• Published 12th Mar 2013
  • 1,379 Views, 146 Comments

My Little Warriors: Fallen Stars - Truzzle



When two Clans are losing prey, six newcomers come in the midst of it, with the fate of the two Clans in their hooves.

  • ...
2
 146
 1,379

Chapter 8

Chapter 8




Yowls, gasps, and cries of terror rang out as the monster rumbled past, over the crouching Duskshine who had pushed Dawnlight out of the way only moments before. Now, as the rumbling stopped, Dawnlight got up and looked at Duskshine.

"Twilight...?" she mewed, hoping she wasn't dead.

"I'm fine," meowed Duskshine as she got up. As Duskshine shook herself, dust and dirt flew everywhere.

"TWILIGHT'S ALIVE! TWILIGHT'S ALIVE!!!" cried Dawnlight as she bounced over to Duskshine and hugged her. "Oh, I had been distracted by the shiny thing and I didn't notice the monster until it was too close and then you-"

"It's alright, Pinkie," meowed Duskshine. "It's alright." The two cats then walked back to the other cats who awaited them on the gray stone that lay next to the Thunderpath they were on.

"Heavens, darling, are you alright?" asked Icefur, walking up to Duskshine and Dawnlight.

"I'm fine, Icefur," meowed Duskshine. "Just a bruise."

"I don't think that's just'a bruise, sugar cube," meowed Applejack, pointed her nose to a tiny, slim river of scarlet blood coming from Duskshine's shoulder.

"It'll be fine," meowed Duskshine, glancing at the shoulder. "I think it's just a scrape."

"It's still something a medicine cat should attend to," meowed Silvertail. "As well as something to stop you from hunting anytime soon."

Duskshine sighed upon hearing this. "Let's just get back to camp," she groaned, leading the way with Silvertail and the others close behind.

~~~

As Dawnlight woke up the next morning, she yawned in the sunhigh light. She had stayed up nearly all night frantically worrying about her friend and questioning Brightfeather if she was alright. Brightfeather had repeatedly said that Duskshine was fine and would return to the warrior's den the next day, but Dawnlight had asked many times, and Brightfeather had eventually raised her voice and asked Dawnlight politely if she could rest and check on Duskshine in the morning.

Now that Dawnlight was awake, she got an idea. We never finished our fun camping trip in Equestria, she thought. So what if we took a walk tonight? To Dawnlight, this sounded like a great idea, kind of like a cat party. Without hesitation, Dawnlight ran out of the warrior's den and bumped into Rainpelt. The two then toppled over in a pile of pale red-brown and blue-gray fur.

"Be more careful, Dawnlight," hissed Rainpelt, getting up. "Why are you in such a big rush anyways?"

"I want you, Duskshine, Appleheart, Icefur, Brightfeather, and I to go out on a walk tonight!" she meowed, also getting up. "Doesn't it sound fun? Like a cat party?!" By now, Dawnlight was bouncing up and down with Rainpelt watching her closely.

"I guess..." meowed Rainpelt. "...Sure, I'll go. Beats staying in camp all the time."

"Great!" meowed Dawnlight. "I'm going to go tell the others now. Bye!" With that, Dawnlight turned and ran off to the medicine cat's den.