• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,869 Views, 81 Comments

Ponysona: Arcana Crusaders - Phoenix Kitten



The Cutie mark Crusaders and their friends end up in a very odd situation.

  • ...
5
 81
 2,869

Cards of fate.

Dewey stood on a bench under a nearby tree, a smoking revolver gripped in her wings. "I don't know how you were dodging those buwwets.. but I'm onwy going to ask this once."

Sweetie frowned as she stared at the young pegasus, Nightmare's card hidden just behind one of her hooves. "Normally I'd try and be smart, but you don't seem to be to concerned about using that thing, so I'll hold my tongue."

"Smart move. Keep your hooves where I can see them." Dewey ordered.

Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara looked at each other in horror before turning their attention back to the two filles.

"Where did she get that thing?" Diamond Tiara asked.

"More importantly,why is she such a good shot?" Silver Spoon questioned.

"What's your question Dewey?" Sweetie shouted.

Dewey scowled. "Where are the reaw Appwebwoom, Scootawoo and Sweetie Bewwe?"

Sweetie frowned. "What are you talking about?"

"Answer me!" Dewey shouted.

Sweetie cracked a smile and let out a short laugh. "I don't have to."

The pegasus's eye twitched as she let out a scream and pulled the trigger.

"Did you girlth hear that?" Twist asked as she turned toward the resounding cracks that were echoing through the empty town. "It thounded like it came from the town thenter."

Scootaloo stretched her hindlegs and buzzed her wings. "Well then let's get moving. Sounds like something big found our friends."

Applebloom nodded and fell back to her hooves before taking off in a gallop, the other two fillies following behind her.

They didn't get very far before another group of Shadows burst out of the nearby alleyway, impeding their progress.

"Durnit!" Applebloom cursed as she vaulted over one that tried to tackle her.

"Hopefully between the three of them they can handle it." Scootaloo hoped as she crushed Tempestas's card in her hoof, allowing the large avian to erupt from her body.

"Well..wortht cometh to wortht, Tiara can navigate for them." Twist said from inside Helioglobas' swarm.

Just as the three fillies got prepared to do battle with the blobby invaders, a series of knives flew down from a nearby rooftop, killing them before they could take shape as a fourth filly landed just at the edge of the knives whipped her right forehoof forward, the blades lifting out of the grout between the large stones and back into a series of holsters along her hindlegs.

"I-icing?" Scootaloo asked. "You can move in this...what did Sweetie call it?"

"Dead Time." Applebloom answered as she rose to her hindlegs, taking up a combat stance, eyeing the other earthpony warily.

"Yeah. Wait... Twist can she.." Scootaloo started to ask.

"No. At leatht not yet... there ith thome thort of power within her, but it'th dormant." Twist answered before the orange pegasus could finish.

"Well that makes scouting for more members of the team a lot easier I guess." Scootaloo said as Tempestas settled next to her.

"Ah don't think she's here to join us.." Applebloom voiced her concern.

She was proven right a few seconds later when a knife flashed through her ribbon, leaving a small cut and causing one of the loops to fall in on itself.

"Oh damn..." Scootaloo voiced with a wince.

Twist looked positively frightened. "A-Applebloom... a-are you..."

"Ahcing." Applebloom spoke in a flat voice, her fringe having fallen over her eyes, hiding the monumental rage that had built up instantaneously. "Do you have any ahdea what you just did?"

"I caught up to the two... three fakers who replaced my friends." the pale lavender filly replied. "Honestly I don't believe a word of that, but that's what Dewey seems to think, I'm just seeing it as an opportunity to get what I want."

"And what do you want?" Scootaloo asked.

Icing smirked as she took a knife in her hoof and flung it at Applebloom.

The pale yellow filly caught the knife in her hoof, squeezing it so hard the wooden handle shattered. "You made a big mistake cutting mah ma's ribbon Ahcing."

The lavender filly huffed. "Just get her to make you a new one then."

Scootaloo winced. "Damn Icing... uh she can't... her mom died like three months after she was born, that ribbon and her sister's hat are like the only things they have to remember her by."

"You expect me to believe that nonse-argh!" Icing never got to finish her sentence as Applebloom tackled her, hard.
She glanced up into the yellow fillies eyes and saw red instead of the normal rose.

"You! Came! From! An! Orphanage!" Applebloom screamed, slamming a hoof into the back of Icings head with each word, "You know what it's like to lose family, to not have any family! And you'd mock me for losin' mah ma? And why? Is it because Ah have some biological family left who still loves me and cares for me?"

"H-holy shit...." Scootaloo cursed.

Twist just winced as she watched. "The wath doing tho well too."

The young pegasus looked at the filly inside the swarm of ladybugs. "Huh?"

"Applebloom and her thithter are really protective of their mom'th thingth."

"I can imagine." Scootaloo watch as Applebloom heaved the unconscious and bloody filly into a trash can nearby and hurl insults at it, she winced at some of them. "... I can kinda understand how they both feel..."

"You can?" Twist looked at the pegasus in surprise. "How?"

Scootaloo smiled sadly. "I lost my parents to a house fire in Manehatten... I was so devastated that I took my scooter... which was the only thing that survived the fire, mostly because I was out with my friends at the time... and I just ran..."

"Thcootaloo.... I had no idea." Twist said sadly as she looked at the pegasus, a new light having been shone on her.

"Not many do... only Applebloom, Sweetie... and now you..." Scootaloo said as she trotted forward and placed a hoof on Applebloom's shoulder before pulling her into a hug. "Hey.... Bloom... come on... I'm sure Rarity can fix it without the need for stitches.. we just have to wait for the Dead Time to end."

Applebloom had shifted gears at her friends embrace and was crying her eyes out into the pegasi's barrel. "Ah'm gonna be grounded fer years." she wailed. "Applejack is gonna be so mad with me... ah ain't gonna have a good excuse to get me out of this one..."

Twist stepped in to join the group hug as well, helping calm down Applebloom.

As the throng of ponies that had been trotting around doing business not even an hour ago reappeared, Scootaloo and Twist vanished into the crowd, carrying Applebloom, who had cried herself to sleep, on their backs.

Author's Note:

Hey hey... I'm back, new name, same spastic update times.
I have my new laptop charger so I decided I'd grace you all with this update which I had mostly finished when my old charger up and cacked it.

Once again,another reference to P3, which if you've been following the news,you know that November 23rd is a great day to be alive because not only do we get our new season of Ponies,the first Persona 3 movie comes out in Japan.

If you haven't already, I've gone back and made some revisions to earlier chapters in the downtime while my laptop was unavailable, so feel free to check them out,mostly minor stuff,fixing the spelling of Scoot's Persona,stuff like that,and a couple of major things like Scoot's Persona's appearance and Bloom getting a complete overhaul in regards to hers.
I will have one more minor change to come since I have discovered what may well be the best Tumblr ever,so I'll link that later here.

I will add Twist to the roster of Wielders as well as her abilities in the next Comic crawl,so keep an eye out for that.

Oh quick question,is the separator image showing up okay for everypony? It's not for me and I really do not want to have to go through and find another separator again...such a pain in the ass.

But anyway.. you should all go check out This tumblr. It doesn't have many posts yet...but it looks promising.
And this post from that mod's other tumblr which will be linked here in this line. This just makes me squee everytime I look at it.

But yes,expect another chapter along shortly,hopefully... if nothing else distracts me for weeks at a time.