• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 364 Views, 4 Comments

Star Light's Wish - prettyprinsses5



An inspirational journey, with a small miss understood and judged filly named star light. Her quest to unveiling a star which may have the answers she wants.

  • ...
 4
 364

A new night, different city.

"How did I know? Star Light, we need to make sure this doesn't happen again. You know you can't back chat a student, especially in front of the teacher" Nova sighed. Nova was Star Light's mother, she had a short golden brown mane and her tail was long and wavy. Her eyes were piercing emerald green and was beautiful, her coat was a light cream colour and was always free from dirt and other what not."I'm sorry mother, It wasn't my fault. They are all mean to me." Star Light bowed her head in shame. Nova had always tried to keep Star Light safe, like any parent would but Star Light being a victim of bullying didn't make it easier. Star Light was a strange looking filly, she had powerful magic of which is used for her science and astronomy projects, she was incredibly smart and always tried her best. This was one reason she was bullied, the next was her looks. She had a dark brown mane plated on one side the same with her tail. She also had an odd colored coat it consisted of light and dark purples. Her eyes where a pungent green. "Mother! It's not my fault." She started whimpering. Nova placed her hoof around her and pulled her in for a warming hug "I know it's not your fault my dear. I was looking for some where new to live. Ponyville have some great places and a brilliant school I hear, apparently bulling doesn't occur there as they're very strict with it. Would you like to go there instead?" Nova's reassuring words hit Star Light hard which encouraged a smile to spread. Star light looked up with watery eyes and shouted in reply "Oh yes please mother." She wrapped her hooves around her mother's chest and squeezed hard. It's been awhile since Nova saw her little girl smile like that, so she approved of Star Lights wish and moved into Ponyville.

Two days later......

Nova and Star Light got off the train from Canterlot into Ponyville. Stares shifted towards them. The intimidating eyes that followed Star Light were overwhelming. "Mother. People are staring at me." She whispered. Nova looked around and replied in a sweet tone "It's because we are new here, they don't recognize us so that will happen." Nova turned her head towards Star Light and nudged her with her nose and smiled. Star light lifted up her head and smiled at all the other ponies, giving them a hearty welcome, for this will be their new home and a new beginning.

As they arrived in Ponyville, the stares didn't stop, they carried on. It was as if it was a barricade hit all the town folk to protect them from the unknown. Whispers started to follow next. They carried on like the waves in the sea. One whisper struck Nova hard "What is that monstrosity?" Star Light didn't hear it...luckily but Nova's heart sunk to her gut, holding back tears she carried on walking with a smile on her face whilst on their way to their new home.

When they reached home after 20 minutes of continuous stares and bickering they were finally home. They unpacked their bags and started making an empty shell of a house into a warm happy home for the two. "Mother, can you help me with my school bag?" Star Light shouted from her room. Nova trotted up the stairs and entered the Star Lights room. Her room was full of stars and science work she had done. "Star Light we've only just moved in and your room is a mess." Star Light giggled "I'm sorry but you know how much work I have." Nova sighed, and helped Star Light with her school bag.

"Star Light it's getting late and you have your first day of school tomorrow. Can you go to bed please?" Nova said softly. "Yes mother." Star Light replied. Nova came back up the stairs and tucked Star Light into bed, and sung a lullaby

"The stars shine brightly, but they must rest.
For tomorrow night needs the light to see.
Go to sleep my darling foal.
For tomorrow is a day to reach your goal.
The moon is there to protect us all,
but one day it will need sleep.
so hush my darling, don't wake now,
for tomorrow will be one to see.
So go to sleep."

Starlight was finally asleep, and Nova did the same for tomorrow is a new day and one to hope all goes well.