• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 847 Views, 14 Comments

No Strings Attatched - Electroshloob

  • ...
0
 14
 847

The Brotherhood

"..I..Guess we could go with you.."
"Excellent, please follow me, stay quiet, and stay close, that bastard that got away will probably come back with more of his friends"

As they ran through the dark streets of Ponyville, Mordecai came to a halt, at a plain wooden door, and knocked six times, in a sort of beat.
The door opened a crack.
"Another?" said a voice from inside.
"Two, actually."
There was a sigh from behind the door, and an armored man, with sword, sheath, and all, opened the door.
"Come in then, quickly." He said.
He moved aside, and the trio entered, into a dimly lit room, with about 15 or 20 hooded figures inside, all wearing white, all armored, all with weapons.
"Welcome back, Captain Mordecai!" Said one of them, pulling his hood down, smiling.
His hair was white, with a red streak down the middle.
"Good to be back, Okami."
"Who are they?" Okami asked.
"I believe the blue haired one is Vinyl Scratch, an excellent DJ. And the Black Haired girl is Octavia, one of the best cello players in Canterlot." Replied Mordecai.

"I'm Okami, Pleased to meet you both" He said smiling.

"I..Um..Pleased to meet you.." Octavia said nervously.
"Yea, yea, Pleased to meet you.."

"If Captain Mordecai brought you here, he must've seen potential in you." Okami said, still smiling.

"Potential for WHAT? And WHERE is HERE? We were attacked by Royal Guards, who were going to rape us, and then this "Mordecai" fella comes and kills them! I want an explanation!" Scratch yelled

"He's not allowed to tell you that. Not yet anyway." Said an unfamiliar voice, from behind.
Unlike the other people in the room, he wore a black hood and cape, instead of white.

"Allow me to introduce myself. I am Mentor Blackthorn" said the newcomer

"There's something you need to be told, Girls." Mordecai said.

"And what would that be?" They both said at the same time.

"...This might be hard to take in. There is an ancient order of warriors. A secret brotherhood, who protects the innocents, from their nemesis, the Templars. We are that order, We are the Assassins Brotherhood."

Scratch gasped at this "What? I thought those tales of Assassins and Templars were just myths!"

"Oh a few of them were, We never laid siege to any castles, or razed entire cities. No, we work in the dark." replied Blackthorn

"And what's this so called "Potential" We have?" asked Octavia.

"Ah, sorry, i meant to get round to that. The way you both walked up to armed guards, and told them to leave, when you had no way of defending yourself striked me as a little bit brave. But then again, a little bit foolish. You see, we Assassins are fighting a losing war. there aren't enough of us. We need people that hold bravery in their hearts, and are willing to sacrifice themselves for the good of others, and i think that sums both of you up" said Mordecai.

"What? You want me to join an order of warriors, and get myself killed?" Octavia asked.

"No, we want you to train to be one of us." said the Mentor.

"What difference will training make?" asked Octavia.

"A trained Assassin can get out of almost any situation" Okami cut in.

"Indeed they can." Replied Mordecai.

"I'm in." said Vinyl suddenly.

"What? Just like that!?" Octavia asked, shocked.

"Tavi, those men tried to rape us. It'd at least help to be able to defend ourselves."

"I guess..."

"So are you in with me, or not, Tavi?" Vinyl asked impatiently.

"Fine.." Octavia replied.

"Excellent!" the Mentor said, beaming.

"When do we begin our training?" Vinyl asked.

"Tomorrow, under Captain Mordecai." Replied the Mentor.