• Published 12th Mar 2013
  • 1,379 Views, 146 Comments

My Little Warriors: Fallen Stars - Truzzle



When two Clans are losing prey, six newcomers come in the midst of it, with the fate of the two Clans in their hooves.

  • ...
2
 146
 1,379

Chapter 14

Chapter 14




Dawnlight could barely manage to sit still in the crowd of cats around her. Every cat in the Clan was sitting beneath the Highledge, waiting for Duskstar to call a Clan meeting. Tonight, Duskstar would announce the deputy; as well as three more Clan cats who, like her and her friends, appeared out of nowhere in Clan territory as cats.

"This is going to be so exciting!" exclaimed Dawnlight to no one in particular.

"Ya'll got that one right," meowed Appleheart, who had been sitting between Dawnlight and Rainpelt. "It could be nearly any one of us."

"L-" yowled Duskstar up above the assembled cats. Her yowl was cut abruptly off when she saw everyone in the Clan was already waiting for the meeting a few fox lengths beneath her. "Looks like you're all already here! So... everyone, it's time to announce the new deputy and the arrival of some newcomers."

"Hallo," whispered a high voice behind Dawnlight. She turned her head to see a small, starry, silver tabby kit sitting behind her. Dawnlight, barely managing not to shout, replied with a happy whisper of greeting.

"First," meowed Duskstar, seeming to arrange her thoughts. "We shall name the new deputy of TwilightClan. It took me a long time to decide who, but I feel like I should have seen it from the beginning. Hard working, responsible, everything a good deputy should be." There was a slight pause, where Dawnlight had to bite her tail to prevent herself from yowling out loud.

"The new deputy will be Appleheart."

"YAY APPLEHEART!!!" yowled Dawnlight, first and loudest to release her approval. Other meows of approval flooded the crowd of Clan cats as Appleheart sat there, clearly nervous and surprised by her being put in such a high rank.

"Thank you, Duskstar," Appleheart managed to blurt after a moment of congratulations.

Duskstar nodded and returned to the meeting. "Now then," she meowed. "Celestia, please step forward." The Celestia-cat slowly, nervously, and proudly walked up to the towering Highledge. "Celestia, do you wish to become a warrior of TwilightClan?"

Celestia-cat nodded.

"I, Duskstar, leader of TwilightClan, call upon my warrior ancestors to look down on this newcomer," meowed Duskstar, her voice echoing off the walls of the Clan camp. "She has come to our land, likely by your own command, and wishes to understand the ways of your noble code, and I commend her to you as an apprentice-warrior in her turn."

"Celestia," meowed Duskstar, looking at Celestia-cat. "Do you promise to uphold the warrior code, and to protect and defend this Clan, even at the cost of your life?"

"I do," meowed Celestia-cat in honest reply. Dawnlight held her breath as the rest of this ceremony went on.

"Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name." spoke Duskstar. "Celestia, from this moment you will be known as Sunheart, and your mentor will be Mouseears.StarClan honors your courage and your loyalty, and we welcome you as an apprentice-warrior of TwilightClan."

"SUNHEART!!!" yowled Dawnlight, louder than the others as Sunheart and Mouseears touched noses. "SUNHEART! SUNHEART! SUNHEART!!!"

As newly named former princess Sunheart proudly trotted back into the crowd with Mouseears, Duskstar was calling Luna-cat up to the front. However, Dawnlight was so excited at this time, she only heard Luna-cat becoming Moonpaw, apprentice of Spottednose. Now, Cadence-cat was going to the front. But once again, Dawnlight was too excited to listen to anything except that Cadence-cat became a queen named Flowerpetal. After all the congratulations passed, the ceremony was closed. Dawnlight turned to speak to the StarClan kit, but it faded along with many other StarClan cats until they were gone.

"This meeting could have been 20% cooler," meowed Rainpelt, coming up behind Dawnlight. Despite her words, Dawnlight could tell Rainpelt was thrilled by what just happened.