• Published 20th Mar 2013
  • 534 Views, 2 Comments

Revenge of the Brony - QuickQuill



A look into the future of Equestria when the six weilders of the elements of harmony are well since passed and the sister princesses have inexplicably vanished. It is now up to the male counter-parts to take over.

  • ...
 2
 534

A King's Welcome

Within a few days the Dusk Amour landed on the Equestrian Shore. After the ship docked Dusk Shine and the Royal attendants exited the transport and made their way to find the New Canterlot Palace Guard. All around were ponies of all different types either rushing to get on a transport or rushing off of one. Within a few minutes the Royal attendants spotted the New Canterlot Palace Guard.

The Palace Guards are standing in front of a bright red air balloon with the royal insignia of King Cosmos. Dusk Shine’s Royal attendants made sure to transfer custody with the New Canterlot Palace Guard. Both sets of guards exchanged pleasantries as one acknowledged to the other that Dusk Shine is now in the hands of Canterlot. Once Dusk Shine boarded the air balloon which will take them to Canterlot the Royal escort re-boarded the Dusk Amour to return to Buckingham.

After a few hours of travel the balloon landed in New Canterlot Square and the riders walked the rest of the way to Canterlot Castle. New Canterlot is awash of decorations, tall buildings and fancy looking unicorns with pegasi and earth ponies interspersed among the crowd.

The decorations depict the King with the sun rising behind Him. The colors are red, blue and green. There are fillies and colts running around and playing with toys.

“There is a lot more diversity here than at home.” Dusk Shine remarked to Scale, who has been riding on Dusk Shine’s back for most of the trip.

“They seem to have some of the same tech. we use also.” Scale seems impressed with that fact as she does not understand how it all works any way. Dusk Shine rolls his eyes at the remark and feels that the explanation would only cause Scale more confusion.

As the party passes a tavern Dusk Shine notices something odd. There are four male ponies standing outside the tavern. They are all wearing black cloaks and standing under a banner that reads: “Never forget the shadow.”

Dusk Shine whispers to Scale, “I have read about this Scale. A few years after Dark Horse was banished a group of ponies decided to wear black cloaks as a sign of solidarity for the fallen Prince on the Day of Brotherhood.”

“But, I thought Dark Horse is evil why would they want to show him support?” Asks Scale a little confused.

“The real Prince Tenebrae was not. They believe that it wasn’t his fault for being corrupted by the darkness that plagued Equestria. King Cosmos believes it too. That is why the Day of Brotherhood exists to remind us to treat our fellow ponies as our brother and that we are all bronies.” The rest of the walk was spent in silence.

The party finally arrives at Canterlot Castle it has several spires with the keep in the center of the structure. The whole structure is white with a blue trim. The party walks to the front gate and briskly heads to the throne room. The throne room is empty except for the King himself and an attending guard pony. He is an all white Alicorn with a sun cutie mark and his mane and tail are an ever flowing mixture of red, green and blue.

As Dusk Shine enters King Cosmos says with a smile “It is an honor to finally meet our royal cousin! How are you Prince Dusk Shine?”

Dusk Shine bowed before King Cosmos and replies “Thank you for receiving me cousin. My Royal Father tells me that you require my assistance during my stay here. May I ask what it is that I am needed for?”

King Cosmos beamed and answered, “You have the most important job of all. You have the task of making sure that this day goes according to plan. I want you to go ahead to Pony Central and check on all the preparations for the celebrations. What do you think?”

Dusk Shine did not know how to answer though he did not want to stall, “I thought I was going to work directly with Your Majesty.”

“Oh, but you are. I need you to be in charge in my stead, there is noponyelse I trust more than you cuz.”

Dusk Shine bowed and said, “I will do as you command. When do I leave for this Pony Central?”

The King’s smile never dimmed as he seems overjoyed with what seemed like Dusk Shine’s enthusiastic attitude towards his job. “It would please Me that you go immediately and you will be given an itinerary to follow so that you can make sure everything is in order. If there is any information that you need I have arranged for you to stay at a library so that there is plenty of books at your disposal. I am told that the ponies of that town are very friendly so they may assist you as well. Thank you so much Prince Dusk Shine.”

Dusk Shine did not want to appear rude and the idea of living in a library made him slightly happier, “Your Majesty is very generous, I will make you proud. Also, if it pleases your Majesty I prefer to be called Dusk Shine.” He turned away to leave and the escort that brought him to the castle saw Dusk Shine off to the hot air balloon.

After Dusk Shine left King Cosmos turned to the attending guard pony and says, “Take a letter. Write to my cousin King Blue Blood and let him know that his son has arrived safely. Let Him know that I am pleased with His son’s character. You may leave me and send that letter as soon as it is finished.”

When the attending guard pony left King Cosmos took out a black cloak and put it on. He looked skyward and said in a musing voice, “Dusk Shine I hope that you can fulfill your task not just for me, but for Tenebrae as well. I am not asking for redemption, but I do want my brother back. For, we are all Bronies.”

Author's Note:

Sorry again for the delay. Got a new job and it has been eating up some of my free time. Unfortunately that may mean that I'll be posting when I get around to it. Though I hope I can make it worth the wait.