• Published 12th Mar 2013
  • 1,379 Views, 146 Comments

My Little Warriors: Fallen Stars - Truzzle



When two Clans are losing prey, six newcomers come in the midst of it, with the fate of the two Clans in their hooves.

  • ...
2
 146
 1,379

Chapter 9

Chapter 9




Cool, night air tugged at Brightfeather's fur as she followed her friends through the woods to Threepines. This is where they were going to visit for tonight, alone in the forest. She had gone to Threepines a couple times before to gather the last bit of herbs that grew near it.

Pushing her way through the bushes behind her friends, she found herself inside of Threepines. Three, large pine trees stood on opposite ends of the clearing, with a large, smooth stone in the center.

"Oh my goodness!" she gasped, looking around at the moonlit clearing. It was beautiful in the moonlight, tinted silver and glowing.

"Come on up here, guys!" called Dawnlight, already on top of the Great Rock with Rainpelt. Nervously, Brightfeather helped Duskshine up since Duskshine was still recovering from her shoulder injury, and was closely followed by Icefur. The top of the rock was big enough for all of them to sit comfortably on. Sitting down, she relaxed, watching the stars in the sky as her friends talked. In the sky, she saw six oddly colored stars. One was red, one was purple, another was light blue, the fourth one was green, the fifth orange, and the center one was purple-pink. The stars flashed, then began getting bigger and closer.

"Uh, guys..." mewed Brightfeather. The stars got closer.

"Guys..." she mewed again, louder this time. Still, the stars got closer.

"Guysss...." she mewed, once again louder than before.

"Ye, Brightfe-" meowed Duskshine, stopping short upon seeing the stars that were dangerously close and bright.

All of the six friends looked up as the stars glowed brighter and got closer.

"EVERYPONY RUN!" yowled Dawnlight, leaping off the Great Rock. Upon hearing and seeing this, everyone else around Brightfeather ran in different direction off the mighty rock. Brightfeather scrambled off the rock and hid behind one of the three great pine trees and squeezed her eyes shut tight. As a clink sounded, a bright, blinding light flashed, and then vanished.

Peaking around the tree, Brightfeather saw something she never thought she would in this world. She, along with her friends, slowly walked up to the six jeweled artifacts and gasped. These were the Elements of Harmony.

"What are these doing here?" asked Duskshine, obviously nearly speechless. "How did these get here?"

"I don't know," meowed Appleheart. "But maybe we should do some'thin with 'em."

"Hey," meowed Rainpelt.. "I think I got an idea. Remember how the fresh-kill pile was so low?"

"You do know it's still leaf-bare, right?" asked Applejack. "There just hasn't been snow in'a bunch'a moons."

"Nightleaf told me that newleaf should have come by now," mewed Brightfeather.

"That's it!" meowed Duskshine. "In Equestria, spring already came! But here, it can't come!"

"But how in Equestria would that be possible?" asked Icefur.

"I don't know," meowed Duskshine. "But maybe someone put a spell on the forest and valley."

"Or maybe the Clans just haven't wrapped up their winter correctly!" gasped Dawnlight.

"I don't think they do what we do," meowed Brightfeather.

"I'll try to think of spells that might work with the Elements of Harmony to return the prey," meowed Duskshine. "Or... something at least."

"Alright, but where'r we gonna put these here Elements of Harmony for the meantime?" asked Appleheart.

"We can put them in here," meowed Dawnlight, nodding to an abandoned fox den hidden between one of the three pine tree's roots.

"Good idea," meowed Duskshine, nudging the six Elements of Harmony into the back of the abandoned den. "Now, there's a Gathering tomorrow, so let's get back to camp." After everyone nodded their agreement, the six cats trekked back to camp.