• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 534 Views, 2 Comments

Revenge of the Brony - QuickQuill



A look into the future of Equestria when the six weilders of the elements of harmony are well since passed and the sister princesses have inexplicably vanished. It is now up to the male counter-parts to take over.

  • ...
 2
 534

Further Preparation

By the time Dusk Shine left the farm it was turning into midday and from all the eating he had gotten a noticeably distended stomach. “I blame you Scale. All those years giving in to your pleas for one more gem.”

“Don’t blame me that a young colt knows how to use the same trick.” Scale says with a chuckle. “Where are we going next?”

“To see somepony named Elusive. He is in charge of choosing the style and color of Bubble Berrie's decorations. I hope that pony won’t be around when we find this Elusive.”

“Hey look there it is Carousel Boutique! This looks like the fanciest place in Pony Central.”

“Good eye Scale.”

While Dusk Shine and Scale are walking toward Carousel Boutique a rainbow colored blur zooms inches from over their heads. Dusk Shine did not notice, but his hair got fluffed up into a perm. To their surprise the rainbow blur turned out to be a blue colt with a rainbow mane and tail.

The colt looked a little embarrassed and flew back to Dusk Shine. “Sorry about that. I didn’t frazzle you too much did I? My name is Rainbow Blitz the best flyer in Pony Central and you are?”

Dusk Shine took a moment to get settled and said, “You’re Rainbow Blitz?”

“Ah, so you’ve heard of me?”

“I am Dusk Shine and I am here on official palace business. I’ve heard that you are supposed to be cloud busting. Why are there still clouds in the sky?”

“Oh, that. I can take care of it in ten seconds flat. I got all the time I need. If you’re from the palace would you know the Wonderbolts?”

This gave Dusk Shine an idea, “Of course I know the Wonderbolts. They performed at my last birthday party. I’ll tell you all you want to know about the Wonderbolts if you can prove to me that you can bust all these clouds in ten seconds.”

“You’re on!” At that Rainbow Blitz zipped off and flew through four clouds. Before Dusk Shine could look where Rainbow Blitz is flying he was already off flying to another cloud. Zips, whirls and flips all over the sky in a rainbow streak. When the quick businesss was settled Rainbow Blitz hovered to the ground next to Dusk Shine his mouth agape. “Ten. Seconds. Flat. Do you want me to take care of that perm for you?”

“I hadn’t realized my hair was in such a way. I would appreciate it.”

Rainbow Blitz brought a rain cloud over Dusk Shine and emptied it over his head. “At least the perm is gone. Now tell me about the Wonderbolts.”

They both trotted to Carousel Boutique and spoke about the Wonderbolts. Dusk Shine told Rainbow Blitz all about how the Wonderbolts performed for his last birthday. Rainbow Blitz told Dusk Shine all about the first Wonderbolts performance he had seen.

“It was nice talking to you Dusk Shine. I’m sure we’ll be good friends while you’re here in Pony Central. As much I as I like talking with you I don’t fit in well in a place like this. See ya around.” At that Rainbow Blitz flew off into the sky.

“Whew, that Rainbow Blitz can really talk. He seems more sane than either Bubble Berry or Apple Jack.” Says, Dusk Shine.

“I’m glad to know you’ve finally made a friend Dusk. You can be so hard to please sometimes.” Replied, Scale.

“I don’t know about friend yet, but he is a lot of fun. Also, if you really feel that way I can always double your chores." That silenced Scale.

The two enter Carousel Boutique to find a white unicorn feverishly working a sewing machine on a banner. They waited for him to finish sewing before announcing themselves. However, the colt noticed them before he finished and immediately attended his visitors.

With a swish of his curly violet hair he addresses Dusk Shine warmly. “Hello there, my name is Elusive. I am the proprietor of this humble establishment meant to make anypony who comes in here to look magnifique. How may I help you?”

“I am Dusk Shine. I am here on official palace business to oversee the preparations for the celebrations-.”

Before Dusk Shine could finish Elusive gasped and said, “You’re here for the king?! That means you live in New Canterlot, I have always dreamed of being a designer in the city. You simply must tell me what it’s like while I make an outfit for you.”

A little bewildered Dusk Shine replies, “Actually, I am from Buckingham. Just as impressive, I think anyway.” Dusk Shine is being measured while he talks. “I am visiting this country for educational purposes. This is all very unnecessary. I am only here to mark your progress.”

Elusive scoffed and said, “This is entirely necessary. What kind of designer would I be if I do not make sure the official in charge is not well dressed?”

“But, I am not in charge.”

“Nonsense, if you’re not in charge at the very least you should look the part.” Elusive is now picking through his clothes and is taking great care to make sure the colors go with the decorations and Dusk Shine's own coloring.

In less than half an hour Elusive had selected the perfect outfit and finished sewing his banner. “Perfection~! I do believe I have outdone myself this time. Not only have I completed most of the decorations, but I have also selected an outfit that perfectly suits their color scheme and yours.”

Dusk Shine could not help, but smile about how good he looks. “I do not know anything about your work, but I am impressed with your prudence.”

“Why thank you Dusk Shine.”

“I must be going now.” Says Dusk Shine as he gently takes off the clothes Elusive had selected for him. “I still have to meet with the pony in charge of the music.”

“I know him. I can escort you if you like.” Elusive walked eagerly to the door.

“No, I’m fine. Besides you still have work to do. I cannot take you away from that.” Dusk Shine left and made a sigh of relief. “The king was not lying about how friendly these ponies can be.”

“I like them and you seemed happy with most of the ones you've met so far.” Says Scale.

“I am still not convinced. I still have to figure out how to handle this Dark Horse situation. I do not know when or how his return will happen. I still have no idea how my father even knew that Dark Horse will return."