• Published 1st Apr 2013
  • 1,157 Views, 16 Comments

Dinky goes to school - jojijijmz



Dinky Doo goes to school with the CMC and class, what will become of the unicorn filly? why are the two rich ponies so mean to her? find out in Dinky goes to school

  • ...
2
 16
 1,157

Chapter 1

Dinky ran about her small room, sweat beading down her forehead as she looked about. Her blonde mane was in disarray as she zipped from one area of her room to another. The room was modest, it had simple white walls and a small red bed, one wall of the room was adorned with a large bookshelf, each full of titles varying from fiction to magic to lizards. Although she had a very large space to hold books, her floor was covered with short piles of books due to her very large collection. She balanced herself, digging her hooves into the carpet as she halted before a small pile of books. Her eyes scanned the room quickly as she searched.

“nononononononononono.” She muttered to herself, scanning the bookshelf, running her hoof over the titles to make sure she could see the books in their full identity. Hearing this disarray, Ditsy leaned into the room, her light blonde mane bouncing slightly as she leaned into the room.

“Dinky, what in the name of Celestia are you doing here?” She asked quizzically, raising her eyebrow to physically display her vexation at the events occurring in front of her. Dinky paused again, her small frame bracing. She stared at her mother, eyes wide with stress.

“Mom… do you know where my practical guide to basic magic is?” She spurted, the words coming from her were quick and immediate.

“Slow down honey” Ditsy said kindly, trotting into the room, watching her hooves as she danced through the room as not to disturb the books. I need to get her a new bookshelf she thought to herself as she navigated the labyrinthine structure of books on her daughter’s floor. “Remember, you left on your sheets last night when you were reading it after you were supposed to be sleeping.” She said, a smirk on her face. Dinky shuddered at the thought of her mother knowing she had been reading at night.

Dinky sighed happily, surrounding the dilapidated book with a purple aura as she placed It in the bulging saddlebags clinging to Velvet’s side. She lifted the flap and wedged the book in with all the other supplies in the bag. Velvet had been reading that book nonstop, practicing her magic nonstop ever since Twilight had told her about how she got her cutie mark. She was nearly infuriated that she couldn’t use magic yet, even though the other unicorn fillies in town had already begun to write using magic instead of their teeth.

Ditsy hovered in the air to keep from toppling the disorganized books as she left the room, her eyes crossed. Dinky sighed, this was her first day of school, all of the other fillies had been for a year now and she was still forced to wait with her mother still confused on whether she knew her ABC’s or not. This day would change her life, and her reputation, how she presented herself, decided the outcome of her whole young life! Her mother had a reputation for clumsiness, and she hoped it didn’t carry to her, she was adopted anyways. Not like she would tell anypony that, but still, she needed to be sure her mother couldn’t ruin her life. She always felt sad inside when she remembered her mother could be very embarrassing, she was smarter that most ponies, and dinky loved her mother with all her heart, but others just saw her as a nuisance, a mistake, they probably thought of Dinky the same way. Dinky vowed that she would secure her, and her mother in a place of honor, and show that she was smart. This was her chance, to prove herself, and to learn. She smiled, made sure her bags were on tight, and raced out of her room into the small kitchen of the family’s humble cottage. Ditsy was sitting on their round wooden table, holding a muffin between her front hooves, munching on it happily. Dinky trotted with her small hooves aver to the table.

“Hey mommy, ready to go!” Dinky said, shaking with the sheer anticipation of the events that were to follow, school, she was going to school, much to her mother’s grief. Ditsy sighed, but was still happy, she knew she would have to let go of her little muffin, even though she feared that her clumsiness would affect her daughter’s social life.

“Wait” Ditsy said, holding up a hoof “ you need to get some breakfast my little muffin!”

“B…but mom! I wanna get to school already!”

“School won’t start until seven-thirty, you need to eat!” Ditsy cooed, her eyes crossing again, and she dropped the small glass of orange juice in her other hoof onto the wooden floor of the cottage, she cursed under her breath, letting her wings carry her over to the site of the spill. One of her derp moments, again. She sighed, but found a small purple filly rushing towards her.

“What is it muf-“ Ditsy asked, fearful that her daughter would cut her hooves on the glass, but before she could interject, Dinky began straining, all four hooves digging into the floor. Dinky gritted her eyes, beads of sweat cascading from her forehead. Her horn began to spark, and soon her horn was surrounded with a yellow glow. The pieces of the broken glass were beginning to shake as they were surrounded with a yellow aura, they lifted simultaneously, but the aura dissipated, and Dinky laid on the ground, exhausted. But even worse was her mood, she had tried to fix the glass, tried to make things better, tried to make her mommy proud, but instead she fell short. Dink slumped down on the floor, looking at her hooves with the dismay of her failure. Her eyes trembled, threatening the coming of tears, but instead, the filly placed her rump on the ground, and stared at the broken glass.

Ditsy sensed the sadness emanating from her daughter and quickly moved to embrace and comfort her little muffin, only to find her moving away from her embrace. Dinky turned to her mother, looking down at the ground.

“Im sorry mommy, I only wanted to help, but I can’t do anything helpful.” She motioned to the glass, now in smaller shards. “I’m just useless, I’m a unicorn and I even mess magic up.” Ditsy put her hoof on her daughter’s shoulder and smiled.

“Come on my little muffin, don’t mope around, you just lifted multiple objects, in the air, all by yourself, we should be celebrating!” Dinky looked up at her mother, wiping the small amounts of tears from her face so she could truly see her mother looming above her.

“y…you really mean that?” She asked, mouth slightly ajar, awaiting an answer from her mother.

“Of course muffin, you are amazing, and you are very special, don’t let anybody, including you, tell you otherwise.” Ditsy smiled reassuringly, and Dinky replied with a nod before tilting her head towards the clock above the simple cabinetry of the cottage to see the time was seven fifteen. Dinky bolted up, leaving her past emotions behind quickly. Ditsy smiled and flew after her, grabbing her mail bag. She landed next to her daughter on the yard, careful not to trample the flowers lining the grass patch in front of their blue bungalow. She kneeled down, saddlebag open, and dinky gleefully climbed inside, her head and two fore hooves poking out in a way that Ditsy always found adorable. With a nod, Ditsy took off, struggling only for the brief moment when the full weight of the two mares was on Ditsy’s wings. But soon she was stable, and flew over the rolling green hills of their small neighborhood. Dinky had come to peace with herself, she was going to prove to all those who thought she and her mommy were stupid and clumsy, she would prove them wrong, for her family.

Author's Note:

I do not own anything from MLP
BTW - this is my first fanfic so leave any critisisms and edits, my editor currently is my sister so, I need some more help.