• Published 4th Feb 2012
  • 2,877 Views, 81 Comments

Ponysona: Arcana Crusaders - Phoenix Kitten



The Cutie mark Crusaders and their friends end up in a very odd situation.

  • ...
5
 81
 2,877

The Empress part 2: The terrorized tiara.

Equipment change: Silver Spoon: Weapon: Short lead pipe - training short sword.
---

"Khione!" Silver Spoon shouted, cleaving the card in two with her sword.
The card shattered, releasing the snow fairy which charged forward, forming a pair of ice swords in her hands and hitting every shadow in front of them three times each.

Scootaloo leapt over Silver Spoon and slammed her hoof into the nearest shadow's face, watching as the creature reeled and disappeared in a puff of smog before ducking low and sweeping her hind legs out around her in a circle, tripping over the large bi-pedal globs of inky blackness.

Applebloom planted her pitchfork into the ground and flip kicked one of the monstrosities, killing it and causing it to disperse into a smog of inky blackness
She yanked the pitchfork out of the ground and stabbed it's forks through the head of the other Shadow, causing it to stagger back.

Silver Spoon bolted forward and launched herself into a somersault, bisecting the shadow from head to toe with her sword, leaving the two halves to fall perfectly away from eachother before they exploded into the familiar inky black smog.

"Boom!" Scootaloo cheered and pumped her hoof. "That wasn't that hard!"

"And... and you three do this often?" Silver Spoon panted. "that was the seventeenth fight in a row."

"It gets easier once you've been through it once already." Applebloom shrugged and hefted her pitchfork. "And this is like the fifth time Scoots and ah have been in here."

"The fifth?" Silver Spoon's jaw dropped. "How are you three still alive?"

"Easyily." Scootaloo bragged. "It's not like they're hard to kill."

"True." Applebloom nodded. "They are astoundin'ly weak some of 'em. And by the way Scootaloo, it's easily."

Scootaloo stuck her tongue out before replying. "Besides, Applebloom can heal us if we get too injured." She nodded.

"Alright, time to cut the chatter. Here comes another one!" Applebloom announced.

Sweetie Belle sat at the dining room table,resting her head on her forelegs as she listened to Cheerilee struggle to keep up with the fountain of knowledge Twilight was pouring out.
The novelty had long since worn off but she wasn't allowed to leave the table because her sister had told her to sit still and pay attention.

She groaned out of boredem and let her head slam into the table.

"Hey Auntie Sweetie!" Another fillies voice rang out.

"Sugar Cube?" Sweetie looked up in the direction of the sound.

"Oh yes. Sugar Cube." Cheerilee looked at the filly. "I have to talk to you two about your daughters behavior in regards to my class..."

Sugar Cube gulped as Twilight and Rarity raised their eyebrows and looked at the young filly.

"Sweetie." Rarity addressed her little sister.

Sweetie looked up. "Yes sis?"

"You can go dear. Take some bits from my purse and spend a few hours at Applejacks. Use the bits to buy yourself some dinner, check back here after you're done and if Cheerilee hasn't left, you can spend the night with your friends."

Sweetie perked up at what her sister told her. "O-okay sis." she smiled, taking ten bits from her sisters open purse and stuffing them into her own, slinging her saddlebags on and trotting out.

Sweetie got dazed as she hit the alley way wall, her saddlebags flying toward the wall at the other end.
When she tried to move she felt a hoof pin her against the wall.

"We don't want any trouble miss. We're just lookin' to get some bits is all." Her assailant whispered to her. "We ain't lookin' to hurt ya. So just leave ya saddlebags with us, and we'll let ya go."

Looking out the corner of her eye, she spyed a figure moving to pick up her saddlebags. "Please... I have fifteen bits in my purse, you can take that but leave the rest, it's all notebooks and schoolwork." She pleaded.

The figure pinning her against the wall answered with a dismayed voice. "Only fifteen bits?" He shoved her harder against the wall and started ranting quietly. "Fifteen bits won't get me an my friend jack shit. We take your saddlebags, you leave with your life, does that sound good girly?"

Sweetie closed her eyes and took several deep breaths. "Please... I need those notebooks, they have nothing but schoolwork in them."

"She's not liein'." the other figure grumbled. "We wouldn't get nothin' for the notebooks, but we could probably get a decent price for the small sack of gemstones in here."

The figure holding her against the wall slammed his free hoof into the wall next to her face. "You holdin' out on me girly? Gemstones would go for a good price back in Manehatten."

Sweetie swallowed her breath as she willed one of her magical tonfa's into existence around her pinned hoof,

"We've seen you headin' to that dress makers shop down the road, must be where you got those gems from. am I right girly?"

Sweetie didn't say anything, her horn started softly glowing pale yellowy-green.

"Hey! Don't you go tryin' anythin' funny girly!" The figure loudly whispered before pushing on her back some more, only to be met with a burst of magic flinging him backwards into the wall behind him.

The figure which had been rifling through her saddlebags turned to see what all the commotion was before charging Sweetie.

"Please work." She whispered as her horn built up a charge before she vanished, allowing the charging figure to slam face first into the wall.
She reappeared next to her saddlebags and quickly scooped the bits back into her purse before throwing everything else back in and slinging them over her back again.

She looked up to see the two figures charging her again, realizing she didn't have time to try another teleport Sweetie charged between them, the blade on her tonfa flickering and cutting the gemsack that was tied around the second figures foreleg.

"Get back here Girly!"

"Please please please please please." Sweetie begged as she closed her eyes, her horn lighting up blue.
She leapt into the air and twisted so she was facing the two figures, who she could clearly see were a pair of raggedy looking earthpony and pegasi colts.
She looked up at her horn and noticed it was glowing blue, she smirked at the two would be thieves. "PERSONA!"

The three fillies panted as the large shadow finally fell. Applebloom keeping Gaia out to heal them all back to a reasonable shape.

"That.... that was a challenge... i'll admit..." Scootaloo puffed and panted

Silver Spoon shot the orange pegasus a glare. "A.... A challenge? That thing nearly killed us! Mulitple times!"

Scootaloo raised a hoof to say something but Applebloom cut her off. "Ah ain't denyin' that thing put up a fahght." She puffed, her country twang becoming more pronounced due to her exhaustion. "But ah also ain't denyin' that we caught a glimpse of Diamond Tiara... We saw her run lahke a pony possessed when she saw that Shadow."

"Yeah... but now she's headed down this... road thing and the gates closed behind her." Silver Spoon pointed out. "Ugh... I'm exhausted."

"Me two." Scootaloo let out a breath.

"Me three." Applebloom agreed. "Ah think we should bring Sweetie along if we ever plan on doin' another exploration lahke this."

"Agreed." the other two fillies chimed in before they piled into the nearest amublance and reappeared in the clubhouse.

They then proceeded to fall asleep where they stood.

Applebloom Anne Apple: Level 5
Persona: Gaia: Level 5/ Arcana: Chariot.
Weapon equipped: Pitchfork Dam:17 Hit:83
Skills learned: Media, Maragi, patra, Rakukaja

Scootaloo Cassandra Darling: Level 5
Persona: Tempestas: Level 5/ Arcana: Fool.
Weapon equipped: Bare hooves Dam:10 Hit:100
Skills learned: Magaru, Rebellion, Tarakaja

Silvia Liza "Silver" Spoon: Level 5
Persona: Khione: Level 5/ Arcana: Strength
Weapon equipped: Training short sword Dam:14 Hit:94
Skills learned: Mabufu, Marin-Karin, Sukukaja

Sweetiebella Marie Belle: Social stats.
Charm: Cute filly.
Academics: knowledgable.
Courage: Average.