• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 647 Views, 9 Comments

New Life in a Nicer place. - Zoom



It does not matter where we are. Because me & my friends will help somepony that needs help!

  • ...
7
 9
 647

Chapter 3: Greetings and Explanations

Chapter 3

Greetings and Explanations


I woke up the next morning only to find Chilly Wind staring inches from my face. I jumped backwards and hit the floor with a THUD. As I was trying to get back up, I heard laughter from both Chilly and Zen. Gee whiz, something tells me that I now have a comidian for a little brother, I thought to myself. I looked up and saw that Zen was still chuckling, and Chilly was looking at me with a sheepish look on his face. Heh, I can't stay mad to a face like that.

"C'mere you", I told Chilly. He walked up to me and gave me a hug, then I gave him playful noogie. After we had our little fun, Zen told us that we had to go the train station to get to Ponyville. We got to the train station alright...at 5:30 in morning and the train to Ponyville does not arrive until 7:30. I decided to ask Zen something that I forgot ask earlier.

"Hey Zen", I started, "can I ask you some questions?"

"Sure, just one minute," He said as he turned to face his son, "Sky you can go play with Chilly while Zoom and I talk."

Sky nodded and went to play with Chilly Wind.

"Okay Zoom," Zen began, "whats on your mind?"

"Its about Sky and Chilly, as in; What their special talents are."

"Ah yes, you can see that Sky has a yellow star cutie mark, right? Well, Sky can fly in the dark."

"Isn't that dangerous?"

"Not to him."

"Okay, what about Chilly?"

"As for Chilly, he is different: He has TWO special talents.

"TWO?!"

"Uh-huh, that windtoy cutie mark of his means two things: His sense of humor, AND his wind powers."

"Wind powers?"

"When he sneezes REAL BIG."

"Oh..."

Then, somepony tapped my shoulder, startling me in the process. I turn around and saw that one of Princess Celestia's royal guards was standing right behind me. However, he didn't say anything, instead the guard gave me a scroll, saluted, and then walked away. When that was over, I looked at Zen, who just shrugged in return. At the same time, Sky and Chilly Wind came up to us, looking at the scroll. I decided to read the scroll out loud. I said:

Dear Zoom,

When you get to Ponyville, go to the library to meet the mane six. Don't worry, for I have sent a letter explaining your arrival. As for your friends, Tropic Forest and Meadow, they will arrive tomorrow.

Princess Celesia



Right after I finished the letter, we heard the train coming, and Zen went to get the tickets while I watch the colts. When Zen came back, we got on the train, and went to our seats.

PONYVILLE, HERE WE COME!!!


(THIRD PERSON)

Meanwhile, in Ponyville, Twilight Sparkle was waiting for her friends, so they could help setup the,"Welcome to Ponyville," party. The only problem is that they are two hours late, and she is starting to panic.

"OOh...Where are they?" Twilight asked herself.

Then there was a crash, followed by a familier, "OW!"

Then the door opened up and all of her friends came in.

"Sorry we're late, Twi'," Applejack said

"Don't worry, at least Princess Celestia told us about them."

"OK, we have a party to prepare!" Pinkie Pie shouted.

"She's right, we got two hours before they arrive."


(FIRST PERSON)


We are finally here in Ponyville. After we got off the train, we were met by two mares and one filly. There was a unicorn mare with turquiose coat, a mane & tail coloured powder blue with a white stripe, and a lyre for a cutie mark. The other mare was a earth pony with a cream coat, mane & tail with dark blue with a pink highlight, and three wrapped candys for a cutie mark. As for the little filly, she was a unicorn with a light blue coat, a purple mane & tail, and a pink flower for a cutie mark. The mares had pleasent smiles, with the young filly looked at us with a glum expression.

"Hello, sirs," The turquiose unicorn said, "Welcome to Ponyville."

"Thank you, ma'am," I began, "My name is Zoom and this is my little brother, Chilly Wind. This is my friend, Zen, and his son, Sky," I said while pointing them.

Nice to meet you, I'm Lyra." She said. Then she pointed to the cream coloured . "This is my wife,Bon Bon." Wife?. Bon Bon just waved at us. "And this is our daughter, Tootsie Flute." The young filly looked at us then looked away from us. I wonder why she is so sad?

While I was looking at Tootsie Flute, Chilly went up to Bon Bon.

"Miss Bon Bon, Why is she so sad," He asked.

She then gave a worried glance to Lyra, who gave a nod in return, Bon Bon began to tell us.

It all happened about a month ago," She explained. "Tootsie was at school playing with her friends one day when she saw a young unicorn colt looking her in a peaceful way. This colt had a dark tan coat and a black mane & tail. He called to her and she went over to him. He told her that his name was Slick Stone and said that she looked cute. You can guess what happened next; they started to hang out more and more each day, they even went on a date with each other, it was love at first sight. Until one day something bad happened.

Tootsie was looking for him, but when she found him, what she saw broke her heart. That colt was kissing another filly! That jerk saw her as the other filly somehow passed out and fell to the floor. With a wicked grin on his face, he walked over to Tootsie Flute, who knew that something was going to happened to her. However; before she could move, "Slick" used his magic to tie her up. But, before he could do anything to her, Ms. Cheerilee the teacher saw what going on, and he ran off. The bad part is, ever since then Tootsie has been sad."

We all stood still, shocked that such a thing could happen, when Chilly spoke up:

"Wait a minute, did this jerk have on a black leather jacket with matching shades?"

Tootsie Flute looked surprised when he said that. She gave a nod in return.

"Well, that jerk is in jail. You see, he tried to do the same thing at the orphanage, only this time he didn't get away. I caught him red hoofed and bucked some of his teeth out." WOW! I better stay on his good side...

Tootsie's eyes started to water when she said: "You mean he won't come back t-to...hurt m-me?"

"Never again-OOF!" was all he could say before Tootsie gave him a big hug that knocked the air out of him. Chilly was both surprised and overwelmed by all the affection he was gettng. As for the rest of us, all of our reactions were different: Zen chuckled at scene; Sky smiled at them; Lyra & Bon Bon looked at each other with a prou smile and a sigh of releif. As for me, I was thinking of two things: The first thing was, Well, I'll be...; and the other thing was, Well done, little brother, it looks like you have made a lifelong friend. When Tootsie Flute finally lets go of Chilly Wind, he passed out with a sheepish grin on his face.

"Thank you," Bon Bon said. "If you hadn't shown up,our daughter would have been sad forever. If you need anything, just name it"

"Actually there is," Zen said. "Do you know the library is?"

"Sure, see that giant tree over there? THAT is library."


"Thank you, but we need to be going now, bye."

I picked up Chilly and the four of us went straight for the library. Little did I know what was going to happen...


15 later minutes, after getting my little brother to wake up, we arrived at the library. Zen knocked on the door, but there was no answer. He looked at me with a confused expression, I just shrugged, so we just went in. However, as we entered, it was dark inside. Strange. Then for some reason, the door slamed shut, the lights turned on, and a group of mares come out of nowhere shouting:

SURPRISE!!!

"AAAAH!!" I yelled as I jumped about 5 feet off the floor...and landed on my face. Strangly, Zen and the two colts did the samething to I did. As we were getting up, I look up to find one of the mares right in front of me. This mare had a pink coat, a poofy magenta mane, and 3 balloons for a cutie mark.

"Hi, I'm Pinkie Pie," the pink pony said, "And we made this party for you! Were you surprised, huh, huh, huh?!"

I only nodded, still in shock. Before Pinkie Pie could say anything else, one of the other mares dragged her away.

"Sorry about that, Pinkie Pie can be overwelming, but you'll get used to it." I take a look at the pony talking and she is unicorn mare with a light purple coat, a dark purple mane with a pink stripe, and her cutie mark was a violet 6-pointed with 5 white stars surrounding it. "Anyway, my name is Twilight Sparkle."

"It's nice to meet you, Miss Sparkle"

"Please, call me Twilight." She moved to one side as another mare walked up to us. This mare was a pegasus with a cyan coat, a rainbow mane(?),a cloud with a rainbow lightning bolt for a cutie mark.

"Hey, the name is Rainbow Dash." The rainbow haired pony said. "And I'm the fastest flyer in all of Equestria."

"Well then, Miss Dash, can you teach me how to fly?"

"You bet!"

Then a pony in a stenson hat came up. The mare was an Earth pony with an orange coat, a blonde mane, and 3 apples for a cutie mark. But before I could say anything, she grabbed my hoof, and it felt like my entire body was shaking! "Howdy pardner, ma name's Applejack." She said in a south-western accent.

"Uh...AJ?" Twilight said."I think you're shaking him too hard."

Then she finally stops shaking me."Sorry 'bout that."

"No problem."

After that was over, a unicorn mare with a white coat, a styled purple mane, a 3 diamonds for a cutie mark, came over to us. She looked at me with a thoughtful expression. I guess she was judging me on how I look. She then saw the confused expression on my face and spoke up. "Oh! Sorry if I making you feel uncomfortable," The white mare said. "My name is Rarity and I was looking at you to see if you have any dirt on you." Oh brother...

Before I could say something, I noticed a shivering pink tail under the table. "Rarity, what is that?" I asked, pointing to the table. She sighed and went to the table. When she got there, she used to pull out a shivering Pegasus mare. The pegasus pony had a light yellow coat, a light pink mane, and 3 pink butterflies for a cutie mark. What I don't understand is why she so scared. That is when Twilight speaks up.

"Don't worry," Twilight says. "This is Fluttershy she gets nervous meeting other ponies."

I turn to look at Fluttershy, who is giving me a shy smile, so I gave her a smile in return. After we were done with the introductions, the party went on through the night.


Everything is settled. When everypony left, Twilight told us that it would be a good idea for Zen and I to enroll Sky and Chilly Wind at the school in Ponyville. I told her that I will, after Meadow and Tropic Forest arrives tomorrow morning. All of us agreed. She then took us to our rooms upstairs. Before we went upstairs, I saw that Zen was staring at the floor,and he seemed to be lost in thought.Twilight and I looked at each other then back at Zen.

"Zen,you OK?" I asked with concern.

"Hmm? Oh!" Zen said."I'm just thinking of somepony."

"Who?"

"A female zebra named Zecora."

"Wait a minute." Twilight said with a surprised look on her face."Did you say Zecora?"

"Yes I did."

"Well then,you are in luck because she is my friend."

In all my life I have never seen ones' jaw drop like that.

"Zecora is here...?" Was all he said.

Yes but not right now. She went to Appleloosa to get a special plant for a cure. Don't worry, she will be back in a few days"

Seeing that Zen was satisfied with that answer, we all went to our rooms and into bed.However,before I went to sleep, there was one thing still nagging at me: Protect Ponyville from what?