• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 364 Views, 4 Comments

Star Light's Wish - prettyprinsses5



An inspirational journey, with a small miss understood and judged filly named star light. Her quest to unveiling a star which may have the answers she wants.

  • ...
 4
 364

Schooling or scoulding

"O my gosh, o my gosh." Star light shrieked with joy. She got on her school bag and ran to the door, as she opened it, Nova shouted "It's 7am school doesn't start for another hour." Star Light shut the door slowly "Oh yeah, i'm sorry i'm just so excited." Star Light started jumping around in excitement. It was cold out side so her mother decided a nice warm bowl of oat meal would warm Star Light up. "Now Star Light, I want you to behave, I don't want to have to keep moving. This is a good school and cheerliee your teacher is very interested in having you has her student, don't mess up." Nova instructed. Star Light nodded kissed her mother on the cheek and ran off to school as fast as she could. Nova looked outside and sighed "I hope it all goes well."


At the school, the fillies started to line up. for class, as they entered to sit down, Star Light was called in. "Okay everypony we have a new student in our class her name is Star Light, I want everypony to give her a warm hearty welcome." Cheerilee said.
"Hello Everypony. My name is Star Light, my hobbies are star gazing and doing science projects. I earned my cutie mark when I was 4 years old, which was very young, but I became so interested in my hobby it became my talent. I hope you will all be nice to me and I make lot's of friends." Star Light smiled and cocked her head to the left, when she opened them everypony was staring at her. They seemed to be scared. As Star Light trotted to her seat everypony flinched and moved away. "Thank you Star Light, I hope you enjoy your time here." Cheerilee replied.

Star Light was doing well in school that day, until at break time she stood out ready to play with the other fillies, and no one was there. In fact they were hiding behind the school building. Star Light heard whispering and followed the voices close enough to hear the actual words. "She's a freak, she shouldn't even be here." they said. Star Light stopped in her tracks her eye's widened and started to water. "Am I really a monster....I can't be I'm just a filly like everypony else." She questioned. She slumped to the ground with eyes welling up with emotion. The school bell rang and everyone cautiously walked around the school building to find Star Light wasn't there. With her not near them they felt safe and ran back into class to find Star Light sitting at her desk sulking. No one dared to even talk nor walk towards her and let their day continue like any other.

The next lesson was science, Star Light's favorite subject but not even subatomic particles or star clusters could bring a smile to her face. Although being sad and feeling unworthy that didn't stop her from working hard, she does this in her spare time and got 100% in her test. "Star Light I was very Impressed with your work, you are a very dedicated student, especially to this subject, keep it up." Cheerilee said with a big grin on her face. "Oh it's no big deal, I do this everyday I pretty much know it all." Star Light replied, not even looking up to look at her teacher.

When the day had ended, Star Light walked back home, she knew it doesn't matter what school she went to it was never the school's fault, it was herself. She hated everything about herself, she let herself think positively knowing that a negative reaction would just take place like every other school and town she'd move to. "I can't let this get me down, I have to find away to make a change. I don't want to disappoint my mum or Cheerilee." She whispered to herself. Whilst walking home all she saw were ponies gawking at her, like she was some wild beast. She never had one friend, and every time someone looked at her it was never for good reasons. Her mum was her only friend, one who would be there for her. But she wanted a real friend, not a mother. Just some body to accept her for who she was and what she looked like.

"I used to always think it was because of my knowledge or for how young i got my cutie mark...But now I realise it's just me, it's me who they stare at...it's the outside they are seeing and judging." She quietly mumbled. Her eye's started to water again before letting out a huge wail she buried her head in her hooves. It was starting to get dark, she looked up and saw one twinkling star shining through the clouds. She smiled a little and ran home "If that star can shine brightly through the looming clouds so can I." She shouted.