• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,878 Views, 81 Comments

Ponysona: Arcana Crusaders - Phoenix Kitten



The Cutie mark Crusaders and their friends end up in a very odd situation.

  • ...
5
 81
 2,878

Slight detour, nothing to see here.

"Sorry Spike. I haven't seen them since they went into the forest a couple hours ago to hang out with Zecora." Davenport rubbed the back of his head as he weathered the baby dragon's glare. "Uh... still need that quill..?"

Spike slammed the door in the stallions face before grumbling and storming off to the next storefront. "Supposed to be back five hours ago. Making me waste my time looking for them..." he grumbled before throwing out a long list of profanities in various languages. He stormed past the clock tower as it chimed eight times, not noticing the sky turn blood red as he slammed his fist into the door to the shop owned by the flower trio.
"Come onnnnn!" He growled. "I saw you pack up your store like five minutes ago. I know you're in there!" He yelled as he started punching the door. "So. Open. Up."
He quickly withdrew his claw as the sound of splintering wood reached his ears, a large hole now sitting in middle of the door where his fist had slammed into it. "uhhh... oops..."

The young dragon looked about to see if anypony had come out to investigate the noise, thanking his lucky stars that it seemed they hadn't. With speed that would put Rainbow Dash to shame he bolted down the road and back towards Sweet Apple Acres.
"Guess... guess I d-don't realize my o-own strength...." he puffed as he ran. "I guess I should be thankfu-ooof" He grunted as he fell back on his tail, rubbing his nose with his claws. "Ow ow ow..." he mumbled.

The sound of boxes falling to the ground behind him startled him to his feet. "W-who's there...?" he stuttered, small green embers spraying from his mouth. "D-don't you know it's not a good idea to scare a d-dragon?" he brandished his claws threateningly.

Spike's eyes darted about, flicking to each source of movement as he noticed them. "I-I'm warning you... I might fry your flank to a crisp..."
A weird gurgling sound drew his attention to a storefront cloaked in shade as several shadows with no casters suddenly wandered into the light, gems popping up out of their centers and emitting a black gunk that took the shape of several small timberwolves covered in green and orange stripes, as well as a miniature hydra in black and pink.

"W-well...." The dragon smirked. "You guys I can go all out on." he smiled before letting out a guttural roar that would rival a griffon's and charging forward, breathing gouts of emerald flame, incinerating the timberwolves in one blast.

The hydra charged through the green fire and swung two of it's four heads at him like boxing gloves.
Spike managed to dodge out of the way of the vicious but slow blows before rolling around behind the oddly coloured reptile and leaping up, swinging his claws and decapitating all four heads at once and breathing flame to cauterize the stumps, preventing more heads from growing back.

"Yeah! That's right..." he panted. "Don-don't mess with a dragon... even if he is a baby..." he chuckled before turning around.
All the colour fell from his purple scales and his lime green spines drooped as he came face to face with an army of garishly coloured timberwolves, hydra's and manticores. Along with a large and solid black Ursa Major.
"Well... fuck." he swore before clutching his head. "B-bad time for a dizzy spell...." he muttered. "I h-haven't even breathed that much fire today... my inner flame shouldn't need anymore stoking..."

He peeked through his claws as the assortment of creatures charged him. "...d-don't think I can rely on my scales to take that much abuse..." he muttered weakly before his cheeks puffed up. "urp... a message... now? From wh-who...?"
Before he could check the magical signature attached to the message, the build up got too much, snapping his head back and his jaws open as he let out a mighty belch of sapphire tinted fire.

The attacking mob halted in their tracks as the fire slowly took on a shape of it's own. A very draconic shape. It took little more than a few seconds for the colossal flame to take on the visage of a massive dragon, the flames shrinking to reveal black scales and glowing pink eyes.

Spike had fallen onto his tail again as he gawked at the large wyvern before a look of twisted glee appeared on his face. "Oreichalkos! Dragon of metal! Heed my words and smite all foes who stand before me!" He shouted as he jumped to his feet, throwing his left claw straight up and bringing it down to point at the horde of creatures.

The dragon responded with a deafening roar before it turned it's glare upon all the animals, a twinkle was all the warning that came before a massive wave of pure gravity crushed them all into nothingness, leaving only the Ursa Major, now the size of a Minor, standing.

Spike picked his jaw up off the floor as he pulled the Aeon tarot card he had been carrying around out of a small lift between his scales, watching the massive dragon above his head absorb into the card, which raised out of his claw before slipping through his scales and into his body.
"Whoa...I feel like I could tear a building a part just by looking at it..." he smirked up at the Minor sized Major and pointed at it. "Last chance to run away."

The large bear simply glowered at him and charged forward.

"That's what I thought." the dragon shrugged. "Oreichalkos!" Spike yelled, the card appearing before him. With a casual slice from one of his claws he cleaved the card in two, freeing the now much smaller dragon from within. "Crush it to dust!"

Oreichalkos roared and glared at the bear, it's eyes twinkling again as another wave of gravity slammed it's head into the ground, causing it to hang at an unnatural angle for a second before the whole thing disappeared in a puff of smoke, a large diamond rolling to a stop at Spike's feet before all the other gems that lay on the ground absorbed into it.

As Oreichalkos faded back into his body, Spike leaned down and picked up the gemstone. "Huh... this doesn't even look tasty... odd."

New Persona Wielder!

Spikus James "Spike" Diamondscales Sparkle: level 35

Persona: Oreichalkos: Level 30/ Arcana: Aeon

Equipment: N/A
Natural def: 84
Natural eva: 38

Weapon: Claws: Dam: 98 Hit: 99

Skills: Mazandyne, Heat Riser, Ragnarok, Mind Charge, Cool Breeze, Endure. Apt Pupil, High Counter.

Author's Note:

Is Spike overpowered as fuck? Yes,for now.
Was this intentional? Yes.
Will it make sense in time? Most definitely.

And for anyone out of the know, Zan are spells from all the other SMT games,they get turned into Garu for Persona but instead of being wind,they are classified as force damage,supposedly a shockwave of some kind, like Black Spot, but I like to think of it as a wave of gravity just crushing everything that isn't friendly into dust.