• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 1,157 Views, 16 Comments

Dinky goes to school - jojijijmz



Dinky Doo goes to school with the CMC and class, what will become of the unicorn filly? why are the two rich ponies so mean to her? find out in Dinky goes to school

  • ...
2
 16
 1,157

Chapter 2

Dinky looked down at the scenery of ponyville, eyes wide as she gaped at the scenery before, sure, she had seen ponyville from above plenty of times, but it still made her struck with awe
every single time her mother flew over the small town. She loved to look down upon the denizens of the humble village as if she was some goddess upon her perch, watching over the daily lives of ponies as if they were something of a trivial matter. She always loved these moments, with her mother flying, occasionally checking on her, every time she was met with the still remaining presence of her daughter, she smiled kindly. Dinky embraced the rush of wind blowing her blonde mane in her face and let go, closing her eyes as she relaxed. The air was so...tranquil, nothing except the cool air and her mother, a moment of serenity between the two. Dinky sighed regretfully as her mother dropped. However, her emotions changed when she saw the beaming schoolhouse, with fillies and colts crowded around the entrance. Ponyville primary. Today was the day, the day where she should prove her worth and clean the name of her and her mother. Today was the day of school.

Ditsy landed, and Dinky jumped out, shaking in her hooves with the anticipation of the events that were to follow. Disty calmly placed a hoof on her daughter’s shoulder smiling reassuringly as she tilted her head forward. Dinky was smiling, anticipating what was to come.

“I love you little muffin.” Ditsy said, facing tears, “you’re growing up, and I bet you’re gonna be the smartest filly in the class, just remember, tell if anypony is mean to, and make sure you learn.” She hugged her daughter, and winced when Dinky crushed her in the warm embrace of her daughter.

“I love you mommy, I’ll do the best I can.” She let go, to her mothers’ relief, and ran into the mass of fillies and colts crowding out of the front of the school. Ditsy realized the inconvenient time, and flew off to her job at the ponyville postal service. Floating off, leaving her daughter to a hopefully good day.

Ten fillies and colts jumped into the room, quickly claiming desks in the small cottage. DInky was the last inside, due to letting many fillies push past her to take their seats. She sighed, trotting into the room, bouncing with every step. She inquisitively turned her head to the walls, all covered in bookshelves and the drawings of students. It was very, warm and welcoming, she only hoped the teacher would be the same. She smiled, examining the walls and looking at the desks, there were a few empty ones, and Dinky chose one in the very front, so she could answer more questions. She sat down, drawing her books and pencils from the saddlebag. Her hoof shook as she felt the rough interior of the bag and pulled out her practical guide to basic magic. Placing it on top of the gigantic pile of books on her desk. She smiled, now she was ready to learn.

Just as she completed this task, a magenta mare with a kind smile on her face and pink hair trotted into the room.

“Hello everypony!” she said in a kind voice.

“Hello mrs. Cheerilee!” The class replied, some blanky, yet some enthusiastic. Yet one voice was elated, the voice of the small grey-purple filly. She had a bright smile and was literally shaking in her seat. Cheerilee smiled back, truly gleeful at a student who cared about her class. Cheerilee stood confidently at the head of the class.

“Now, I’d like to begin today with a little introduction, we have a new student!” SHe pointed at dinky, raising her hoof. Dinky understood this as a sign that she should stand, and she followed suit, actually getting a good view of the class. Everypony was staring at her. She could see the cutie mark crusaders in the second row, scoodaloo seemed to be drawing up plans for whatever cutie mark they were trying to find next. While applebloom and Sweetie belle were looking at her like all the other fillies. Also, two fillies were sitting next to her that she knew as Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, the two fillies who had gotten their cutie marks first in their class. Diamond Tiara made jewelry and SIlver Spoon was a good cook, at least her parents thought that, as well as her flank. In fact, everypony had their cutie marks, except for her and the crusaders. She gulped, feeling a mixture of satisfaction that she wasn’t the only blank flank, and yet she was petrified that all of these fillies were eyeing her up, looking at her as a lion examined its food.

“Ummmm...hello?” She murmured, sinking down. She avoided the gaze of the class, gazing at only her hooves. She could hear hoofsteps, and saw cheerilee coming towards her in her peripheral vision. The teacher laid her hoof on Dinky’s back, comforting the filly.

“C’mon, tell the class your name, there’s nothing to be afraid of, everypony is welcomed in this school!” She said, a calm reassuring voice gave dinky an ounce of courage and she looked at the glass again. She gulped.

“I’m D....Dinky Doo, and I ummm...I like reading and magic and learning.” She mustered, saying the words as quickly as she could to get this awkward moment over with. Cheerilee nodded, letting Dinky sit again.

“Well now that we’re done with that, let’s get to math, now can anypony tell me what eight times eight is?” Dinky’s Hoof shot into the air.

“Yes, Dinky.” Cheerilee said, smiling at the prospect that the little filly had the courage to raise her hoof to a difficult question.
“Sixty Four” Dinky answered, beaming.

“Would you like to come up to the board?” She asked gingerly, hoping that Dinky would forget her embarrassment. Dinky nodded and trotted to the board, picking up the chalk in her hoof as she drew the numbers out on the board. After she was done, she stepped from the board to admire her work. She closed her eyes, and enunciated how she solved it.

“So pretty much, what I did was do eight plus eight eight times, and got sixty-four!”
Cheerilee clapped, sending dinky back to her seat.

“ Yes everypony, that is exactly what you do, Dinky did a wonderful job. DInky blushed, and sunk into her seat, afraid of all the attention she was getting. A small purple hoof raised into the air, and cheerilee called on it.

“Yes Diamond?”

“I don’t get what’s the big deal, multiplication sounds just like adding, it seems just seems really easy.” She said in a posh voice, yet the voice held bitter shards of cruelty and jealousy.

“Well if it’s so easy, why don’t you tell me what twelve times twelve is?” Diamond sank into her seat, sweating nervously. She ran up to the board and began scribbling random numbers.

“Ummmmmmm...” She contemplated, writing all over the board.

“Twenty four?” She said reluctantly, setting her chalk on the front desk.

“I’m sorry Diamond, that isn’t correct, maybe try listening instead of trying to make others look bad.” Cheerilee glanced daggers into Diamond Tiara, as she walked to her desk, ashamed.

“Now then, may I elaborate on Dinky’s lesson?” She asked, the class nodded, and she broke down the problem down on the board, and explained the problem Dinky just completed.
After a quick lesson on the history of winter wrap-up, Mrs. Cheerilee Dismissed the class for lunch, nodding slightly in Dinky’s direction as she exited the door. Meanwhile, Diamond Tiara walked among the horde of students, hearing them speak of this morning.

“Man, Diamond totally got her flank kicked by that new pony!” She heard Scooldaloo say as she talked to the rest of the cutie mark crusaders. Diamond winced, that stupid filly had made her look bad, just because she was trying to make sure she just knew her place among her betters who actually had cutie marks unlike those stupid blank flanks. Ugh, she shuddered at the thought of not being special of being one of those stupid blank flanks, that’s what her father told her, that she had no buisness even talking to those filthy things, they weren’t even regular ponies. They were mistakes, celestia should just banish all of their, filthy, lowlife, scumness to where nopony would have to associate with them. After all, it was their fault they weren’t special, their fault that they didn’t deserve to even touch someone the likes of her. After all, she was a pure earth pony, not horrific monsters like the pegasi and unicorns, they were all freaks in her eyes, and her father’s. She would teach that stupid dinky that she was superior, and that she would never be as good at anything as her, after all, it was just the natural order of things. AT least that’s what her father had told her.