• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 677 Views, 8 Comments

Sweet Poison - RamenNinja101



The mane 6 will discover that love is like a double edged sword, Glorious but Deadly.

  • ...
9
 8
 677

Chapter 1

Peep!

A small deep whisper echoes through the secluded Everfree forest as a couple of someponies dared walk towards the dangerous path.

“Peep!”

The noise starts to louden and get more angry as the one pony jumps of fright.

“Oh gosh sugar cube, you jumped higher than a squirrel getting chased by a cat,” said the blonde apple pony. She looked around before de-gripping the jewel obsessed fashion pony off her backside.

The purple maned pony settled down before thinking of a reasonable excuse to tell her good old friend and secret lover Applejack, just why she jumped so high. “W..ell you should be more pro..tective, yeah that’s it. Then perhaps a true lady like myself wouldn't get frightened so easily. Hmph.”

Applejack couldn't believe what she was hearing, from little miss gem herself. She thought about it for a few seconds before laughing. Rarity could not help but join into the laughing joy of her sweet country somepony. She just had to attempt to speak first and try to erase her wrong words.

“Oh dear, I surely am horrible, aren't I? I am terribly sorry for being so rude, my love.” Rarity walked over to a smiling Applejack and nuzzled into her neck. The redness on the blondes face said it all, Rarity was forgiven.The two ponies kissed before getting back on their path.

“Please explain to me again why we’re on this mission into danger, there could be monsters! Bugs! Mud!” Rarity shouts, attempting to stop AJ from her destination. AJ turned around and gave Ms. Prissy ‘the look’ before walking on.

“Darlin, if I must repeat, we’re going into the forest to get some cranberry vines. Poor ol’ big Macintosh hasn’t been able to do much recently, on a count of he’s terribly sick. For some reason ever since he was a colt, that boy only ever got better eating cranberry vines. I just goonblappin don’t get it. And you did not want me to go in alone, so oh well here we are, I reckon.”

Rarity, walking a few steps behind her just sighed and followed quietly.

A pink figure ran through the bushes at high speed ready to attack its unsuspecting victims when it realized who was seen in the forest touching hooves.The pink bushy haired pony whispered to herself as her malicious eyebrow twitches. “Gasp! I knew it. They really are all gushy and ro..ro..manis? Romaroni? Yeah I think that’s it. How dare they not tell me, they’ll pay for this. Muahaha, or my names not Pinkamena Diane Pie.”

The two ponies walked for a good hour before they found the luscious cranberry vines of the Everfree, but while the lovers seem hyped and ready to scram, the pinkster is all but prepared to stop stalking them.

“PEEP!”

Rarity is already shaking under AJ as the noise gets louder and higher pitched. They start to back up before trapping themselves near the poisoned leaves of ivy. AJ has no choice, she must protect her love.

Snarly growls echo and get closer as AJ tries to be the brave defender. “Come out from hiding you chicken, I bucked trees bigger then you. yah hear?!

A dark figure jumps through the air and tackles the blonde screaming ‘PEEP!'

“SURPRISE!”

The pink pony blows a party horn and prances around cheerfully. “I got you, I did it, I did it, yaa—y”

Suddenly a hard body slammed into the pink pony’s side causing her to fly right into a tree. Huffing and puffing, it was none other than Rarity herself.

“You evil thing you! PINKIE PIE? How dare you? I repeat, HOW DARE YOU?” Rarity runs over to AJ and helps her up off the ground.

Applejack brushed off before responding to this whole confusing mess, “Rar its okay, Pinkie here was..well just being her loony self. Pinkie I hope yah learn somethin' or two about sneakin' up on us folk.”

The shaken up Pinkie gets up and limps over to her friends, “Goodness.. Rarity, Applejack, I never meant any harmydoos. Please let me make it up to you guys, OH I know! I have the perfect thing! We can have a…”

Rarity cut off her sentence with a fuming temper “NO! NO parties, No cake, No dancing, NO PINKIELOOSA!” The jeweled mare walked away before she’d say anything else hurtful towards the overly sensitive earth pony.

Applejack looked at Pinkie with an apologetic look before running after her somepony,

“Rargem, please. I get she scared the jeepers out of us and all that hooey but she’s still our friend. I say we go cool yah down in the spa before apologizing to Ms. sillypie. Relaxin' is yer middle name and all that.”

Rarity thought this over for a minute, thinking how nice the warm water and the soothing bubbles would be for her skin, her true happy place. Totally relaxed and at ease with the world, and then she saw the pink menace running towards them. With her good bubbly feeling gone, she wasn’t a happy pony.

Speeding down the path out of the forest, Pinkie catches up to her friends and attempts to get Rarity to forgive her. With all of her jumping up and down trying to get attention, Pinkie gets to speak.

“Oh please oh please oh PLEAAAASE fashion pony of ponyville, will you forgive me? Pinkie pie for the awful wrongs I have done. I adore you and Applejack together and well why is it a secret?? Anyway I won’t stop, ever. Till I gain your trust back! A friend’s trust is the most important thing In the worrrrrllddd. We’re best friends, you should scare me! OH NO! I’m scared! Hahahahaha weeeee! Please oh please love Pinkie pie, Come on everypony smile smile smile…(and Pinkie goes on)

Rarity’s patience withers as she watches the pink ball of energy bounce up and down babbling about apologies and something of that sort. ‘why can’t she ever just sit still, it’s like I’m watching a bouncing ball that never ends. Well then, Ms. Rargem. You must tell her that enough is enough, you will no longer allow this.’

“Pinkie Darling, You may stop this annoying hyperness at once, You know that I deeply care for you and all of your…talents. But there is a line hun and I believe you crossed it. Look at the mud on my hooves? Take a peek at Applejack, you made us frighten for our lives darling. Is there any part of you that yearns to love? To feel another’s emotion before causing such stress on the beating heart? A heart Pinkie, a simple blood flowing organ that’s attached to your brain for feelings like love! I personally do not think you have such a thing in your silly head. I advise you to go out and get one, and quit messing with ours! Good bye” Rarity storms off in a hurry, a hurry to escape her words, an hurry to escape her friend, and a hurry to escape herself.

Pinkies face had dropped, her legs no longer hopping, for once in her life she felt speechless. The cake loving pony’s eyes started to tear as she sniffed and sat down frozen ‘I….have…no heart….?’

Applejack was lost, should she stick by her lover? She did have a point about Pinkie going too far, but in no way was their friend heartless. AJ turned to lay a hoof on her bushy haired friend, but as she stepped forward, Pinkie spoke.

“Go to her AJ, she’s your somepony, that’s something Ms. Pinkamena will never ha..ve.”

Pinkie got up and started to sprint away from all this. From her tears, from her worst nightmare, and from one of her best friends who she’d hope could forgive her. Would she ever find that special somepony to make her change her ways? ‘find a heart Pinkie, find a heart!’

~~~

Applejack ran back to Rarity’s house in a jiffy, barging in the door and demanding reasoning until she sees her lover crying over her satin fabric. “Oh Rargem, I’m terribly sorry darlin'. I know it all seems kinda bad but I figure it’ll get better over time bumpkin.” AJ rubbed her cheek on the soft skinned mare but it didn’t matter. Nothing she could have said would of helped, instead she brought her honey up to bed and lay aside her hoping the tears would stop soon.


Morning arose bright and early for some pony’s working hard in the fields, a pony named Big Macintosh to be exact. The poor red draft horse looked absolutely horrid, and yet he still got up early do manage his chores. Pulling apples was not an easy task, loading tons onto a wagon then pulling them to their destination. With sweat pouring down his neck, this horse did it every day. But where oh where is his sister with his medicine?

Big mac wasn’t the only one who was worried, a white mane wrinkled old horse stepped outside to shout “yer better come in sonny, I’m sensin' the heat’s no good for a laddie working his short tail off! Hehehe yeeehauh!”

Big Macintosh knew that although his granny seemed nuts at times, she knew when he wasn’t looking so good. “Gettin’ mighty hot, comin’ in granny.” As he started to walk inside he saw his sister come running up through the fields. If only it had been the sister who promised to bring the medicine.

“heelloo big brother! Miss me?” A cute small pony with red hair and a bow on top of her head jumped right onto Big Mac’s back.

“Yeeupp” Big Mac jumped around with her for a little bit before feeling worn down again. This weak body of his was not what a work horse was used too. He wondered if she knew where their middle sister was, the small pony knew something seemed wrong with her big brother.

“Applebloom, Where’s AJ?” He asked, trying not to sound desperate.

AppleBloom just looked at him for a while before answering, “gosh big bro I got no idea, I’d assume she’s over Rarity’s. Those two are closer than two birds in mating season. Haha wouldn’t that be something, huh big ma—c…”

Before she had time to even finish, Big Macintosh was down. He made a thud as the draft horse hit the ground and passed out. Panicked, Applebloom ran into the house to tell her Granny Smith exactly what happened. But they had a problem, even both pony and old horse together would not be able to lift the giant weight of Big Mac without Applejack.

Applebloom rushed out to town to find her big sister, she wasn’t at the sugercube corner, she wasn’t in the library, and she wasn’t even in the meadow with the peaceful wildlife.Then it hit her, She dashed to Rarity’s shop in an instant.

“Gosh I am so dumb sometimes, I’m sorry big brother, I’m hurrying as fast as I can. Stay strong!” The bow haired pony rushed into the shop and felt such a gust of relief hit her as she saw her big sister and the fashion pony….KISSING??!?

Applejack immediately stood up and tried to defuse the situation, “Applebloom, for goodness sake what are you doing here?? You can’t just barge into Rarity’s shop like you own the place, the sign on the door says its closed for munchin, I suggest ya-“

Although already out of breath from running Applebloom stops her midsentence to say one thing before she totally forgets why she came. “BIG MACINTOSH PASSED OUT!”

AJ’s eyes opened wide as she remembered the vine medicine. “shoot shoot shoot! I’m so sorry sugercube I need to go” she kissed her loves cheek before racing out the door with her bag full of medicine and her little sister behind her.

“I’m such a terrible sister darling, I hope you can forgive me, I hope it’s not too late!” AJ tried to make conversation but effort was futile. The only thing that was important right now was getting the medicine to their brother in time.

As they got onto the farm they saw Granny smith trying to keep Big mac cool from the over bearing sun. AJ quickly pulled the cranberry vines from her bag and granny shook them up in apple juice before attempting to find a way to insert it. 'We must get him inside', was the only thought running through everyponys minds. AJ grabbed a wagon and they all lifted the big horse into it before pulling it inside the barn. They laid him down on a bed of hay and attempted to wake him up.

“it’s no use ya’ll, we must find another way to get the medicine in him,” Applejacks words ran through the apple family’s minds. How where they going to save their brother?

So many ideas came to their heads, but only one seemed reasonable. They had to do it, they must indeed attempt to life his heavy mouth open and keep it open enough to drink the liquid.They all knew how dangerous it could be, but it had to be done. AJ held his mouth opened while Applebloom poured the juice down his throat. Granny had been leaning him up so that he did not choke or vomit everywhere in case he was to wake up. Once that was over they laid him back down to rest, hooves crossed that it wasn’t too late, that the illness inside of him was ceased yet again.

Days seem to pass, then weeks, time stood still for the Apple family. Big Macintosh was transferred to a hospital, and all that anyone could do at this point in time was waiting. Granny Smiths in a stress ball in her home, Applebloom’s teary eyes walk the halls of her school depressed, and AJ..Hasn’t left the hospital bed since they took him. She knows that chores need to be done, time can’t stand still, but how could she have forgotten? She knew he suffered from a disease that he couldn’t fight, she KNEW that the cranberries were the only thing that seemed to help him get by.

“Why APPLEJACK? It’s all yer fault. Why can’t I keep my head on straight. I’m so sorry Big brother, I’m so sorry..” In the hospital kneeling beside his bedside is where she stayed crying, hoping, praying, that somehow he’ll be alright.


“Prin...cess..Cel…N..o..Plee..ase” A purple maned pony lays tossing and turning while her nightmare ruins her sleep pattern. The dream gets more vivid as twilight fails to awake into reality. Pitch darkness surrounds her dream as she is banished from Equestria. ‘Please just listen!’ but not a soul would. Her friends had turned their backs, the princess despised her, and her loving sidekick was dead. She didn’t understand, why had any of this happened? Just as quick as it started a loud thud shakes the house and awakes the purple striped pony in a panic. She turns to her baby dragon sidekick for reasoning, hoping everything is okay.

“SPIKE! Are you alright? What’s happening?”

Out of a picnic basket pops a little purple dragon with green spikes, stretching and yawning like he hadn’t heard a thing. “What’s all the screaming for Twilight?”

“Oh Spike! Your okay!” Twilight yanked the little dragon into her hooves as a big wave of relief came over her, he was safe and sound. Now to find out what woke her from that menacing nightmare, and why it shook the tree house so bad.

Spike wasn’t sure what had scared his best friend so bad, but he knew that he wanted to help. “Twilight you know that the shaking of the house was probably part of your dream right? I mean it would be pretty difficult to shake a tree, right?”

The purple pony just rolled her eyes and tried to hurry downstairs to make sure her books were in order. “I’m positive that it really happened, I can’t believe you can just sleep through everything Spike. I get you’re a baby dragon and you need your sleep but doesn’t anything wake you up?”

Spike yawned again before chuckling to answer, “yeah Twi, you haha.” The dragon turned and opened the door to check if any other pony heard noises, when a pink figure dashed inside running over poor Spike.

The figure dashed right onto Twilight before announcing why she was there. “Twilight! Twilight! I need your help!”

Just from the voice alone, Twilight knew who had launched themselves into her house, over her friend, and on top of her body. None other than Pinkie Pie herself.

“Pinkie..can you please get off of me, and then we may discuss your Pinkie issues..”

Pinkie stepped off and helped her friend up before automatically starting her speech. “I need a book on how to love, I need one NOW Twilight. I must must muuusttt read it and make everything okay again between me and Rarity.”

Twilight took it in for a second; Rarity had briefly told her about the situation between those two but had hoped to see Pinkie again to apologize. It’s just that with Applejack being a total mess, perhaps she had no time.

“Pinkie, I think that all Rarity needs is some time, you should go see her after this whole Applejack’s meltdown situation passes..so we hope. We’re all holding on for her and Big Macintosh”

Pinkie’s ears drop, she had no clue what’s bin happening around here, but clearly it was something that’s upsetting everypony. She attempted to hop and try to get in on details, but her legs just didn’t have the joy or energy to bounce about. Of course that never stopped her mouth from going on and on a mile a minute.

“What zoonyness happened? Omggoodness is Applejack okay? Did she and Big Mac get into a fight? Or did giant boulders crumble down and BOOOM! Trample them as they tried to save the apple tries from crashing into ginooorrmous waves of juicy overflow!?!? Or how bou-t”

Spike stood up and landed on Pinkies back before covering her mouth to shut her up. He quickly started talking to keep it that way.“Uh Pinkie, no offense but your story makes no sense..”

Twilight smiled and shook her head before replying to this craziness of a pinkiemaniac, “He’s right Pinkie none of those things happened. Unfortunately Big Macintosh got really sick and was sent to the hospital, Applejack wasn’t there at the time and well..she’s an upset mess. I mean who wouldn’t be? I feel so bad, not even my magic could heal the poor guy, nor cheer up my best friend.” The sad pony sighed and sat down, confused on what to do next.

Pinkie shook Spike off before thinking of a mature comeback, “I..wish I knew this..I’m going to visit the guy tomorrow and give him the cheering up of a life time! Then he’s bound to wake up. Well then maybe, just maybe, Applejack will be so happy that Rarity is bound forgive me! I've figured it out and it’s all thanks to you Twilight! Thank you very much!” Pinkie strangle hugs Twilight and Spike before running out the door in a jiffy.

Spike rubbed his head confused and closed the door, “Well I’m officially lost, and *yawns* going back to bed. Night Twilight.”

Twilight rubs her eyes before waving her sidekick off to bed, “Oh princess, I hope things go well for us all, please give my friends and I the courage to hold on to hope. Goodnight”

As Twilight started walking away towards her bedroom, the wind picks up and sends her curtains flying off the window onto the floor. She turns around to investigate when the wind throws her into the wall. Shaken up but still conscious, Twilight yelled hoping someone would respond. “What on Equestria is going on!?”

A voice like the hard wind answered back, only blowing hard gusts of air toward the trembling pony with her hooves above her head. “TW…light..SPAR…kle..”

The words started to sound more eligible when the dark figure appeared from the wind in front of the scared girl. “Twilight Sparkle, you need not fear me.”

The voice softened completely, almost like magic as the breeze settled.Twilight stopped shaking and looked up, only to see the most beautiful creature her eyes have ever seen. “Pr..incess…Lu..na…?”

Author's Note:

P.s. I like Cranberries(: