• Published 16th Mar 2013
  • 355 Views, 5 Comments

Super Natural - CookiesOnFridays



Fluttershy always wanted something to happen in her life. It was always the same thing over and over again and again. What she didn't expect was for her life to be turned upside down for good or for worse? Her actions determine the fate of two w

  • ...
5
 5
 355

Just a Normal Day

Supernatural-
Chapter 1- Just a Normal Day

The wind blows from the east, sending the sweet smells of flowers and morning dew into the empty streets of Ponyville. The sun has just risen up past the horizon, smiling with its nice warm glow saying, “Hey, it’s a new day!”

All the ponies wake up and stretch their hooves out the windows yawning. Birds chirp while barrel rolling in the sky and squirrels chatter together as they meet underneath the trees for a morning gathering. While everypony gets ready for another day, the lingering clouds clear themselves out to allow the sun’s rays to beat down on the wet grass. The streets shake in surprise as everypony clambers on the streets, going to where their lives lead. Fillies and colts race each other to the playgrounds for another day of play, stallions and mares go to the markets and before the world was fully awake, it was filled with voices going back and forth.

In the distance a small chimes causing all the animals to look up to the direction of the sound. All of them chatter and rush toward their destinations excitedly. Leaping over fences and trudging on the grass. A certain squirrel goes ahead of all the other animals and reaches the entrance of a house build in a tree. The door opens slowly, revealing a yellow mare with a pink mane holding a bell in her mouth. As she rings it gently once more, the rest of the animals in the area gather around and squeak excitedly.

Surrounding Fluttershy was a certain white bunny named Angel, or Lord Angel Cottontail the Seventh. Completely surrounded by a dozen or so bunny’s all yelling at the top of their voices screaming, “Reet, reet!” Which meant to shut the trap up in bunny language, or that’s what a lot of ponies thought.

The mare whispers softly and the noises stop slowly.

She gently brings out a bag of seeds from behind her, grabbing a hoof full and tossing them into the air littered with birds. One by one, each of them grabbed a beak full of seed. The mare then proceeds to pick up a basket and places it in front of the squirrel that was kneeling in front of her. As she did so, all the other squirrels bump into each other for the treats inside the basket. Immediately, Lord Angel stomped his paws against the squirrel right in front of the group of animals. The squirrel squawked against the small bunny legion, raising their small furry paws protesting screaming, “Crekt, crekt!”

Angel threatened to bash his fists against the squirrels’ faces and the rest of the bunny troops made the same gesture.

“You will never get my seeds alive!” Lord Angel yelled.

“Not before I eat them freely against them, it’s not against the law!”

Lord Angel Cottentail had his doubts, “The food belongs to the family of Lord Cottontail the Seventh! If you want to get to the produce, you must first go through us and-“

“Now, now all of you,” the mare said in a gentle voice, “don’t fight over a silly little basket! There’s plenty of food for all of you.”

The mare continued to feed the animals one by one, each bowing their heads to show thanks and leaving to do whatever little birds, squirrels and bears did. The mare went back inside her home and she sighed in relief. It was like any other morning, rising up early to the sun shine with birds, feeling the coolness of the wind as it enters her window, and feeding the animals. The mares name was Fluttershy, an animal lover who takes care of different species of wild life. Although she is mostly timid, around her friends she can be lively. With her soft voice and lush pink mane, it was enough to calm even an angry bear from going on a rampage. Fluttershy’s job was to check if the animals were healthy all over Ponyville. Not only that, but she was also an animal therapist (since she was the only pony who can understand what the animals were saying).

Fluttershy poured herself a cup of coffee and popped a piece of toast in the toaster. While waiting for the toast to finish she scanned her appointment schedule for the day. A few minutes later there was a soft *ding* and the smell of fresh toasted bread filled the air.

As she picked at the piece of toast, she laid it down on a plate along with her cup of joe. Just when Fluttershy was about to take a bite from her toast she felt a tap on her hind hoof, only to discover that there was a little bunny impatiently waiting for his morning meal.

“Oh sorry Angel,” Fluttershy said quickly moving toward her cupboard, “I thought I feed you along with the other animals! But here…” She said pulling out a carrot.

Angel jumped and grabbed the carrot, chewing on it greedily.

Angel was a pet of Fluttershy’s. Although short in size and aggressive, Angel was still a pet to love and adore. With his picky eating habits and needs, it was just by luck that the grumpy bunny took the carrot without slapping it away.

Whatever you do, do not listen to the words above! I am Lord Angel Cottontail the Seventh, a resident living in the establishment of the Fluttershy family. It is true I am short and aggressive but I am a living, fighting machine and for good reasons. I am a leader of over five hundred bunnies with another hundred being my children. I, Lord Angel Cottontail the Seventh have picky eating habits because there can be poison! Just last week we were attacked by those evil squirrels and thus we lost a bunny… The only reason I am eating the carrot greedily at the moment is due to not having proper nutrition, with over five hundred bunnies it is rather difficult to ration out food.

While Angel continued to shred the carrot to pieces, Fluttershy proceeded outside with a bit of toast still in her mouth and grinned as she saw another mare wobbling back and forth carrying a mailbag. With her crossed eyed stare, blonde mane, and a cutie mark that showed bubbles it was hard to ignore the best mail delivery mare in town.

Fluttershy swallowed her toast and waved, “Hey Derpy!”

Derpy hovered left and right inching her way toward Fluttershy. Unable to keep her balance in mid-air she surged forward, landing in front of the house face first. Fluttershy first gasped, than started poking gently at the motionless body of Derpy Whooves.

“Um…” Fluttershy muttered, “Derpy are you alright?”

“I’m fine Flutters!” Derpy said getting up slowly.

As much as everypony loved Derpy she was in a way unique. She wasn’t like the other ponies but she made up for it with hard work. Derpy loved mail, and she serves them with a smile. Her affection is contagious and as she got up handing Fluttershy her mail she smiled as well.

“So um… Is there anything new today?” Fluttershy said as she flipped through the envelopes.

It was the usual things as always. Bills, bills, coupons, appointment letters, local event notices, ads, and more bills. Fluttershy felt a ting of sadness. It seemed as if it was going to be the same thing again as any other morning. She wished something special would happen, as much as she didn’t want to sound like a drama queen, there just wasn’t much going on in this small town of Ponyville.

Derpy rummaged through her bag and whipped out a red notice with her mouth, “Yep!” She grunted softly.

Fluttershy took the paper and looked at it briefly. The title read, The Nature of Life Stolen!?’

The mare resisted the urge to frown, “T-The Nature of Life stolen!?”

Derpy just smiled, “Don’t look at me, the Manehatten Times published that! I heard that somepony or something stole that from the Equestrian Museum. There should be a picture or something on the back I think.”

As Fluttershy flipped the page over she frowned, it was like seeing an old snap shot of a black and white film. In the picture there was a stand with a glass case that was open. As she continued to scan the picture, there was a figure at the edge with a pointy hat and a beard but it was all shaded in black. Well, actually almost the entire picture was black since it was taken in the dark.

The figure seemed more as if it were Pinkie Pie with a party hat and a beard made of whip cream.

“Not only that, but I heard rumors that the thief's headed this way!”

“Umm Derpy,” Fluttershy said putting the paper down, “What exactly is The Nature of Life ? Isn’t it just a piece of jewelry?”

Derpy paused for a second wobbling her crossed eyes up and down, “It’s not just a piece of jewelry Fluttershy! It’s something that Celestia has created herself! It’s in the history books Fluttershy, maybe you should check it out!”

This time it was Fluttershy’s turn to pause and think for a minute. “Derpy, you read?”

Derpy laughed and then looked at Fluttershy smiling, “What’s reading?”

Fluttershy shook her head, “Uh it’s nothing.”

Derpy dug her hooves on the ground and then started to flap her wings. “Well,” Derpy stated, “I need to deliver the rest of the mail! I think there’s a party invitation to Pinkie’s in one of your envelopes.”

“Thanks Derpy, you’re great help.” Fluttershy said with a smile.

As the mares both waved good-bye Fluttershy went back into her cottage. She knew that in a few minutes she’ll have a customer who had an appointment.

She went upstairs and placed all the letters on her nightstand table along with the Culprit Coming This Way notification. As she dressed out of her robes she thought to herself, ‘Silly Derpy.’

A few minutes later there was a knock on her door. Trotting downstairs she opened the door and proceeded with her day. As the day went on and it turned night, the notification of the crook laid on the stand, completely forgotten.
------------------------------

“Thank you and come again!” Fluttershy said waving at the owner of her patient.

She watched the pony wave back and in haste started to trot at a fast pace while holding his pet.

Fluttershy closed the door behind her releasing a sigh of satisfaction. Her days work was done and it was time to relax. Even though there were more customers than usual it was no problem. There were a lot more requests earlier on in the day so she had to cram them in, translating to no lunch. Although it was hard to resist the roars and growls in her stomach which demanded food, she held fast and tonight she was going to reward herself to a treat.

Fluttershy went back upstairs to wash up and prep herself for the evening, while she did that the mare thought to herself, ‘Where to eat?’

At this hour most of the diners and restaurants would still be open, and she pondered on her own thoughts while grabbing a coat to leave for the evening. While doing so, there was a loud thud, knocking down the envelopes on her night stand.

Fluttershy gasped in fear as she felt the night stand bump on her rump, toppling the pages of letters and envelopes scattered around the room. One particular notification resided underneath the bed of Fluttershy and where Angel was lying in wait to attack for more squirrels. Alerted by the loud noise her got up and was about to confront the intruder, but as the piece of paper floated down in front of him he unwillingly started to read.

“Oh- Oh dear…” She said while picking them up.

As she stacked the envelopes once again she frowned and tapped her hooves together. Fluttershy felt as if she was missing another notification besides the bills and the ads. A red letter or something in that manner, but she quickly dismissed the thought as her stomach released another barrage of growls.

“Okay, okay settle down you little whale!” She said giggling to herself.

Fluttershy trotted downstairs and opened the door, while she was about to leave there was a tug on her coat. She looked down to see her pet Angel tugging and pulling with wide eyes and shaking his head.

“What’s the matter Angel are you hungry?”

Angel shook his head and stomped his long bunny feet on the ground franticly with his eyes wide like dinner plates. He pointed at the night sky above and waved his hands in the air.

Fluttershy chuckled, “Don’t worry Angel I won’t go to the sky I promise! I left some special carrot cakes for you in your bowl and I’ll be back soon Angel, I promise.”

Angel face palmed himself and released his grip on Fluttershy’s coat; watching her leave her establishment. Angel rushed back upstairs and looked at the red notification once more. Angel shivered when he turned to the back of the page to see the figure of the Gnome. As he turned it over to look at the small summary of writing he closed his eyes and rushed downstairs to follow his owner. The words on the back read, ‘Stay in-doors well after sunset’ with warning signs covering either side screaming danger. As a natural animal, Angel hated the supernatural or more like feared it. Though he was the commander of over five hundred bunnies, he had one fear and one fear only. The shadow in the picture made his gut cringe.
---------------------------------------

The breeze whistled against Fluttershy’s face while she trudged along the stone paved road toward the center of Ponyville. The leaves rustled, rubbing against one another as if trying to say good night. In the sky, stars dangled around the moon as it created its ominous glow along the road. Fluttershy hummed to herself,

“The moon light shines, bright up high…”

Wind continued to blow against her, making her mane fly in all directions.

“With the wind and the stars passing by,”

Only the sound of the leaves and her hoofsteps echoed around the surrounding air like it would in a cave. While she came closer to the center of town, the wind turned deathly cold. Fluttershy shivered and wrapped herself tighter with her coat.

“Streams of water running down a river, while the sun goes to rest…”

She took one more step and stopped abruptly.

“So lay here on the grass my baby, for the moon whispers-“

A leaf gently hovers in the air, then lands on Fluttershy’s back and she jumped, shrieking in surprise while yelling out the final word of her little hymn, “Sleep!”

Fluttershy whipped around and looked at the air in front of her.

The mare turned back around and proceeded with her walk, thinking, ‘Where is everypony…’

Though the sun reached its limit and dipped itself out of sight, there was normally still a buzz of activity around town. While Fluttershy started to take in abnormal things such as closed shops, boarded up diners, houses without a light a blaze, she shivered in confusion. The more she looked around, the more she felt her stomach flip.

She looked around and knocked on a house. First gently, a little harder the second them, and at the third try, she started to whip her hooves on the door. Fluttershy rushed to the next house and again banged on their doors. Nopony seemed to be awake at this hour and it was just a bit past dinner time.

Desperate to find some sort of life, Fluttershy rushed for the Twilight’s residence. Twilight was another friend of Fluttershy’s and was the smartest unicorn in Ponyville. Fluttershy thought to herself, ‘She must be able to know what’s going on.’

As Fluttershy drew near Twilight’s house and the first thing she noticed was that not a single candle or light bulb was awake inside the establishment. The curtains were partially drawn and the windows seemed to be closed.

“Twilight, Twilight!” Fluttershy whispered loudly in her soft voice as she knocked on the door.

There was no response.

She knocked again.

But there was still no sound or movement inside.

“T-T-Twilight?” Fluttershy whimpered.

There was a tapping on a glass window. Fluttershy looked around, confused of where it was coming form. Slowly, the tapping intensified and caught Fluttershy’s attention more vigorously. She looked up, to see a purple mare slowly opening her window and drawing the wind inside the dark void that surrounded her.

“Turn back…” Twilight whispered in a raspy voice as her mane drifted along the flow of the wind.

Fluttershy frowned, “Uh… W-What do you mean Twilight? I just wanted to know what was going on around here. I mean, there’s nopony-“

“Turn back…” Twilight said still in her mystic tone.

Fluttershy shook her head and glared at the purple mare, “N… No Twilight! I won’t leave, not until you tell me what’s going on-“

Without hesitation, Twilight closed her window and drew back the curtains once again. Fluttershy was once again left alone to fend off against the attacks of loneliness. She shivered as the wind slowly intensified and becoming a little more violent. Fluttershy didn’t know what to do, so instead she headed toward Rarity’s home.

‘I hope she can tell me the answers…’ Fluttershy thought to herself as she continued trotting slowly.

Unlike Twilight, Rarity was a fashionista and a drama queen. She was somepony who was good with clothes, colors, and gems. Fluttershy didn’t know why she would be heading toward somepony like her, but she figured she would at least check on her to make sure she was okay. Along with Sweetie Belle her sister of course.

Coming into the stone cobbled pavement of Ponyville Square, the amount of buildings added in number. She shivered as the houses casted deep dark shadows along the square. Fluttershy squeaked in fear and continued forward toward Rarity’s establishment. All the lights were off in her house as well as the others.

Fluttershy was now upon the door way, climbing the few steps slowly she braced herself and knocked softly. She could hear the echoes of knocking vibrate on the other side of the door. The house seemed to be deserted, or at least that’s what Fluttershy thought.

Fluttershy knocked again, hoping for a response and if any, to at least have a conversation like she had with Twilight.

The mare knocked once, twice, three times but there wasn’t any form of life in the large establishment of the Rarity’s residence.

Fluttershy sighed and trotted away, making haste, she didn’t notice the door creek open just a crack. A creature just grinned as he saw the mare trot away in a quick, viable fashion. It snapped its fingers and with a small poof, he was gone, leaving a small pile of purple dust behind.

“I should be going back but…” Fluttershy shivered before she could finish her sentence.

A cold chill slowly went up her spine and felt her coat rise straight up.

There was a lite thump behind her and she stopped. Petrified like a rock, she started to feel cold beads of sweat drip down her face. The wind touched her face, evaporating the droplets into the air. Leaving behind a chilled feeling on her cheeks and forehead.

Another thump sounded loudly behind her.

“H-H-H-He-Hello?” She stuttered.

Another step vibrated the ground and made her flinch.

‘W-What is it!?’ She thought to herself.

She could feel the thing or creature close to her hind at this point. Whatever it was, it approached slowly, taking its time as if it were ready for its kill.

Another thud and the noise finally succeeded. Fluttershy closed her eyes; biting her lip.

There was a tap on her hind legs and she bucked. Screaming, she turned around with her eyes still closed, and stomped on the creature that poked her.

“Go away you monster!” She yelled still stomping on whatever touched her, “Go away!”

She jumped on the soft body two more times and stepped away, panting heavily.

“W-Well, that wasn’t so ba-“

The mare looked down and gasped like it was her last breath of air. On the ground was a flattened looking bunny named Angel who didn’t release even one single tear. Despite the pain he was inflicted towards, he still wanted to talk to the Princess. The moment he got beat up, he thought to himself,

'Yes, yes it’s okay to release all your anger and emotion on me. I have sinned countless times and I deserved to be punished by Celestia herself. I hate myself because I couldn’t take care of my entire army. But now I know that sometimes discipline’s a good idea for having an effective family.'

“I-I’m sorry Angel!” Fluttershy yelped picking him up slowly, “I thought you were some kind of nasty and evil pony! Or… Or… Or some kind of m-m-monster!”

Lord Angel Cottontail the Seventh stared at her, twitching his broken limbs, “I-It’s okay my keeper… I know that you can having your moments and I shall never blame you, for you are the most understandable and loving-“

Fluttershy stared at Lord Angel with pity as all she heard from him was, “Reet… Reet…”

She smiled at the broken Angel and stroked one of his ears, “Come on, lets’ go home!”

In the trees some birds crowed in surprise and flew away towards the moon. Fluttershy cringed and quickened her pace. One of the birds got tangled in a stray twig and squaked like a mad demon. A pair of hands reached for its neck, and throttled it until there was a satisfying *Snap*; making its head limp.

A stray feather from the bird drifted off with the wind, floating away while rocking back and forth like a ship on a rough voyage.

The creature with the hands devoured the bird whole, and grinned from ear to ear. Licking its lips greedily, trying to get the lingering taste of fresh meat. It patted its stomach, than averted its attention to the mare below.

Branch to branch it jumped, leaping from tree to tree. With the wind hiding its noisy hopping, it stalked the mare until she reached her home. Cradling the bunny known as Lord Angel Cottontail the Seventh.

The creature grunted and breathed heavily as it watched the mare enter the house; closing the door quickly behind her.

It cackled with the wind as if drunk from the bird it ate. The wind whistled lightly as the creature slowly died down on the branch, watching the lights go off.

Fluttershy tucked herself to bed, cradling Angel who still laid broken, wrapped in a roll of bandages. And as she slowly drifted off to sleep a package laid on her door mat reading,

To: Fluttershy

From: Your Special Somepony

It was just another normal day, or was it.

Author's Note:

So... As I publish this I'm ready for the dislikes to flood in. I mean, I feel like the feel isn't there! I've been working really hard for this project and this is going to be big. Sadly, I'm the only proof reader and writer... I have another 4 chapters ready for future updates. I thank meme-asaurus for being awesome and giving me some sort of motivation to publish this AND letting me use his character, 'Lord Angel Cottontail the Seventh'.
I swear, that's an awesome name for Angel.
But anyways, I feel like this chapter is going to be a big bad bomb... Well, lets get this over with...