• Published 13th Apr 2013
  • 1,539 Views, 9 Comments

My Little Pony: Masks are Fun Toys - EncoreTheBatpony



A certainin mask finds itself in Ponyville and boy are the folks in for a surprise.

  • ...
6
 9
 1,539

The Discovery

It was bright sunny day in Ponyville. Ponies of all kinds were walking the streets, saying 'Hello' to one another as they walked past each other. The Ponyville library was quiet as usual. Twilight was sitting on her bed reading a book. Her dragon Spike was taking his mid-afternoon nap. Twilight's friends had their own things to do today.

She closed her book and when downstairs to fix herself some tea. Once she got to her kitchen, she saw that she was out of her special herb tea.

"Oh darn, I forgot to go to Zecora's to get the tea." She said to herself. She lifted a piece of paper and her quill, to leave a note for Spike in case he woke up and she was still out. She grabbed her saddle bags and fastened them, she trotted out of the library.
-----------------------
As Twilight walked though town, she came across her friend Applejack working her apple stand.

"Howdy Twilight!" The orange mare said to Twilight.

"Hey Applejack. How's business?"

"Slow, but we're selling. "

Twilight felt bad for the lack of business, she decided to by a few apples.

"I'll buy a dozen apples off you AJ."

"Thanks a bunch Twi. That will be six bits."

"Here you go." Twilight said giving Applejack the bits and taking the bag of apples.

"See you later Applejack."

"Ok sugarcube. Tell Spike I said 'Hi' ."

"I will" Twilight yelled as she rounded the corner.
------------------
The next 10 minutes to Zecora's were quite peaceful. Twilight enjoyed the peace and quiet, it gave her time to think. She arrived at the apothecary's hut a few minutes later, the smell of magic in the air.

"My dear Twilight, oh oh oh! What brings you to my humble home?" The potion maker asked the unicorn.

"Hi Zecora, I came here to get some more herbal tea from you."

"Ah, my tea does appease the taste does it not? Do you drink it warm, cool, frozen or hot?"

"That it does Zecora ... I like my tea rather hot."

Zecora then went to the back of her hut to fetch the tea for Twilight. She came out a few moments later and gave Twilight the tea.

"Thanks again Zecora." Twilight said as she walked out the hut and into the path out of the Everfree forest.

After a few minutes of walking, Twilight was enjoying the slience of the forest when suddenly she tripped over something and fell down. "What the buck?" she said as she slowly got up and looked to see what tripped her.

She looked down and saw that it is a wooden mask that caused her to trip.

"A mask? That's it?" she said as she picked it up in her magic and looked at it. The mask was brown and small, like it only covered the face of a pony. It was a pony face shaped mask.

"Hmm Interesting. I think I'll look over this at home later." Twilight said as she opened her saddle bag and put the mask in there. "I think I'll stop by Sugarcube Corner and buy something for Spike.". She then started her walk out of the forest, but what she didn't see was a soft green glow come from her bags with the mask in it,
----------------------
"TWILIGHT!!!" Yelled Pinkie Pie as the lavender unicorn walked through the door.

"Hi Pinkie, how are you today?"

"OH I'm superdupperawesometasticulitmateterffiacfantastic! How are you?" said the hyper pink pony.

"I'm fine, I just came by to buy some cupcakes for Spike."

"AWW thats sweet of you Twilight. Here take a free dozen cupcakes for Spike."

"WOW FREE?! Thanks Pinkie are you sure?"

"Heck yeah. We sold really today. Besides those are the last cupcakes for the day."

"Thanks Pinkie, I'll tell Spike you said 'Hi'" said Twilight.

"Ok BYE!" Pinkie said as she waved to Twilight.
-------------------
"SPIKE I'M HOME!!!!"

"Hey Twilight. How was Zecora's?" asked the little dragon.

"Good. What have you been up too?" Twilight said as she took off her saddle bags

"Just been doing my chores. Did you bring something?"

Twilight let out a small chuckle "Yes Spike I brought you cupcakes."

"SWEET!!" the dragon grabbed the box and started to eat the treats.

"Now don't eat them all before dinner." Twilight said to him and all she got was a "mmm mh from him.'

She started to walk upstairs with her bags, but Spike yelled for her.

"Oh Twilight! Rainbow Dash was over a few minutes ago and told me to tell you to meet her at out where she does her stunts for help at 8:00am tomorrow."

"Ok thanks Spike."

Twilight went into her room and closed the door behind her. She checked the time '4:30pm'. 'I got time to finish that book'
she thought to herself. She threw down her bags and the mask slipped out if it a little bit. SHe grabbed her book in her magic and began to read where she left off.

While she was lost in the book, the mask's inside gave off another soft green glow.

Author's Note:

Hope you enjoyed it.