• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 534 Views, 2 Comments

Revenge of the Brony - QuickQuill



A look into the future of Equestria when the six weilders of the elements of harmony are well since passed and the sister princesses have inexplicably vanished. It is now up to the male counter-parts to take over.

  • ...
 2
 534

Welcome to Pony Central

The trip took a couple of hours and Dusk Shine has gotten tired of traveling everywhere with one mode of transport or the other. When the balloon landed and Dusk Shine got out a bubbly pink pony came prancing his way. He would seem like any normal pony out for a prance, if one could ignore the many instruments that he seems to be carrying and simultaneously playing.

Dusk Shine looked at scale with some concern. Scale only shrugged and seemed to believe that must be normal in Pony Central. The Pink Pony is closing the gap and the joyful sound of his instruments has a welcoming air to it. Dusk Shine slowly realized that it must all be for him. Though, Dusk Shine is more curious as to why a colt would be born bright pink, but decided it would be polite not to ask.

With a beaming smile and a little over-enthusiasm the pink colt said, “Welcome to Pony Central! I never met a pony with official palace business before. My name is Bubble Berry and I will be your social liaison; it is my job to make sure you make good friends during your stay. I would also like to say that it is my job to decorate City Hall for the King Himself.” There did not seem to be any pauses or breathes throughout that whole statement. Dusk Shine looked more confused than welcomed and Scale was smiling the whole time.

“Um… well that was sure welcoming. My name is Dusk Shine, thank you very much Bubble Berry I’m sure you will do a good job and be very helpful. If you don’t mind, however, I’d like to conduct my business alone. If I need you I’ll find you at City Hall. Not to be rude, but I was hoping to do some research before the celebration and I think you would just slow me down.” Replied Dusk Shine.

“Say no more Mr. Dusk Shine. I have great plans in mind already to decorate City Hall and make sure you make friends at the same time! Silly, I think of everything. I know everypony in town and I know how to plan parties! This is going to be so much fun!”

Dusk is now walking backwards and his face is reddening. “I will be going now. Good luck on your plans (that I hope I will have nothing to do with). Bye.” At that Dusk Shine turned around and trotted away.

Moments later when Bubble Berry is out of sight, “I thought he was funny. I can’t see why you wouldn’t want his company. Bubble also looks talented do you think he could teach me how to do that? He said he knows everypony in town maybe he knows something about Dark Horse.” Scale comments.

“I highly doubt Bubble knows anything beyond party planning Scale. I never thought it would be so much work just to be left alone. Well, it is time we do the first thing on our task sheet. ‘Meet with Apple Jack at Sweet Apple Acres to check on the catering.’ I have never seen an apple farm before. I wonder if they use the same technology as our country.” Replies Dusk Shine.

After a short trot Dusk Shine arrives at Sweet Apple Acres. It may not use the heavy farming equipment used in Buckingham, but the sight of all the apple trees is impressive enough. Even more impressive is the massive pony bucking at the trees. She is a light red pony with a big green apple half as a cutie mark and the biggest crest Dusk Shine has ever seen.

“That must be Apple Jack.” Dusk Shine says to Scale.

“Or at the very least is related to Apple Jack.” Replies Scale.

When the red pony noticed Dusk Shine she came running over at top speed and stopped on a dime. In a surprisingly deep tone she says, “What y’all want?”

“Hello I was hoping that you could help me. My name is Dusk Shine and I am here to oversee the festivities. Are you by any chance Apple Jack?”

“Nope”

“Uh…Could you take me to Apple Jack?”

“Eeyup!” at that the big mare directed Dusk Shine toward the barn where a big picnic table was setup.

At the picnic table a bright orange colt is setting various dishes with different apple themed food. He is wearing a characteristic cowboy hat and his cutie mark is three red apples. When Dusk Shine and the red mare got close enough Apple Jack says “Howdy there! Y’all is new around these parts. Big Mac did he say what he’s here for?”

“Eeyup!”

Dusk Shine stepped foward to introduce himself, “Hello my name is Dusk Shine. King Cosmos asked me to oversee the preparations for his arrival this year. May I ask how the catering is coming along?”

“Mr. Dusk Shine you can rest assured that the Apple family has it all under control.” Apple Jack pulled out an iron triangle and rang it as loudly as he could to signal his whole family to show all the dishes they have prepared so far. “Yeehaw! As you can see Mr. Dusk Shine that not only did we make a lot of food, but it is made with the Apple family stamp of approval delivered by none other than Grampy Smith. Come meet the guest Grampy Smith!”

The crowd of ponies parted to let the old pony come forward. Grampy Smith is bright green and has an apple pie cutie mark. He is supported by a young colt who is yellow in color with red hair. “Eh, thank you Apple Butch. Mr. Dusk Shine it is mighty kind of you to come all the way here just to sample our wares. I hope it’s all fit to the King’s liking.”

“W-well I’m glad to be so well received, but I just wanted to make sure we are on schedule. Now that I see that we are I can be on my way.” Dusk Shine nearly stammered on the whole statement. As he backed away Dusk Shine tripped over Apple Butch who must have wanted to say thank you as well since his eyes looked of wonder.

“Do you have to go Mr. Dusk Shine?” Came the innocent voice of the colt.

“I guess I can stay for a little while.” Dusk Shine could not resist those eyes.

Everypony cheered and pushed Dusk Shine into a nearby chair at the table. They gave him samples of their dishes as Apple Jack enthusiastically described each one as it is served.

Author's Note:

Sorry for the long wait. Also, I apologize in advanced, because it might take a little longer for the next update. I'll make sure to write as much as possible this week.