• Published 25th Mar 2013
  • 631 Views, 33 Comments

For a United Equestria - lulii999



A new villain army attacks Equestria. Equestria gets destroyed. Ponies flee to Crystal Empire. All Empires unite with help from Mane 6. Everyone goes to war. Love, drama, action and adventure stuff happens too.

  • ...
3
 33
 631

Chapter 9: Trust Issues (Part 1)

The dirt quietly crunched beneath the weight of Luna's booted hoof.
At this time of night, the atmosphere about the borders of Equestria was crisp and chilly in spite of the heavy bushland that surrounded it.

Seeking help and answers, Luna and Discord had departed from the Crystal Empire just mere hours ago, but it already felt like a century.

"Are we there yeeet??" whined Discord, his mismatching feet stomping audibly on the bushland debris below them. "You know that faint sensation of pins and needles bothering me before? Yeah, it's anything but faint now."

"Oh stop complaining, will you?" Luna snapped, rolling her eyes, "For Faust's sake, Discord, you're the Spirit of Chaos! Now suck it up, or you might just make me do a little something that'll probably send you into a world of pain, okay?"

"Well, well, well, lookie here, everyone!" said Discord, snaking his serpentine body around Luna, who stopped dead in her tracks, eyeing her companion, "It would seem that a certain somepony's getting cranky"

"I don't have time for this" sighed Luna as her horn grew bright. Discord immediately retracted in pain, "Ouch! What ever did you do that for?!" he said, nursing the several burnt patches of fur that had just appeared on his body. Luna, however, just kept on walking, not giving him a second glance.

"I'd like to assume that you would too if your travel escort's continuous complaints could still be heard for several hours despite the use of magical earbuds", said Luna smugly, her eyes examining the base of the mountain they had now reached. "Now quiet down and let me concentrate, will you? I'm sure it's around here somewhere"

"Now, what pray tell, is 'it'?" said Discord, pausing the process of rubbing aloe-vera on his singed skin.

"The reason why we've come out all this way. 'it' refers to the place where we'll be able to find the answers to everything we needed to know about these awful creatures that threaten us so menacingly. This place would just so happen to be," Luna's eyes sparkled in admiration, "the Temple of Erudraitheon."

"Bless you" said Discord unimpressed, now holding a bag of ice to his side.

"This is no illness I speak of!!" said Luna, taken aback, "Do you even know who he is?!"

"Oh please, do enlighten me."

Luna cleared her throat, "Well, Erudraitheon happens to be the name of the mighty Keeper of Wisdom of this land! He is the dragon who speaks the words of Faust herself! Like the light of the Sun, his scales and the treasure he sits upon shine a pure gold!"

Discord cut her off, "Wait wait wait, treasure? You've captivated my interests, now"

Luna glared at Discord, "Treasure to symbolise the knowledge he possesses. The knowledge of all, past, present, an-"

"Oh poo, of course, 'knowledge'" said Discord.

"Don't be so quick to dismiss it! Or him for that matter!" said Luna, irritated.

"Aww Lulu, look at you!" said Discord, patting Luna on the head, "it I didn't already deem it impossible, I'd say you were practically in love with the guy"

Luna jerked her head away, "Excuse me, I wouldn't say it's impossible" she mumbled, shaking away the vague image of that dark stallion in the back of her mind, "What an absolutely ridiculous thing to say. He only has my utmost respect and admiration."

"Yeah, yeah, 'love and admiration', sure. Have you even met him?"

"Of course!" said Luna indignantly, "Although, it was a long time ago - before Celestia and I assumed the throne."

"You mean, before your's truly pretty much ran things around here?" mocked Discord, "Do you mean that my power was so great it drove both you and Celestia into the deepest form of desperation that you had to seek the help of some prehistoric fossil to defeat me? Haha, priceless!!"

"Excuse me, you pathetic half-wit, but that 'prehistoric fossil' helped Celestia and I find the courage to defeat you. Don't you remember? Or did turning you to stone only just further thicken your skull?"

"So he gave an inspiring lecture or two and you two turned me into stone while my back was turned, fine. But tell me, Luna, did that 'courage' you say he gave you also make you that power hungry that you turned against your own sister?"

"YOU GO TOO FAR!" Luna screamed, "I DO NOT HAVE TO EXPLAIN MYSELF TO THE LIKES OF YOU. A MERCILESS TYRANT WHO ALLOWED THE PEOPLE HE RULED STARVE LIKE RATS IN FILTH AND DESPAIR. LOOK AROUND YOU, DISCORD! EVERYTHING THAT YOU SEE, CELESTIA AND I BROUGHT BACK, BEFORE I WAS BANISHED! EVEN AFTER I CAME BACK, I FELT TRUE REMORSE AND I KNEW MY PLACE. DO YOU KNOW YOURS?"

"WHAT'S THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN?"

"IT MEANS, THAT I KNOW WHAT SIDE IM ON. AND THAT I THINK YOU SHOULDN'T BE TRUSTED. THAT I THINK YOU STILL HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH ALL THIS JUST TO REGAIN THE THRONE. NO MATTER WHAT CELESTIA DID TO TRY AND CONVINCE ME OF YOUR INNOCENCE, I WILL NEVER EVEN THINK OF PUTTING MY TRUST IN YOU."

Discord stiffened. Luna's eyes glistened in the moonlight as fresh tears welled up in her eyes, despite the expression of utmost rage and loathing on her face.

Silence.

"Fine", said Discord, breaking the long pause, "I'm just hurt is all. However, one thing still surpasses me. IF your faith in me was lacking this much, why did you not get rid of me in the first place? You had all the Elements of Harmony at your disposal. Even after Celestia died. Why not just turn me back into stone?"

Luna held back the words aching to escape her throat. "It does not matter. What matters is that we find Erudraitheon and fast, before either of us does something they'll regret, maybe in addition to telling us about Chrysalis and Sanctus, I'll be able to find out where your true loyalties lie.", she continued searching for any sign of the Temple's presence, "also, it's best we keep to minimal conversation."

Discord sighed. However, out of the corner of his eye, something had caught his gaze, something slithering across the Luna's back hoof, "Uhh, question, what's t-"

"What did I just say, Discord? Honestly, your disregard for the rules really is somethIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNG!!!!!!!" she yelled as dark vines dragged her across the forest floor. Her horn grew bright. She shot an array of spells at them. Nothing. They kept pulling her through the forest floor, debris slashing through her coat. The more she struggled, the more vines appeared to subdue her.

"LUNA!" yelled Discord, leaping after her to aid. Just as he began pursuit, fresh vines appeared out of nowhere and latched onto his mismatching feet. Before he could even react, the vines jerked his feet in Luna's direction and he lost balance. His head made heavy contact with a lonely rock and everything went black.

Author's Note:

So, Thursday is the new Monday. XD

Sorry for the late update guys, procrastination got the better of me ^^"

This chapter is in two parts, yes. Just cause I can. I'll upload part 2 tomorrow night Australian time (I promise).

Thank you for your patience guys, I hope this teaser chapter was worth it?

Bai.