• Published 30th Mar 2013
  • 503 Views, 30 Comments

Equestrian Earth: Team Solar Moon - Tyrant Molestia



Team Solar Moon is here to play the game!

  • ...
2
 30
 503

Saving Some Noobs

Chapter Three

Saving some noobs


Why did he have to open his big mouth? Did I piss off the Princesses in some way? ...Maybe it was because of that time I woke up on Princess Celestia’s balcony. Or the time I ate a slice of her cake! Oh, I remember that time too well. The pain from that spell she did still hurts if I sit down too hard... Okay, time to focus.


“Twitch, since this is your fault, you get to go for distraction! Lyra, keep us healed up if you can. Big Mac can run at them from the sides and Bon Bon can cast some spells on the ones that try to flank us. I’ll try to keep ‘em corralled towards the middle. Let’s move out, everypony!”


Even though I wasn’t the leader anymore it still felt good knowing what I was able to do in a jam. Maybe that was why I got promoted to Director. Oh well, not like that's important right now.


I spotted Twitch heading straight at them in his newly acquired Griffon form. Twitch was running interference on the front lines with what I believe was a bunch of boars and rabid bunnies... The designers of this game need to get better monsters, or Twitch needs to step it up a bit.


Just as I thought he was going to get mauled Big Mac appeared out of nowhere and slammed his hammer into the biggest of the boars, killing it instantly. He then spun around and smashed it into a group of the foaming rodents sending them flying into different directions. ‘Note to self, Don't piss off Big Mac.’


I took aim at a few bandits trying to flank my favorite hammer bro and fired. The attack I chose sent burning projectiles flying at the ponies scattering them and giving Big Mac time to swing his two hammers down onto a poor level nine bandit. I was so caught up in the moment that I didn’t notice a stray bandit coming from behind me with a dagger until a fireball shot at me from Bon Bon’s position. This caused me to duck and the victim of chance to scream bloody murder at his fate. I turned back to thank her when I saw a couple of boars charging at Lyra.


“Oh no you don’t,” I took aim whilst calling on the moon for my prey’s frozen demise. Right as they got to her I fired and...


Missed. Cursing at my faulty shooting I teleported with Quickport appearing right on top of one of the boars and shoved an arrow up his plot. To say he wasn’t happy about his new tail would be an understatement, although I thought it was a good fit for him. He immediately started trying to buck me off of him and it was all I could do to stay on. The hairy pig then rammed into his partner in his blind fury, and to my amusement said partner went aggro on him.


I jumped off to see Lyra throwing a paralyzing potion at a couple of the rabid bunnies from earlier only for Bon Bon to cast a spell to have the ground eat them. Seriously, the ground grew a mouth and swallowed the rabbits completely whole. I might not want to get on her bad side again anytime soon...


Just as I thought we were finished I saw something in the distance. It looked like a black smudge against the blue sky, and it was getting bigger. As I was about to tell the others about our unwanted guest it let out a terrifying screech. I took a brief glance at the others who all had a surprised demeanor, all except Twitch who was cowering behind a tree muttering something about Rocs.


“Dang it, Twitch,” I mumbled under my breath. “Bug colt! Get your act together and help us take out the big bird!” I ran up to the shop where all the low leveled players were and motioned for them to get inside the building.


Just as the last player got inside I felt a sharp pain around my back and stomach and suddenly felt myself going vertigo. I tried to look around but then way I was positioned prevented all movement. What I could see didn’t really help me since it was only clouds. Wait...clouds? Shit.


“I guess now is a bad time to say that I hate heights?” Then, I dropped. ‘Yep, definitely a bad time.’ “Oh shitshitshitshitshit!” I was probably heard all the way to Aeroslida with how loud I was...yelling. Yeah, yelling. No high pitched screams here. I covered my eyes before I even looked to see the ground rush at me. If I didn’t see it, then it couldn’t hurt me right? Yeah, tell that to the immediate pain I felt. Of course I didn’t expect to see nothing but white when I opened my eyes.


“Wha?” I tried to take note of my surroundings but was unable to see anything except the blinding colorless nothingness around me. It didn’t last long, though. I almost immediately felt a strange pull on my form and then suddenly I was in a bed. “Dafuq?” Would have been anyones first reaction to being one place then instantly in another, right? Not me. Wanna know mine?


“I blame Twitch.”


~~~~~


Twitch’s POV


‘HOly crap! That giant chicken just dropped Noble!’ “...Holy crap! That giant chicken just dropped Noble!” I turned around to the others. Well, I really turned around to see Bon Bon’s ...eh you know what, nevermind. Lyra looked like her coltfriend was taken from ...oh, right. Big Mac just stood there and took it like a boss, and Bonny...oh crap I’m not drooling again, am I? Bonny had her cute thinking look. I mean all her looks are cute but I really like her thinking look. Not as much as that look she gets when she’s wearing her candy apron...crap, I need to stop doing that.


“Big Mac keep watch on where the big pigeon went,” Bon Bon started giving out her usual cute orders with her amazingly sweet voice. “Twitch, you watch my back and Lyra...Try to get it together okay sweetie? Let’s get moving team. Noble didn’t just get dropped from at least a forty foot drop just so we would follow him!” ...Ouch, now I have that image in my head.


“We got company.” Big Mac stated with his awesome drawl. “North of us, and gainin’ speed by the looks of it.”


We all turned in that direction and let me tell you, the second look at the bigass bird was even more intimidating than the first! It’s wingspan alone was twenty feet long from the tip to the base, covered in crimson red feathers with black tips. It had a gold covering over the top of it’s wings, probably to protect them from attacks, that ended in a curve where the wing itself ended. It’s head carried a sunset gold crown which made it’s silver gray stare even more intensive. I looked up at the name of the bird of terror. It said ‘Elite King Roc level thirty-five’


‘No wonder it killed Noble! He was only a level twenty!’ “I think we might have a slight problem with the giant chicken.” I said to the others as my voice started to quiver and my knees locked up.


~~~~~


Noble’s POV


Of all the things I could have died from, it was a fall that killed me! That’s just great. I mean, who wouldn’t want to die from a really high drop! Yes, that was sarcasm. Okay, gotta get back on track... Which way was the bakery?


~~~~~


Big Mac’s POV


I’m a simple pony. Get up, work. Eat, work. Train with team, then sleep. Ah like to keep it simple. Mah class is simple too. Ah hit things. It’s just something that comes natural, Ah guess. Ah ain’t no philosophical stallion. Ah don’t sit and look at the stars wondering what’s out there. I’m just fine here on the ground living mah life. So when Ah have some bird coming at me trying to lift me up off of this here soil, well Ah don’t take kindly to that.


“Big Mac, It’s behind you!” Ah here Twitch callin’ out to me.


“Eeyup!” Ah grunt as mah hammer is swung at the Roc’s beak. Ah hear it screech in pain as Ah continue to turn.


Ah start to charge up another attack. This one was a big one and would take a turn to complete. “Charging!”


“Alright Big Mac, everypony stand back! This one is gonna be big!” Ah hear Lyra shout. She pulls out a large glass vial of some green liquid and tossed it at the red dot in the sky. As it makes contact Ah hear a hissing and poppin’ sound come from the container, along with a terrible noise that the Roc makes. The next thing Ah see is a giant green bubble in the sky.


“Lyra, that was suhweet! What was it, what did it do?” Twitch babbled as he jumped up and down, much as Ah see Pinkie doing it every time Ah see her.


“It gave Big Mac time to make his move. All it does is keep it still for a turn or two.” She turned to me. “You’re up Big Guy!”


Ah nod to her and began to run at the still immobile poultry in the sky. Ah then jump towards the shop and bound off the wall for more air. As mah now glowing warhammer comes down on mah target Ah hear a small pop and see Noble appear on top of it’s back. “Eenope!” Ah shout but it was too late. Mah attack made contact and brought it and Noble down to the ground.


~~~~~


Noble’s POV


You ever have those days? You know, the ones where you just don’t want to get out of bed? Yeah, I shouldn’t have gotten out of that bed at the spawn. Okay so here’s what happened if you weren’t paying attention.


My friends and I go to the Everfree Shop to see what was going on over there. We see some poor new players being ganged up for some reason. We try to help and then I get lifted off the ground and then smashed back into it. With me so far? Good because that’s not the worst of it. I run into somepony that I kinda...owed a cake to for eating hers. I’m forced to get said pony another cake. I get it then I tell her what was going on at the Everfree. She says that she needed to see somepony named Chaotic or something like that. Then the freaking bi- wait...sorry about that. Then the almighty female pony that can get me sent to very bad places teleported me back to where I died at and says to keep the bird that killed me, ‘occupied’. Thats not the end of it though. Apparently Big Mac was using some attack when I was teleported on top of the freaking thing!


...I need a vacation. Or at least an aspirin.


“Noble, are you okay? Do I need to get Lyra to do CPR?” A very annoying bug pony asked whilst peering down the boulder sized hole that the Roc and I had made.


“Oh, can I please!?” She appeared right beside Twitch and looked down at me in anticipation.


Make that the whole bottle of aspirin.


The uncomfortable situation took to a more drastic turn as the ground under me shifted suddenly. “Everypony, move!” I shouted, panic evident in my voice.


The others scrambled out of the way as I clawed the sides of the hole in my own attempt to escape. I was suddenly lifted out with a yellow glow around me. I shot a thanks to Lyra who was noticeably straining under the pressure of holding somepony. “All we need to do is stall it,” I called out. “Somepony is coming to help us as soon as they can!” I saw the others nod their affirmations. ‘Let’s do this.’ I thought as I rushed to the hole.


The Roc shot out of the hole in a blur of golden flames, murder apparent in its eyes. I notched an arrow and took aim as the others took their various fighting stances. “Now!” I shouted as I released the arrow. It flew at the Roc with a cold blue hue and struck one of the wings, instantly freezing a small portion of it. Big Mac charged at the now motionless predator with his warhammer held high and Twitch took on his Griffon form as he flew to the other side.


The apple farmer jumped as high as he could and slammed his weapon down on the bird’s head, a resounding crack being heard for miles. Twitch then flew up at the now falling projectile and razed his currently sharp claws along the front of the Roc, resulting in a loud screech to sound from it’s beak. The Roc twisted in midair and swatted a large wing at his attackers forcing them to the ground in a heep.


I prepared another arrow but before I could fire, it dove at me with malicious intent gleaming from it’s eyes. I tried to dodge but it clipped me with it’s claws and I felt a searing pain in my side. I fired the arrow i had notched in retaliation but it created a gust of wind to blow the projectile away like an annoying fly. Before I was able to reach for another arrow, a glass vial hit my target and forced it down to land. I glanced over to where it had come from.


Lyra had a smug grin on her face.”Take that, you oversized chicken!” The Roc turned towards her. “Er, Bon Bon? A little help please.”


Bon Bon grunted her affirmation as she began to work her magic. The ground started to shake and crack around her victim as she struggled in concentration. All of a sudden, the ground opened up and tried to swallow it whole but only succeeded in getting about halfway.The Roc, now trapped in the earth strained to break free from it’s stony prison, but it was all in vain.


I breathed a sigh of relief. “Glad thats over.” Then, I heard a high-pitched female voice echo across in the distance.


“Aww, I missed the fun already!?”


My friends and I turned to where the voice had come from. Only to see nopony was there.


“Up here!” The voice giggled.


I looked up and saw an extremely...wait. I saw a beautiful...no. Cute? Yeah that works. I saw a really cute pegasus up in a tree by the shop that we were protecting. She was a cream colored pony with a crimson red mane and she had gold eyes that were surrounded by a gray haze rather than the normal white that you would normally see. Her cutie mark was that of a sword running through some sort of hex symbol that coiled around itself. The image kinda hurt my head just looking at it.


She was wearing something that would be considered kinky. It hugged at her body mainly around the barrel and stopped just at her cutie mark. If I had to take a guess, I would say she was a class that relied on swift and deadly melee strikes if the way she stood was any indication. She had a relaxed but alert aura about her.


I stepped forward.


“Who are you, and what did you mean you missed the fun? There was no way you could have found out about the Roc being here.”


She changed her goofy carefree expression to a more serious one faster than I could blink.


“Fine. My name is Heks Blad and I am a GM sent here by Chaotic to sort out a glitch in the system.” She bluntly replied, her voice had a Dutch accent to it.


:What kind of glitch?” I had to be careful here. I didn’t want to end up finding this to be a scam.


She gave me a bemused expression. “The kind that would get most players banned if they were ever caught abusing it.” ...Seems legit.


“Alright, then deal with it.”


She sighed. “I would if I was actually told where it was. Chaotic is lazy at the best of times when it comes to this kind of thing. All he said was the Princess wants this taken care of and that I would meet with a top ranked player.” Heks looked around. “And since I don’t see said player I think thats my cue to just go grab a drink and play poker for the rest of the night.”


“Hold up lady!” Twitch jumped out from behind Bon Bon. “There is so a high ranked player here.” He exclaimed proudly.


“Really? Is he behind the weak looking Changeling?” She teased.


“...No!” He puffed up his chest, his pride having taken a hit. “He’s right in front of you. This is Noble Sunstar of the Secret Service.”


I facehoofed. “Damnit, Twitch! What did we discuss? No telling everypony what I do for a living. Nopony cares about my job okay?”


“On the contrary, Sir Noble.” Heks Blad looked back at me. “If it weren’t for the Secret Service, Equestria would have been destroyed long ago. It was only thanks to them that it wasn’t. Sure you may never hear about what happens behind the curtains, but that doesn’t mean your job doesn’t matter.”


...Huh. Somepony feels strongly about this issue.


“And furthermore,” She continued. “You are the pony I was sent to talk to about that glitch. But first I think it’s time to delete it first.” She turned around towards the all but forgotten Roc. “Alright now Terry, you had your fun. Time to go back to the base for decommissioning, okay?” She cooed at the still terrifying bird. The Roc gave her a nod and then glared at Twitch for reasons I don’t know. Heks then proceeded to summon a thin silver blade out of a gauntlet on her right hoof and stabbed it in the chest, sending small flecks of blood out of the wound.


The Roc disintegrated into red and gold dust that then scattered on a non existent wind straight at Twitch...who had started to breathe in at that exact moment and started choking on the ashes. All I could do was facehoof again as everypony else laughed at him.

~~~~~

Author's Note:

Well here it is. Chapter Three. Enjoy everypony and remember. There is always room for you at The Royal Private Dungeons. (Spot any errors? Tell me about them.)
P.S. I thought I could stretch this a little longer but I couldn't. So yeah...65% my ass huh?