• Published 20th Apr 2013
  • 1,705 Views, 14 Comments

Half-Life : A World Beyond - Random Gamer



The following information was censored by Nightmare Moon, the current ruler of Equestria. Half-Life 2 Fusion Crossover

  • ...
3
 14
 1,705

Intermission 2 - Lies upon thy citizens

"Almost a hundred killed units in under twelve hours?!" shouted Nightmare Moon as she was talking to one of her highest-ranking commanders.

"How is that even possible?! You were given an order, by me and even signed a document to make sure no one escapes the city, let alone shoot their way out!"

"Mistress Nightmare Moon, we had no information about them. They were using disguises and couldn't be tracked. Reports also claim there were at least five of them, two groups made out of two and three equines. They split up and one of them took their chances with the tunnels while the rest continued through the canals. That's all we know." replied the commander.

"Their current location, uniform codes? Markers? Anything?" she furiously replied. "Anything useful?"

"No, my queen." he calmly replied while her nerves were about to break. Instead of that happening however, she just turned off his transmission and allowed Cadence into her chamber, who was waiting a long time.

"Ah, miss Mi Amora Di Cadenza. What brings a councillor to my chamber?" she asked her nicely.

"We need to talk - between four eyes." replied Cadence. Nightmare Moon told her guards to go out and closed the door.

"Yes?" she asked her. "What bothers you?"

"I can't do this anymore." answered Cadence.

"Pardon me?" asked Nightmare Moon, puzzled.

"I can't lie to ponies any longer. I keep telling them that they've relocated to a safer place, even though they had not. Every place has the same dirty rooms, beds and half-rotten rations." replied Cadence.

"Mi Amora, do I have to remind you that you yourself applied for this this job? You agreed to feed them lies."

"But not lies that would break families in half." Nightmare Moon tried to counter her argument but an old memory didn't allow her to. She though she had forgotten but it kept coming back, either in her nightmares or inadvertly mentioned by her subjects.

"Are you... are you crying?" said Cadance as she noticed tears rolling down her face. The memory came back again and she saw Celestia instead of Cadance, slowly being enveloped by a sphere of darkness.

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry..." she said as she saw Celestia fully encased in the darkness but then her vision returned to normal and she saw Cadance infront of her, confused.

"Sorry for what?" asked Cadance. She had never seen her during her flashbacks and assumed that those were Luna's memories and not her own.

"I'm going to have tell you to leave. You're free to go. You don't have to be a councillor anymore." said Nightmare Moon, still crying.

"Umm.. Thanks." Cadance left without a single word and Nightmare Moon turned around and stared at sky through a window. She then wiped away her tears and called her guards back in.