• Published 3rd Apr 2013
  • 1,081 Views, 24 Comments

Defining Points - DarkwingSnark



A series of word prompt drabbles centered around the elements of Laughter and Honesty. ApplePie.

  • ...
3
 24
 1,081

Series One

DEFINING POINTS

By: Snark

Summary: A series of word prompt drabbles centered around the elements of Laughter and Honesty. ApplePie.

-0-0-0-0-0-

.:Abasement:.

Humiliation was an emotion Applejack was familiar with. As the element of honesty, the farm pony tended to find herself in unwanted situations more than she cared to admit. And when her pink fillyfriend was thrown into the mix, Pinkie’s hyper behavior and abandon was known to make Applejack want to hide her blush under her hat and find a way to save face. However, that being said, Applejack was never ashamed to admit just how much the baker meant to her, and would happily say it to any pony that asked.

.:Prescription:.

“Pinkie…”

“No!”

“Pinkie, stop foolin’ and just take it already.”

“NO!”

“Tain’t THAT bad, come on now.”

“NO NO NO NO!”

The two earth ponies stared each other down, both stubborn about who would win this fight. Applejack, however, felt she had this one in the bag, as she glared down at her sick friend. Pinkie Pie had managed to catch herself a case of the flu, and it had gotten so bad that she couldn’t do anything- let alone work or throw any of her famous parties. Yet here she was, refusing to take her medicine, even though she felt miserable. The baker had refused for days, and it seemed nothing the Cakes said or did could convince Pinkie to do what Pinkie didn’t want to.

That was when they called in for reinforcements.

“Pinkamena Diane Pie, “ Applejack began, getting on her hind hooves to show she meant business. “Don’t ya make me get rough on ya; ‘cause ah’ll wrestle ya if ah have t’.”

Pinkie shook her head violently, clamping her mouth shut as forcefully as she could- no nasty stinking medi-awfuls were going to get in her. No way, no how ,nuh-UH! As an extra precaution, the immature baker threw her blanket over her head as a shield.

If it deterred the farmer, Applejack didn’t let it show as she immediately grabbed the covers between her teeth and began to pull. Pinkie Pie squeaked in alarm, as she tried to tug them back. Both were surprised as they had forgotten just how strong the other could be, when determined to have their way, and a match of strength commenced.

Pull-tug.

Hee-ho.

The battle didn’t last long, however, because where the pink mare had unexplainable strength…she didn’t currently have her usual party-going stamina. Pinkie Pie peeped as she was dragged along with her covers, and landed on the floor onto her face. Applejack quickly took advantaged, as she flipped over and pinned down the other mare.

“Ready to cooperate, sugarcube?”

“Never!”

“Have it yer way, then.”

Before Pinkie could argue any further, she was stunned when Applejack’s lips crashed into hers for a forceful kiss. As the farmer pulled back, Pinkie just gawked as her brain took a minute to put itself back together.
A minute was all Applejack needed to shove the nearby spoonful of medicine into the other mare’s mouth.

“An’ there, all done! It wasn’t that bad, now was it, Pinkie?”

Oh, the taste was worse than she could have possibly imagined! Ugh! Pinkie Pie was still licking her teeth, trying to get all the yucky stuff to hurry up and leave her poor sensitive Pinkie mouth. But that kiss before it…

The pink mare found herself smiling for the first time in days, as she answered her friend sincerely.

“No, it wasn’t bad at ALL!”

.:Epicure:.

It was no secret that when it came to tastes, Applejack was extremely biased. Everything was second best when it came to apples. Apple pie was always better than cherry. Apple juice was superior to the orange variety by a hundred and fifty percent. (“Not subjective there, jus’ scientific numerical truths”, she would tell anyone who tried to argue with her figures.) And when it came to pastries, what was going to win out? Chocolate chip cupcakes? HA! It was apple fritters all the way!

So it would be no surprise to any pony, when it came her favorite scent, it would be the aroma that lingered on her pink fillyfriend after she just got done baking some good ol’ fashion apple pies. When one couldn’t tell where the mare began and where the apple ended, as Applejack buried her nose into the baker’s bouncy mane. Though, if she took the time to consider, Pinkie’s original scent was a very close second.

.:Intangible:.

“Ugh! How extremely revolting. Just sickening to all my senses!”

“Um…”

“Look, Fluttershy, just LOOK at them! See how they flaunt their cutesy gushy affection out in public! People just have no shame these days. No shame at ALL.”

“Um, well, Discord,” the draconequus' pastel companion began, “to be fair…Aren’t they having a private picnic, and, uh, aren’t we the ones….spying on them?”

Discord closed the opening in the bushes he had made for them to see, as he turned to the smaller animal. Fluttershy squeaked softly, as she hid herself behind her hair and away from Discord’s glower. His look softened as he turned away and flexed his wrist in an uninterested manner, brushing off what she said, before going back to spying on the elements of laughter and honesty.

“Public- private, in town- in a secluded part of Apple Acre’s orchards- it makes no difference, really. The point is that it’s being DONE!”

“And this…bothers you?”

“Yes! Full heartedly! You mortals have such an annoying habit of going around, falling head over hooves in love with each other, and then doing everything in your power to show everybody else just how happy and twitterpated you are. And your friends aren’t any different.

“What, are you telling me it doesn’t bother YOU?”

Fluttershy was silent as she looked out at her friends. Pinkie Pie was busy snuggling under the farmer, as Applejack was busy finishing off the remaining bit of her apple fritter. They both began to laugh as the pink mare started to lick and tickle Applejack’s chin.

Fluttershy had never seen either of them that content before.

“No. It doesn’t bother me one bit. And while I’ll say I was, um, surprised to find my friends like this…I am very happy for them. All that matters to me is Pinkie Pie and Applejack’s happiness and well being. I wish them all the luck.”

“Ugh. If I wanted to hear such a sappy response, I would have gone to visit ol’ Trollestia instead.”

“Discord…”

“Now now, don’t get jealous. I would never choose a stuffy old princess over my friend.” The male creature couldn’t help but say the word in a mocking tone, even though he had found himself having genuine affection for the young mare. If Fluttershy was bothered, she didn’t show it. “Nevertheless, your little speech still doesn’t change my mind on the matter.”

“No, I didn’t think it would.” Fluttershy smiled softly as she closed the gap in the bushes once more, and held her companion’s paw. “But that’s okay. You just learned about friendship, I’m sure you’ll eventually learn about other types of affection in due time. But now, I say we go do something other than, uh, spy on those two….if you don’t mind?”

Amused by her response, Discord laughed as he gave in. He picked Fluttershy up as he strutted away from their hiding spot.

“Oh, all right. But only because it was getting boring, anyway. Now if you want to see something really amusing, I know a place just three solar systems away from here that’s just to DIE for!”

Fluttershy didn’t quite feel reassured by her friend’s choice of words, and almost wished they had continued to spy instead, as Discord transported them both away in a flash of light.

-0-0-0-0-0-

Author's Note:

AN:
And end of the first series of drabbles. I just thought it made sense to post as a few per chapter, since they are all so short.

Also, Discord is waaaay too much fun to write. That, and fluttercord friendship in general. If not in this drabble series, I will def need to make a project so I can write more in the future.