• Published 31st Mar 2013
  • 1,148 Views, 35 Comments

Rainbow's tears - unicorn2445



Rainbowdash has a big secret how will she tell her friends

  • ...
31
 35
 1,148

It begins

So it begins
“Oh Rainbow you’re going to be a mother” Flutter shy exclaims hovering up and down and clapping.

My stomach starts churning with worry and morning sickness. I rush to her bathroom and empty my stomach of the apple I ate this morning. Of course Flutter shy rushes into the bathroom to help hold my hair up and comfort me.

“Oh Rainbow why don’t you stay here for the night. It might be better for you.” Flutter shy says fussing over me.

I can’t think of being away from Applejack when I am carrying her foal but it might be for the best this way I have more time to think about the situation and how to break the news.

I sit on the porcelain floor and nod my head in defeat. I nearly burst into tears why me? Why did this happen to me? I’m not upset about having a foal but I wish I had more time to discuss the whole foal business with Applejack but we never got around to it.

“I will go tell Applejack. Twilight was meant to be coming over soon to help me with the animals but I guess I will have to cancel.” She says with a look of concern on her face.

“No, she can come I will admit to her she may be able to help me allow to eat more. I am going to need all the strength I can get for the next 11 months.” I say with worry of what the element of magic will think of me.
“Ok then come on let’s get you to the lounge.” She says helping me out to the couch.

I carry myself onto the couch and lay down on my side. Flutter shy rushes to the kitchen and yells out “I am making you some tomato soup. Then heading to Applejack’s.”

I hope I can keep it down and also that Applejack won’t worry that much about me. “Yes, thanks Flutter shy for everything.” I yell back out.

I reach out with my front hoof and touch my belly where the foal should be. I know I won’t be able to tell if she or he is there but I still look for any signs. I smile at myself despite all the worrying I have been doing I may have a big career and the paparazzi but I can’t believe that I of all ponies will be a mother. The thought excites me but worries me at the same time.

As I drift off to sleep I think about Applejack and how I will miss out on tonight which would have been amazing but my memories take me back to a time when we spent our first night together and I smile as I remember that night.

___________________________________________________________________

I was walking to where we were planning on having a picnic under the stars. As I neared the picnic I saw Applejack in the most amazing country dress looking up at the lanterns hanging from the tree. I looked at my own dress a cute number with rainbows and sparkles all over.

Rarity had gone all out for this date I remember telling her this is the night the night when we finally sleep together for the first time. I told her that it was going to be a surprise for Applejack. Of course upon hearing this she went all out on the outfits and the setting of the date. As I exited the place I remember her getting the outfits started and wishing me good luck.

I walk over to where Applejack is standing. “Hi Applejack your outfit is amazing.” I blush as I speak only the truth and check her out.

She blushes a bright red and does a little twirl.” Ah can say the same for you Rainbow you look amazing.” She says whilst looking me up and down.

I can feel my cheeks turning red and of course I do a little twirl as well. “Well then, now that the pleasantries are out of the way shall we start with the appetizers?” I ask, sitting down on the beautiful cloud themed blanket.
She comes over and sits down on the picnic blanket. “What ah the appetizers going to be?” She asks with a look of curiosity on her face.
I look her directly in the eye and say with a smile “Apple slices, made directly from Apple Acres freshest apples”

She smiles and whilst licking her lips she says “Wow this sounds amazing and yummy.”

I take the two plates and two knives and two forks out of the basket and take the delicately made apple slices that Rarity took so long making out of their containers and place them on the plates. I grab two wine glasses and pour some apple cider into each

“Did Rarity make these they seem organized don’t they?” She says looking in amazement at the apple slices on the plates.

“Yeah well let’s stop looking at our food and eat” I say as I begin digging in with the knife and fork.

We sit there eating for a few minutes in peaceful silence. I finish my meal and notice that Applejack finished before me. She gives me a sheepish grin as she takes a sip of the apple cider

“Well that was yummy are you ready for the main meal?” I ask before taking a sip of my cider.

“Oh yes I am I can’t wait to see what is next after the appetizers they were yummy” She says with an emphasis on the yummy.
I grab the next meal out and place the Apple soup, something my Mum invented, on the plate. As I look up I see Applejack staring at me.
“What is wrong?” I asked.
“Rainbow I have to go.” She says standing up.

My mind starts racing this wasn’t the memory, what is going on?
___________________________________________________________________________________________
I sit up in bed and scream.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the wait and the fact that this is short.