princess of the night walked through town. Luna heard these ponies, she knew that there was more of their kind around town. What was she to do? It really was on her list of big screw-ups to regret. Still, she made this mess and was determined to make it right again.

‘If only it was that easy’ the dark mare continued on her walk with her head in shame, she was supposed to be 'looking for a job' but it seems that nopony wished to hire the ‘leftovers of Nightmare’ as they have rudely called her. if that menace was still inside of her then those crude ponies would have been dead, another sign that her anger was getting better to lighten her own grief.

Sighing and giving up, Luna decided to head home. The rental wasn't far from the library, it was a cozy small living cube. The house was a one floor building consisting of a bedroom, bathroom and a tiny closet. It was simple and efficient enough for one person to spend their time sleeping, or in Luna’s case crying.

The stripped princess unlocked her door and went to hide, hide from the ponies that gawked at her, hide from the cruel words, and most importantly hide from her shame. Once inside, Luna flopped down on her couch and began to weep. “Thy can never do anything right, I should just be locked away where I can no longer harm anypony.. Especially her..”

Thinking about the awful things Nightmare had said to her crush made the tears stream down only faster, she was a monster. “I don’t deserve a mare like her!”

At those words she heard a knock at her door, leaping up and quick drying her tears, Luna sped to the door. It was her.. the pony she desperately wanted to pull into a kiss and apologize to.

“Hello Luna, I wanted to check up on you and see how the job search was going. How are things?” Greeting with a genuine smile, Twilight’s welcome was more than just warming. It made the princess feel fuzzy, it showed signs that the mare still cared for her.

Twilight eyes took a onceover on Luna’s face, she saw the hint of sadness lingering in her eyes trying to scream out. The puffy freshly washed face indicating tear duct overload and the body language dragging and giving up, she knew this pony needed some cheering up.

“Thank you Twilight Sparkle, it means a lot that you still care enough to check up on me. Things aren't perfect but in time I will make somepony hire me.Thou just doesn’t know what I am good at anymore.”

Luna turned and started to walk away before Twilight grabbed her by the hoof. “Wait princess.. you’re extremely talented at a lot of things, and even without magic I’m sure you’ll do a wonderful job helping others.Trust me, I read all about self confidence in the work field. You just need to try a bunch of things till one suites you. Plus, you must get out of that lonely house and have some fun.”

Before the moon pony could reject Twilight had dragged her outside for out and about activities. Meeting up with the rest of the elements was sure to bring on an adventure for them to take.

Sitting in the middle of the field was Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack. All meeting up to have their annual day off picnic in the warm sunny afternoon.

“Oh please, Spitfire could totally take on a wild manticore and not get a single scratch!”

“Excuse me sugercube but last time ah checked she’s not immortal!” Rainbow and AJ were having one of their famous arguments when Twilight and Luna showed up,

“What’s this about a manticore and Spitfire?” Twilight’s curiosity got the better of her as the two stared at each other for a bit.

Dash flapped her wings in a jiffy to prove her point as she spoke using her body language. “Well AJ doesn’t think it’s possible for us to have even survived the manticore attack when we first met, but I stated that if Spitfire was here she could kick that animals butt so fast his head spins!”

AJ stood up and pulled her down before sticking her tongue out slightly “No can do, ain’t possible.”

Twilight smirked and shook her head at this, “Why Spitfire? How come it couldn’t have been Star Swirl the Bearded?” At this Luna let out a small “yess”

Rainbow cocked her head as to say ‘seriously?’ and continued to explain how awesome her role model was.

Rarity was next to Fluttershy brushing her friend’s beautiful long mane and chitchatting about how cute Opals kittens would be when Luna decided to try and make conversations with more feminine ponies instead.

“How are you graceful mares doing today, is this brushing of the hair traditional as well?” the princess had lifted a hoof to feel the long light pink mane when it swished back suddenly.

“Eeeeek!” Fluttershy had heard the dark mare’s strong voice and jumped up in an instant, shaking and cowering behind Rarity.

Luna looked at the trembling pony and sighed, she was going to have to win back their trust as well. “Thou apologizes for being rude dearest Fluttershy, I really meant no harm.” Lowering her head and whiffing her ears back Luna started to walk away.

Seeing this, Rarity finally snapped out of her ‘what in Celestia just happened’ state, and ran to the sad pony’s side at once. “Forgive her your high- *ahem* I mean Luna, it’s just well.. you terrified us a few days ago and it’s not an easy thing for her to get over. Nor a lot of us to be completely honest, we as a whole are trying our best for you and Twilight darling.”

Twilight, Rainbow and AJ heard the conversation and quickly walked up to the dilemma. The dark mare couldn’t find the words to reply as a single tear trickled down her cheek as she watched the white unicorns nervousness come out as she tried to defend her friend.

Fluttershy had slowly tiptoed over and peeked her head over Rarity when guilt washed over her, “Um princess.. I’m sorry.. please don’t be sad … please.”

Hearing this just made Luna’s heart ache more, the shy scared pony that jumped at her touch was now apologizing to her. “Kindness is strong in you miss Fluttershy, you lack courage though.”

“Luna!” Twilight wasn’t sure why the pony she cared for would try to pull out flaws about the pony that already puts herself down.

“No Twilight.. she’s right, I’m a coward.” Fluttershy put her head down in shame and put her head into Rarity’s chest. Hoping for the comfort of her friends to make the pain she fights everyday go away.

Rainbows defensive side kicked in seeing her best friend get put down and flew up to Luna’s face, “Hey, nopony and I repeat NOPONY talks to Flutters like that. Got it?”

The dark mare stood firm as the rainbow pony tried to make herself seem big and tough, she wasn’t sure what she was doing anymore, she wasnt nightmare moon.. so why was she acting like a jerk. “I’m very sorry for thy actions, I do not know what came over me. Forgive me miss shy,"

"Much like Nightmare Moon just came over you huh!?" with Rainbow's harsh words came a harsh punishment. Twilight slapped the back of Dash's head with her hoof before trying to comfort both her friends.

"Rainbow Dash you need manners!" Twilight walked closer to the dark mare before a hoof was raised to stop her.

"It is quite alright Twilight, I pushed a button that should not have been pushed. I must depart now." With those last few words said, Luna flapped her wings fast and flew off towards her home leaving very confused mares behind.

“Ah don’t think that went over so well Twilight.” Applejack's words felt like a script from a movie, one that rung in the purple unicorns mind for the rest of the day.


Back at the farm Pinkie Pie was being her normal cookie self, spying on Big Macintosh through the trees as the farmer worked on his chores. The sun shined brightly in the day, relinquishing any traces of darkness as it moved to the center of the sky.

Taking a break from his chores, the big draft horse laid down as exhaustion started to work its course. Getting out of the hospital surely didn’t mean that he was one hundred percent at the top of his game. Using the tree as shade and roots for his pillow, the stallion quickly lost consciousness. Sleeping without a care in the world as the pink menace saw her opportunity to sneak in.

“So this is what you look like with your defense down huh? Muhahaha.. the pranks I could totally pull off!” Pinkie started to giggle lightly as she talked out loud, with all the fun she could have she was hardly wasting time. Reaching around and pulling a can of spray icing from her big poofy mane, Pinkie began to spray letters into the red horse’s fur. Quickly spelling out the word ‘Y-E-E-U-P’ in big blue letters on his side, the menace knew she was going to have to pat herself on the back for this one.

“Pinkamena one, Big Macci zero. Tehe” The pink mare took a second to stare at her accomplishment for a second before hopping back into the tree he was sleeping in. “Now we play the waiting game.”

Unaware of how unbalanced she was, Pinkie’s hoof accidently slipped and hit a branch. Not noticing the stray apple that fell onto the big horse below her, she slowly regained position and went to look down when she noticed something off. Where was Macintosh? “No! oh fudgecake! Have the aliens come for me!?”

The pink mare started to stress out when something started to drag her down by her tail. “You alien bullies! You’ll never get your freaky hooves on my brain!” struggling and yanking at her tail to get free, Pinkie soon found herself slipping and decided to go out with a bang. She grabbed more spray icing out of her poofy mane and let herself be taken and ready for a follow up attack.

One last yank was all it took for Big Mac to discover who interrupted his sleep, seeing something fall closer to him with speed he tried to step away. It was futile. Pinkie Pie had set her icing cans to laser spray and began to spray the draft horse down with blue and green icing. With icing attacking every inch of his body the pink earth pony finally landed on the grass. She hit the ground quite hard yet somehow hopped back on her feet in record time to try and land a kick to her ‘alien.’

“Beware my wrath you space demon!” feeling her back hoof landing a spot on her enemy she jumps and attempts to ride the thing into submission.

After dealing with a kick to the face by Pinkie, Big Mac was not amused anymore. Feeling the pink mare on top of his back was making him quite irritated. “Pinkie, get off”

Hearing the voice from her alien Pinkie knew she had him good and mad, “nice try evil pony, your copycat voice can’t fool me! I got you right where I want you! Pinkiesfinishingmove! the destroying launcher!”

The crazy menace grabbed Mac around the neck with her thighs and launched a million balloons in the air, once she accumulated all the strings Pinkie then tied them around the other pony’s waist before jumping off. The amount of helium in the balloons was so strong that it started to pull Big Macintosh off the ground.

“Pinkie Pie! Get ma hooves to the ground this instant or I’ll get a whoopin’ on you!” Big Mac wasn’t sure whether he should be scared for his life or furious.

Pinkie however was hopping up and down with joy, “Nopeys! You have fun getting back to space mr. alien!”

Feeling like a total idiot, the stallion had to pull something up his sleeve or he’d be a goner. “Ya’ll better get me down or you will never see Big Macintosh again!”

Noticing the balloons pulling him higher, Pinkie jumped and grabbed his one hoof before bring him and the balloons to a hovering stance. Getting right in his icing face she knew one way to get him to talk, torture.

“Oh yeah? Well than mr evil meanie! I have seen your kind before, and I say no mas! Tell me where he is before my hand slips and you get to survive another day.” She wasn’t about to be tricked, she knew just how to turn the tables on this big guy.

Sighing and trying very hard not to say anything he’d regret, Mac looked her in the eyes and tried to reason with her. “Please miss Pie, ah am Macintosh. Ah can prove it!”

Now Pinkie was curious, she zoomed her eyes in and out to see for any signs of bluffing before she let him continue.
“Try me.”

“If yah just get this icing off then I’d be happy to oblige” he was surely getting tired of these stand stills already.Thinking this threw, the pink mare soon tied a longer balloon string to a tree stump before walking over to her enemy’s floating body.

“Let us see who the smart pony is here.” With one trace of her tongue she licked off his back thigh, revealing his green apple cutie mark. “interesting,” was all she said before she continued to lick his inner belly.

Big Mac tried not to squirm as her warm tongue violated his fur, so much emotion ran through his mind: Confusion, more anger, irritation, and a new feeling he had yet to figure out. “Well no-w, yah don’t got to.. do any of that! Ah just meant my face you crazy pony.”

A big grin started to appear on Pinkies face, one that signified her winning this battle. “Mr. are you getting some sort of sick kick out of this!? If so then I must try harder to torture you!”

It was time for the Ticklemonster, Pinkie ran her hooves fast over his now visible fur as it soon started to stand straight up. Big Mac tried his best not to cave, he held his breathe until he exploded into a wild legs kicking laughter. “Plea-se! *between laughs* Make it sto-p!”

The begging was all she wanted to hear, with that she stopped her hooves and licked the rest of the icing off Big Macs face. “Oh Macci it is you! What a delightful surprise!”

The sound of her voice was so sarcastic it could have bit him, she walked around and untied the balloons before lending him a hoof down. “YOU knew all along haven’t yah!?” was all he could say once he was safely on the ground.

With a small giggle Pinkie rubbed the back of her head with glee, “welllll yes, but only after I saw your cutie mark. An alien would not have been able to copy that! I mean really, simple knowledge there.”

As she continued to speak Macintosh’s mind blew, he couldn’t believe what she just put him through. ‘I can’t even believe this! It’s a good thing ah promised to never hit a mare.’

Getting his thoughts together he decided to pull together an idea of punishment, “Pinkie Pie, yah ruined my nap and caused me to lose time in the field. As your punishment ah am making you finish ma chores. Seeing as you have helped AJ in the past I reckon you already know the drill.”

Pinkies face deflated like a popped balloon at those words, “Awww! I just wanted to have some fun, then I thought you were an alien and as an element holder I must do my responsibly to protect Equestria!”

Shaking his head in disapproval, Mac gave her a bucket and ruffled up her mane. “Nice try pony, now get at it.”

The pink mare began to pout as she attempted to buck apples from the tree and missing completely. “Oh shoot, MAAACCCI! I’m a party pony! I don’t belong in the fields. Can you honestly pinkie swear that you didn’t have at least alittleeeeee fun!?”

Macintosh stopped walking away and thought hard about this, a part of him really did start to enjoy it-until the tickling began. Feeling a tad guilty for making the cute sad pony work, he walked back and began to finish his chores with her at his side.


“Girls we really need to get the town to see that Luna’s changed. If we don’t then we not only let her down but princess Celestia as well!” Twilight had gathered her friends over to the library for a meeting on what to do with Luna, for as of right now things weren’t looking so well.

“Well um maybe we could get Pinkie to help.. she’s great at throwing parties..” Fluttershy sat in the corner wondering if anypony listened when she noticed all eyes were now directly on her.

Rainbow had flung the yellow pegasus into the air before flying up and catching her. “Fluttershy you’re a genius! Where in the world has Pinkie Pie bin all day anyway?”

Everypony looked around in shock, they had been so busy worrying about Luna that they haven’t noticed their friend was missing from the group.

“I reckon maybe she’s workin’ at Sugercube or babysittin’ the cake’s foals.” Thinking this was a good possibility, AJ went with it.

The others nodded as Twilight made this a mental note to check Sugercube corner later for Pinkie. “We should probably go around town and explain to everypony about the situation. They deserve to know and maybe even give her a chance once they know the truth.”

With Twilights plan seeming reasonable, the gang split up. Hitting each house and explaining the ups and downs of the situation.

With the day finally starting to end Twilight reached her last house, it belonged to a very nice lyre player and her marefriend. Feeling relieved that her day was almost over she knocked on the door only for a mare with a blue mane with a pink strip open the door in a fury. “Excuse me, Sweetie Drops. I know it’s late but we need to talk. Is Lyra there as well?”

At the sound of her name being called a magic mint colored unicorn appeared from behind her lover. “who is it Bon Bon?.. Oh Twilight Sparkle, Hello there. If I had to take a guess you’re here because you want to tell me that princess Luna being here is a good thing and that she’s a good pony with a big heart.”

Twilight blinked questionably at this, “wow Lyra that’s not possible, how did you know?”

The unicorn pointed at Rainbow Dash who was flying up near their house, presumably spying of course. Being noticed Rainbow waved and flew down next to Twilight in a jiffy. “Already hit this house Twi, your just slow."

The purple mare gave her friend a stern look before giving the two mares an apology. “So sorry about this girls, I hope I wasn’t interrupting anything.”

Lyra just smiled and shook her head as her partner looked angry and walked back inside. The light colored unicorn let out a small unnoticed sigh before looking into Twilight's eyes. “Sparkle I must confess, when the mess all happened I was one of those ponies that let the rumors consume me, I even started one of my own.. terrible I know. I deeply regret it and hope the moon princess finds happiness here.”

Twilight smiled feeling relieved and hugged her old friend, “thank you for sharing that Lyra, as long as Ponyville’s trusting then I’m sure everything will work out just fine.” On that note Twilight said her goodbyes before taking her walk home.

“I sure hope so..” Lyra let out a hint of worry before closing the door to find her temperamental marefriend.

~

As the night started to set in, everypony turned out their lights for a wonderful sleep. Everypony except Luna. Staring at her ceiling for hours, the moon princess couldn’t take it anymore. She was given a second chance to do good and blew it. Yet still, her sister let her go.

“Why..” Luna didn’t know why she was so special, other villain's had been locked away for an eternity. So why was she so lucky? ‘Celestia feels I am good inside.. where is this good?’

The dark mare was tired, tired of being feared. Even by the ponies who trusted her the most, Twilight was no exception. “I saw the shire terror in her eyes.. we can never be Sparkle.”

At these words, Luna got up for the first time in hours and walked outside. Her hooves walking slowly past the library as her head contemplated her next actions.

Secretly above her balcony Twilight spied, wondering if she should be concerned. The purple unicorn decided to follow in utter silence. Not soon after she started following did she instantly regret it. Luna was heading for the forest, and fast.

Once Luna hit the forest spouting evil she started to fly up high into the sky. With her intentions clear, the moon mare gave a silent prayer into the night sky and started to dive towards the center of the everfree woods.

~
Trying to keep up Luna’s pace without being seen was quite more difficult than Twilight liked to admit. After the moon princess rose into the sky, the unicorn stood in confusion. Was she praying? Her mind wiped blank as she saw Luna starting to dive incredibly fast, head on towards the ground. “LUNA!”

Without a second thought, Twilight started to gallop as fast as her hooves would carry her. Twilight’s horn overflowed as she transported to every part of the forest that she remembered until she got close to the calculated landing spot for her friend. “I’m coming Princess! Oh please don’t be late!”

She looked up into the sky for any sign of distance when she noticed Luna was gaining speed. At this rate the moon mare was going to explode her brains out.

~
The dark mare had started to gain maximum speed as the ground became closer to her. With death close, Luna finally started to feel happy. In her mind she wasn’t going to harm anyone ever again, the world was going to be a safer place without her in it.

“Goodbye dearest sister.. Goodbye Twilight Sparkle..” closing her eyes for the immense impact on surface something struck her just in the nick of time.

With a full magic induced body slam, Luna was pounded out of the air and slammed through one of the everfree’s thick giant trees. The magic and body hitting the tree caused it to snap and fall apart as the princess hit the ground hard with a skid. Trying to find out what exactly happened, her eyes slowly opened and roamed the perimeter. Something was weighting her down but what? Lifting her head up she noticed something purple lying on her bruised body. “T-wilight..”

The purple unicorn shook vigorously trying to use her hooves to push up and raised her head to look up at the sight of her princess. “Lu-na.. wh-y.” Like a streaming waterfall Twilight's eyes rained tears down her cheeks as she stared into the other mare.

“Twilight I- just cant live a life of fear..” Luna’s emotions started kicking in seeing her love’s tears flow and started to cry as well.

The unicorn tried again to get her hooves from under her but failed, laying back down on the moon mares belly as she tried to control her emotions. “THAT! Is no-t the way to handle things! LL-una don’t you get it!? I..”

Trying to get her to stop shaking, Luna’s hooves reached up and tried to calm the purple mare down. “Spar-kle please, relax.. If anyone is unhappy here it is I. You tackled me into a tree thus stopping my wanted wish of death. I should be asking you.. why?”

Realizing this probably wasn’t the right speech to help the smaller pony relax she attempted to try again, “Thou is sorr-“ Before she could get the rest out Twilight had pulled the princess closer and brought herself down on Luna’s lips. Her eyes widened at the feel of unicorn’s warm muzzle touching hers, to her it just didn’t seem possible. Slowly getting into it, she closed her eyes and welcomed the ever so real dream mare that had been haunting her sleep.

Taking it all in Twilight finally stops, leaving the two panting for air as they glanced at each other before letting small grins take place. “Luna. I love you.”

More tears started to form in the moon mares eyes as the words struck her big heart. Somepony actually loved her, for her. “Twilight, I..love you too!” saying those words with a little more power than intended.Twilight pulled Luna in for another kiss before letting go and hugging each other tight.

“Luna, If we’re going to do this I have two rules” pulling away from their embrace and with the unicorns face now stern it was time to take things seriously.

“Yes Twilight anything! Luna decided that no matter what happened, she was going to hold onto this mare tight and never let her go.

Twilight pulled her face close to her muzzle before responding with such a look that could send big stallions to their knees. “Number one: NEVER and I repeat never, do anything to harm yourself in anyway shape or form again!

Luna whiffed her ears back a bit at this and nodded slightly for her to continue.

“And two: I would really like to get out of this spooky forest and go home..”

With the two terms present Luna gave her marefriend a warm hug before slowly pushing the mare off and using her wings to help herself stand. “What’s the matter? Afraid of some little snakes?”

Luna tried to lighten things up with her smirking grin as Twilight jumped to her feet and landed on Luna’s back.“SNAKES!!”

Twilight’s pressure on Luna’s body caused her to fall down again to the ground. Well if she wasn’t scared before Luna knew that her unicorn friend was scared now. “Sorry Twilight.. It was meant to be a joke.”

With a small chuckle, Luna lifted herself up with help from her wings as she kept Twilight steady on her back and flew off into the night sky.

Just as Luna suspected, Twilight’s eyes were in wonderland as she watched the stars beam around her. “Luna it’s so beautiful!”

Smiling like a fool, the dark mare glanced at the stars then back at her love. ‘Yes, you are.’ Something about Twilight in the starry night just seemed right, like somehow it was all meant to be. Luna mentally thanked her sister for a beautiful night as she flapped her wings towards a new beginning. Ponyville was no Canterlot but she was determined to make this her home, no matter what.

Author's Note:

Good? Bad? Comment please! ^-^

(Why all the dislikes??) <- am I a bad writer? *snif*