• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 678 Views, 8 Comments

Sweet Poison - RamenNinja101



The mane 6 will discover that love is like a double edged sword, Glorious but Deadly.

  • ...
9
 8
 678

Chapter 2

“Pr..incess…Lu..na…?”

The dark maned pony stood tall as Twilight quickly lowered her body to bow in respect.

“Twilight Sparkle, you should not bow to thy, I do not deserve to be shown such kindness. Not towards the sun’s most faithful student.” Luna had spoken, she knew just how much this purple magic pony was loved by all. From those words alone, she kneeled down to bow herself to the one she thought worthy.

Twilight looked up in utter surprise and blushed. Why was the princess bowing to her? She didn't feel oh so special, and couldn't conger up the words to reply. The confused young unicorn stood up in shock and attempted to help the moon princess stand.

“Please..Princess..Don’t bow to me, I’m just like every other pony. I don’t have the responsibility of raising the moon like you do. For me, it’s an honor to be in your presence.”

Princess Luna just seemed to smile and shake her head as she arose from the ground.

“Twilight Sparkle, this is why your Princess likes your company so much. Oh and one more thing, please call me Luna.”

Twilight chuckled a bit before looking up to see how serious the princess was about it.

“heh..on one condition Princ..I mean Luna, you can call me Twilight. It’s okay to be improper sometimes." Twilight announced with a small grin.

"So may I ask why it is you’re here? Not that I don’t enjoy your company, it’s just late and you blew through my window..not that I mind! I just..like to know.” Twilight couldn't hide how nervous her voice sounded, she just hoped Luna wouldn't be offended by it. Fortunately for her, the dark pony did not seem at all affected by this remark.

“Twilight, Does thou worry I forgot thy reason for coming? No need for fear, I simply require an intelligent conversation with words smarter than the average pony can provide.”

The words went through Twilight's ears like nothing she’s ever heard. The confused pony went and sat down next to her princess eager to hear more. ‘Princess Luna is acting very odd, I wonder what her actual reason is for being here. Perhaps she really just needed a friend, I wonder if I’m still one of her only ones. Oh princess I understand your pain, it took me a very long time to find friends. Hmm..after my terrible dream, sitting next to her feels very calming. It’s like all of my problems disappear when I look into her. Wait What? What’s wrong with me? Oh goodness she’s looking at me, say something Twi. Say anything!’

Luna looked at the lost in space pony very curiously before speaking, "Twilight, does thy talking bother you? Perhaps I am talking too proper again or over boring you with thy galaxy talk? For this I apologize, I suggest you head to bed Twilight Sparkle. My intrusion meant no harm, rest assured I shouldn't have interrupted your night’s sleep. You are just like every other pony, sleep during the moons beauty and awake through the suns burning rays.”

Luna stood up and started to walk towards the window when Twilight blocked her path,

“Please Princess, don’t leave, I’m just distracted by nonsense. I wish to hear more about the stars, like the Capella. That’s one of my favorites, it’s one of the three brightest stars. Not including the Northern one of course. As a constellation book worm, I would like to hear more about the winter star. If that’s okay..I do enjoy your company Luna, and I don’t try to sleep away the nights you brighten. Think of it like this, if all the stores for food and necessities were only open for the day then you’d have to get them while you could. Which means that even though my cutie mark Is similar to a star, I must stay awake with these ponies during the day. It’s what I have been accustomed to my entire life, my way of doing things.”

Luna was never told reasoning quite like this before, and felt she never will again. For once she felt that she understood, still disliked but understood the ponies need for sunlight.

“Twilight I must thank you, I would have lived a full life never knowing why people hated my creation so much. You were the one who spoke up, the one that stood here without fleeing from thy..I mean my way of doing things. You’re not just being brave or scared stiff, you actually care.”

The princess walked closer to Twilight till she had just enough room to gaze into the star struck ponies eyes. Face to face, neither had much room to breathe on their own. Twilight was frozen solid, she couldn't move a hoof. All she could do was stand there, her mind going blank as the moon pony leaned closer.

“Twilight Sparkle, forgive me for what my icy heart is about to do.”

Before Twilight could respond, Luna leaned in and placed a kiss upon the younger pony’s lips. The moon pony could not bear to wait any longer, she had to find out if Twilight's feelings were mutual.

Twilight's eyes widened as the coolness of the dark princess’s lips landed on her own.

With her face growing redder, Twilight wasn't quite sure if it was right or wrong, but with her body frozen and mind losing control, her mind shut out any doubt. She closed her eyes, and let the kiss deepen. Twilight wasn't sure how this feeling came over her, the only thing she was sure of was that she enjoyed it. Kissing back with such passion she never knew she had, the two ponies ended up being raised up high by gusts of strong wind. Before they knew it, they were close to the tall ceiling above them. Smiling and blushing at the same time, the ponies were about to have a romantic night they’d never forget. From making out, to wrestling for dominance, hours felt like minutes. Their night went on, kissing, biting, giggling, teasing, until the wind of lust and passion overflowed and became too much. Twilight couldn't handle anymore, she now needed it, she begged for Luna to take her completely. Once the princess heard those words her body reacted almost instantly, she took control of Twilight's body and used all the power she had to make their pleasure last all night. It was only a matter of time before Twilight’s body gave out. Her bones went limb as her heart over joyed and mind slowly blacked out.

Luna spread her luminous wings and caught the exhausted pony before she could fall to a dreadful landing. Slowly flying down to the floor, the Princess then placed her new lover onto the rug before thinking of what to do next. “I suppose I should accompany her to her bedroom, but what if I hurt her? Sister is already raising the run to start the day, I need to head back home. Oh how I wish you could come with me Twilight Sparkle, you would love the view.”

As Luna paced back and forth the sun grew brighter each passing minute. Then it hit her, she could just take her lover with her. Her pony doesn't seem to need the sun to survive, and neither does she.

“Oh this is perfect! My mind is made up, I’m taking her!”

Just as soon as the words were released, a baby dragon had come down the stairs and heard of the princess’s plan. With fear for his best friend, Spike charged towards the dark pony with the only thing in his hand capable to become a weapon, a book.

“You leave her along you monster! I don’t care if you’re the princess or not, you’re not allowed to harm Twilight!” Spike threw the book and missed as he tripped over Luna’s hoof, causing a loud crash into the bookcase.

Books raddled and started to fall rapidly as Spike tried to stand up. The princess wanted to help her lovers close friend, but the sun had already started to shine and she knew that if she was still around when the sun got to her she would be in serious trouble and pain.

Luna had no time to think, she used her magic to move the dragon from the falling books with such power that it sent Spike flying out the door into a store window. Hearing cries and shattered glass, Luna sprung up into the air with her pony on her backside and flew off like lightning. Getting out of that mess and back home safe was what concerned her most, the rest could wait another night.


Meanwhile back at the hospital, Rarity finally convinced Applejack to leave and get some rest in her nice soft bed. Sleeping on the floor just wasn't helping with the loads of stress she carried on her shoulders, not one bit. As AJ walked out of the hospital she took in a deep breath before exhaling, fresh air definitely felt great.

“Golly, I sure haven’t been outside in a while, I really hope things get better Rargem.” Applejack spoke in such a low key, Rarity feared she’d never return to her own self again.

Rarity nuzzled AJ’s cheek, she knew how hard this was for her and wanted to do anything in her power to help. “Apple darling, we just need to keep holding on to hope. I know you love your brother Hun, and I promise I will do everything in my power to help aid his repair. I believe that if you want something bad enough, and wish for it with all of your heart, it will come true.”

Rarity’s words went through AJ’s mind like a bubble, it eventually had to pop. In an instant from hearing the gem pony’s words, Applejack started to shake. Her sentence started breaking off into shaky words as the apple pony attempted to keep her cool.

“Suger..cube..let’s hope for once..wishing..works out..” She let in another deep breath, leaning on Rarity to stand, she continued. “I need my brother.. I need...Big..Mac..intosh..”

The pony could not hold in her tears any longer, she fell to pieces in Rarity’s hooves. The tears just continued to roll down her cheeks as Applejack cried deeply into the fashion pony’s chest. Rarity could do nothing but stroke the ginger pony's blonde mane as she cried her heart out in the center of town. At least this early in the morning no one would be awake just yet.

Of course just as things seem too quiet, a smash of glass and the sound of alarms went off a block away. Rarity and Applejack jumped up and stared wide-eyed as a dark winged figure flew off into the sky like a bullet. Not soon after that, they heard a terrifying scream and both raced to the scene. What they saw that night could have scarred anypony. A baby dragon had crashed into the glass window of Sugercube corner and massacred a huge party cake. The same cake Pinkie Pie had been preparing and baking for hours to give to her pony best friends forever.

The screaming still went on as Pinkie saw the mess of cake crumbs and blood mixing into each other, she wasn't sure which emotion to use first. Mad, upset, confused, angry, sad, lost and a lot more emotions forming for that Pinkster.

Guards immediately came to the scene as soon as they heard the high pitched ear bleeding screams coming from Sugercube corner. Applejack and Rarity walked by and both grabbed Pinkie Pie from the terrifying place in an instant. Pinkie’s face seemed to lighten once she saw her two wonderful friends approaching and saving her from this mess.

“Goodness! YOU TWO! I don’t understand how this all happened! I’m so very very happy to see you guys. I don’t know what to do, Mr. and Mrs. Cake will kill me when they come home from vacation to see this. Help me guys! He’s in there! Oh my goodness! Where is Twilight?”

Rarity grabbed Pinkie by the shoulders and started shaking her to be quiet before she spoke. “Pinkie darling please, Breathe. Who is in there? Why do you need Twilight Hun?”

Applejack and Rarity both stood quietly as Pinkie gathered up the courage to speak his name, “it’s our little Spike..”

The two other ponies jaw’s had dropped, how could this be? Pinkie let out a burst of loud wet tears after saying the poor dragon’s name. Pinkies friends comforted her as best they could, none were aware of what really happened. They did know that sooner or later, Twilight must find out.

After dealing with the guards, Pinkie, Rarity, and Applejack watched as Spike was taken to the hospital. The three ponies knew that they must find Twilight and the rest of the gang fast, who knows what might happen next.

The trio race to Twilight's tree house and barge down the door, *SLAM*

Applejack shakes her head as Pinkie rubs her face in pain from breaking the door down. “Pinkie Pie, I reckon’ that wasn't the smartest move yah could of done. We shoulda’ knocked yah know?”

Pinkie just smiled and hopped inside before gawking at the bumbled mess of books scattered everywhere. “Geepers, it looks like a boomspotion in here!”

Rarity took one step inside before responding in disgust, “For once you’re right Pinkie, but where is our loving Twilight? Surely a slammed in door should wake any sleeping pony.”

Applejack nodded and ran up the spiral stairs into Twilights bedroom, only to find it completely empty. “Uh..you guys? Twi’s not here. For goodness sake I hope she’s safe. We should find the others, perhaps they've seen her. I suggest we get a move on, don’t wanna waste any time ya hear?”

Everypony nodded in agreement to AJ’s words, they must find their friends for help. Once attempting to re-close Twilight's broken door, Pinkie Pie, Rarity, and Applejack set out to find Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. Frightened and worried, the gang tried to hang on to the magic of their friendship for support.


Racing through the air faster than the speed of light, a Pegasus pony bolts from the clouds and up into the morning sky. Quite far behind her, a slower Pegasus flaps her wings as fast as her little heart can to keep up.

“Oh, it’s just no use Rainbow Dash, I’ll never be a great flyer like you.” The light yellow pony stopped to breathe as she talked quietly, hoping her Rainbow mane friend would hear her and slow down.

The Rainbow maned pony turned around once she saw her follower stop and start to give up. It was clear that she needed to do some major training if her best friend was going to ever learn how to keep up with her. So like a good friend should, Rainbow Dash decided the only way to get progress was to force it. With her friend Fluttershy distracted by the little creatures flying around, Rainbow knew this was the perfect chance. Making sure she took off with such speed that no pony would ever see. She bolted towards the innocent flyer. Before Fluttershy even knew what hit her, Rainbow had tackled her from the sky and sent her flying miles away.

“Hahaha! Fluttershy, you better learn to stay on your guard. You might want to come avenge yourself, Fluttershy! Fluttershy! Fluttershy can hardly fly!” With those words spoken, Rainbow Dash flew off in speed. She knew that if those words didn't get her friend to come after her, nothing would.

Fluttershy’s memory flashed back to her childhood, to those scarring words that she refused to hear. The poor girl held her ears as the words surrounded her head in circles. As her eyes grew black and her wings started to flap, she knew that she must make Rainbow take it back.

“How dare she! No.. Fluttershy, she didn't mean it, but she said it? I must get her to take it back. Hopefully..” With confusion in her thoughts, Fluttershy’s temper comes out and the pony flies off.

“Maybe I went a little too far trying to push her.” Rainbow slows down knowing that her friend would never be able to catch up, and takes a breather. The fast pony was contemplating on whether she should head back and find her friend, when she got slammed into by none other than Ms. Fluttershy herself.

The brave pony had bumped into Rainbow Dash so hard that it sent them both falling towards the ground. With Fluttershy holding down Rainbows wings, the two dropped faster as gravity starts to kick in.

“Fluttershy are you nuts!? Let me go!” Rainbow struggled as she tried to reason with her friend.

The nature loving pony wanted no part of it, “No, not until you take back what you said!...please.”

With the ground coming closer, Rainbow had no choice. “OKAY! I’m sorry Fluttershy! I take it all back. Please let go of my wings so I can save us!”

Just in the nick of time Fluttershy let go as Rainbow Dash unleashed her wings. With hooves just barely swiping the ground, Rainbow grabbed Fluttershy and flew up before landing safely onto land. Turning to face her crazy friend, Dash had some fumes to let loose.

“Fluttershy! What were you thinking?? I said those words to try and encourage you to fly faster, not kill us!” Rainbow paced back and forth shaking her head as the other pony tried to reason.

“Well..I..um..I guess I just let something get a hold of me, I’m terribly sorry Dashie.” With her ears and head down, the shy pony sat in depression.

The only thing running in Rainbows mind now was how bad she felt. ‘I am such a jerk, why am I blaming her? It was my fault from the start, Fluttershy don’t be upset.’ Rainbow walked over to her best friend and placed a hoof on her shoulder.

“Don’t be upset Fluttershy, you’re too adorable to be sad.” Rainbows words hit the shy pony right through the heart. Immediately the pink maned pony’s face streamed red as she starred into Dash’s eyes.

“Oh Dashie… don’t say things like that, I’m nothing special.” With her hooves rubbing at the ground, the red faced pony definitely needed a distraction.

Rainbow Dash pulled Fluttershy’s face towards her own before replying to her wonderful friend. “Fluttershy are you kidding me? You’re the most beautiful pony in all of Equestria, everypony knows that.”

Rainbow’s words came directly from her heart, she didn't want to admit it until now but she’s fallen in love with this pink and yellow nature loving pony. The kind of pony that cares for all living things, the somepony she hopes that one day would be hers. Fluttershy was that special pony, and somehow, some way, she had to tell her. But could she? The shy awkward tension grew more as the ponies looked into each other’s eyes.

Fluttershy’s face melted into Rainbows hoof as the brave pony spoke, “I um...thank you..”

The bashful pony’s voice stopped working once she saw how close her best friend was getting towards her face. ‘Dashie…I’m going to melt into a puddle, my body’s screaming at me to move, why can’t I move?’

Just as Rainbow attempted to lean in for the kiss, her ears whiffed back and she pulled away. She heard hooves against the ground as three ponies came running in their direction. ‘Seriously??? You guys better have a good reason for interrupting the only chance I may ever get at kissing Flutter..shy’ Rainbows face started to blush thinking about it. The closer her other friends got, the more she tried to shake it off.

Fluttershy’s mind tried to figure out what just happened when some of her loving pony friends showed up to greet them.

“Howdy Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash, we got an important message for ya’ll-“ Applejack starts to speak as Pinkie cuts her off with the that high pitched voice of hers.

“YES! We have news for you both! You’ll never believe it! First it was like, lalala making a cake, than! It was like BOOM! CRASH! Let’s not forget the AHHHS! And EEEKS! Not to mention the sound of many guards running to the rescue. Then-”

Rarity shoved grass into Pinkie Pies mouth before her head decided to explode, “What Pinkie’s trying to say is that for some reason Spike crashed through her window and destroyed her cake. With him bleeding like crazy and cake batter everywhere, the guards didn't know what to think. It was absolutely dreadful! He was send to the hospital and we went to find Twilight. However when we went to her home, it was a mess and she was nowhere to be found. Have you two seen her?”

The two ponies blinked and stared blankly at Rarity as the message seeped through. Rainbow flapped her wings and started to float as she responded.

“SERIOUSLY!? Wait a second, Twilight's gone? I haven’t seen the egghead at all today, that’s so strange. Don’t worry your little heads, I will find her! Never fear, Rainbow Dash is here!, Besides she’s gotta be somewhere. I’ll let you guys know exactly when I find her, lets meet up at the library later tonight, got it?” And just like that, Rainbow dashed off into the sky.

Fluttershy watched as the rainbow pony flew off like the wind, her mind was definitely not with the group.

“Well that was one fast acting jumping up at the scene on Rainbow's part, Fluttershy what do you think? Seen or heard from Twilight recently?” Applejack starred at her friend rather curiously, she sure had been acting weird.

The shy pony just shook her head and lowered it before speaking, “honestly no, I haven’t seen her. I sure hope she’s okay. I will ask all my little friends to help out as well. I suppose I will meet with you ponies later than. Good luck on your end, I really hope we find her.”

Fluttershy flapped her wings and flew off towards her home, hopefully Angel and her other woodland friends could help them. "Oh no, I hope Twilight really is okay, poor Spike, I should visit him as well. What monster could do such a thing? At least I’m distracted from Dashie.. Oh Rainbow..You make my nerves fly off the walls. If only I had a way to control them and be more assertive, then perhaps I could… No, I must shake this feeling off, there’s no time. I must find Twilight."


While the whole town ends up searching for Twilight Sparkle, Luna prepares for the awakening of her sleepy lover. “Food prepared? Check. Romantic window view? Check. Soothing music? Check. Perfect, this is oh so wonderful.”

Luna dances in happiness in her living room unaware of the problems she caused when she sees a messy shadow out of her vision. She turns around only to see her stunning lovely pony, messy hair and all standing in her home. She leaps in excitement and glomps her sleepy pony to the floor.

“Hello Twilight Sparkle, you sleepy head.” Luna rubs on Twilight's face before lending her a hoof to stand up.

Twilight could not help but smile and blush as she stood up, “you know Princess, I was beginning to think that last night was all a dream, until I realized this wasn't my house. Haha silly isn’t it, that and I’m incrediblyyy sore.”

Twilight and Luna both started to laugh, Luna was so relieved that her love wasn't at all mad. “Twilight dear, I’m so glad I brought you here, you’re going to love it.It is the one place we can be totally alone ”

Twilight smiled and nuzzled into Luna’s cheek, she felt so happy, not a doubt crossed her mind. She felt completely safe until her eyes caught a glimpse out the window. She couldn't believe what she saw, stars, planets, better yet the galaxy.

“Lu..na..where are we?” Twilight wasn't so positive about her safety anymore, she just had to ask.

Luna just looked up and smiled, “my secret home silly, on the moon.”

The purple pony couldn't believe her ears, not only wasn't she in Equestria. She’s not even on Earth? Twilight stood still, unsure how to make out what to say, she did not even know it was possible to bring other ponies here besides Luna herself. She knew Luna once lived here, but never expected her to return after she’d been trapped in this place for a thousand years. Twilight started to tremble and hyperventilate while beginning to panic. She took one step toward Luna before her mouth exploded with words she still couldn't wrap her mind around.

“WE’RE ON THE MOON!?!?”