• Published 2nd Apr 2013
  • 516 Views, 10 Comments

Carpe Diem - Beta Code



Silver Sheild is injured during training, grounding him for several months. He decideds to go back to his hometown in hopes it will take off some stress. But R&R may not be what he finds.

  • ...
 10
 516

Sticks and Stones

~Chapter 4~

I stared at the ceiling of my bedroom. I didn’t get much sleep last night to be honest, all I could think about was what Moon Flower had said to me last night:

“Hey Silver! Maybe you should talk to Panda when you get a chance. Maybe reconcile a little bit.”

Could I even do that?

I was so ashamed of myself I couldn’t even look her in the eye. And saying that she was seething would be an understatement. Even if I had the courage to look her straight in the eye and say ‘I’m sorry’ would she even accept that? Hell I’m surprised that she didn’t rip me in half when I saw her a couple days ago at the cafe.

But Moon was right, I have to try to at least talk to her. And yet, how could I do that? How could I even think for a second that I deserve to talk to her after what I did...

I guess I could use a little liquid courage to-NO! If I go to her plastered it would only make things worse. Damn it, I must look so pathetic right now. I looked at the clock next to my bed. Nine-thirty. Great, almost three hours of nothing but wallowing; I really am pathetic.

Reluctantly I rolled out of bed and went to take a cold shower in hope it would help clear my head. Luckily the restroom was just down the hall so even in my stupor it didn’t take long to trot over there; I really didn’t want to deal with my mum at the moment. I stood under the running water, not even bothering to shampoo my mane, and eventually my mind drifted to the to that very day.

-0-0-0-0-

My peaceful sleep was interrupted when the bedroom door was suddenly kicked open. “Get. Your ass. Downstairs. NOW!”

After I peeled myself off the ceiling and regained my composure the scene became evident. The mare that was next to me in bed was not my marefreind but rather her sister, Fox Plushie. And she looked just as horrified as I was. With heads hung low the two of us slowly made our way to the kitchen where Panda was impatiently waiting.

“So you mind telling me why you were in bed with my sister?”

I was silent. I tried to speak but it felt like the air around me was thin, and any words I tried to muster only got caught in my throat. And to make matters worse I found the tile at my hooves a lot more interesting than her.

“Panda look, I’m sorry. It was-”

“I bet you are Fox!” Panda spat sarcastically. “You know all our lives you always wanted what I had. But I never thought you would stoop as so Celestia damned low as to sleep with my freaking coltfriend!” She then turned her attention to me. “And what about you? What’s your excuse, hmm?”

Again words escaped me.

“Still giving me the silent treatment huh? Fine then, at least tell me...HOW IS YOUR HEAD FEELING?!”

I winced in pain. “Gah, not so loud.”

“Oh I’m sorry.” Panda then turned around and grabbed a pan from the cupboard, only to bang it several times against the counter. “How’s that?!”

“Just...fine.” I groaned through gritted teeth.

“SO I’ll ask you one more time, what is your excuse?”

“I..I don’t know. I was just drunk and-”

“Obviously. That has been your excuse since you’ve found the damned bottle. And would it hurt you to look at me?”

I finally lift my head up from the floor only to quickly look away. I couldn’t look at her. How could I?

“Get out...”

That got my attention. “What?”

“I said get out, we’re through. I want you gone and out of my life.”

“But...”

“Save it. I don’t want to see you. I want to hear from you. I don’t even want to think about you. Now get out of my house before I call the guards.”

-0-0-0-0-

“Silver, come on down to the kitchen when you’re done up there. I made biscuits.”

I snapped back to attention upon hearing my mothers voice. I was so caught up in my daydream that I didn’t even smell her backing. “I’ll be down in a jiff.” I called back as I stepped out of the shower. I quickly dried myself and trotted off downstairs. “Morning.”

“Hello dear.” she greeted as she placed a plate of cookies and milk in front of me. “I’d thought you’d like a little comfort food.”

Curse you mothers intuition! “Thanks mum.” I took a bite of one of the biscuits, mint chocolate chunk, my favorite and my mum’s specialty.

“So what's wrong? You don’t usually stay in the house this long.”

I was silent for a bit. I really didn’t feel like talking but I knew that she would just keep prying until I told her. “Just thinking.”

“About?”

I scratched the back of my neck. “Panda, mostly.”

“You mean Panda Doll, your old marefreind? I thought you two broke up?”

“We did, but we didn’t exactly leave on good terms. I’ve been thinking about going over and trying to reconcile.”

“Well I think that’s very admirable of you.”

“Not with what I pulled last time. I’m afraid to even face her.”

“While you’re still in town you should at least try to talk to her. She lives not to far off from her old house, just a few blocks.”

I nodded. “Yeah you’re right. I guess I’ll stop by Sugar Cube Corner on my way since I’m already heading in that direction.” I stuffed a few more cookies in my mouth and chugged down the last of the milk. “I’ll be back.”



-0-0-0-0-

I looked at the odd building in front of me in complete awe and wonder. When I was little Sugar Cube Corner had just opened and looked like a typical shop. But now it was renovated to look like a giant gingerbread house! I knew that the owners were...eccentric to say the least, but this really take the cake!

Pun fully intended.

After finally gawking over the building I stepped inside and immediately the scent of hot and fresh pastries of all kinds surged my nostrils. If there ever was a heaven…

“Hey there Little Sil, long time no see!” Mr.Cake greeted me with a smile so large you’d swear his face would crack.

“Yes it has been. I remember when the Corner was just a little shop.”

Suddenly I was face to face with a bright pink blur. “Hi there, I’m Pinkie Pie! What’s your name?”

The abrupt appearance of this overly hyperactive mare startled me, to say the least, causing my wings to flap open. “...You know for being broken you seem to want to work quite well. My name’s Silver Shield by the way.”

“Boy you have a funny accent. Where are you from?”

“My parents are from Trottingham.” Ok technically there from just south of Trottingham by a few mile, but details. I sniffed the air, smelling something...crispy. “Do you smell something burning.

“MY CUPCAKES!” And as quickly as she appeared she was gone. How exactly does she-Nope! No, not going to ask.

“Speaking of witch, can I have a half-dozen red velvet cupcakes? There for a friend.”

“No problem Silver.” He walks back into the kitchen and comes back out a couple minutes later with a small box in hoof. “Here you go! That’ll be twelve bits.”

“Thanks. I’ll see you guys later.” I pay for the treats and I continue my way onto Pandas house.

I pray to Celestia that my peace offering works.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for the short chapter, but I decided to cut it in half. I've actually been sick for a while witch has made it difficult for me to write and I didn't want you all to wait any more then you already have.