• Published 1st Oct 2011
  • 4,552 Views, 97 Comments

The Tale of KyuubiDash - TheLunarArmy



Rainbow Dash discovers a dark secret about her element of Loyalty. Can she contain her inner demons?

  • ...
4
 97
 4,552

Chapter 9: Weaponized Loyalty

Chapter 9: Weaponized Loyalty

Written by TheLunarArmy

Edited by Ezn

Applejack was fighting fiercely to maintain control of the rope clenched in her mouth. In the perfect opportunity Applejack managed to lasso Dash left wing again, but unfortunately the rope had started to smoke, confirming Applejack's suspicion that the demon cloak acted as a protective barrier. Dash turned her attention to Applejack, who was keeping her firmly grounded.

"Haha, looks like you're still as weak as you were during our tug of war at the Iron Pony compitition, Applesmack!" taunted Dash as she pulled back on the rope, causing Applejack to slip forward and fall to the ground.

Rainbow took the opportunity to rush forward and lift both arms over Applejack, in an attempt to crush her under hoof. Twilight and Rarity quickly sprung into action, using their magic to create a temporal shield over Applejack and pull her to safety, respectively. But Dash delivered her attack anyway, driving her mighty hooves straight through the arcane magic and shattering it with ease. Applejack had luckily made it clear of the impact zone and was back on her hooves

"This is gettin' us nowhere, sugar cube!" yelled Applejack, "Why are you fighting us? This is not like you at all."

The rope had turned to ash and Dash took flight. She hovered a few meters off the ground, staring intently at the four ponies in front of her.

"Let's just call this revenge for the abuse you guys put me through. Why talk things out when..." Dash quickly ground her sentence to a halt as she realized Fluttershy was missing. She realized that Applejack had been distracting her so she wouldn't notice Fluttershy's disappearance. Not wanting to spoil the fun, Dash decided to make short work of the rest of the group before her they could execute their plan.

The demon cloak started to bubble and warp outward, creating two large ethereal arms out of the haze’s main body. Dash had full control of the arms, as if they were attached her body physically; stretching them outward to test their reach.

"Cool, huh? Let’s see if they can let’s see how sharp they are," said Dash who was slowly losing more of her sanity due to the Kyuubi’s psychopathic will. Although she was aware of her thoughts being corrupted by darkness, she embraced it. No pony cared about her feelings anymore anyway.

The arm on the left stretched upward, creating a massive shadow that eclipsed the sun from every pony's sight.

Pinkie Pie felt another combo and quickly yelled for Twilight to duck left. Twilight did so and could feel a light graze of the demon cloak as the claw swung past her right side. Dash pulled the arm back and decided to aim for Pinkie instead. However, after another combo she easily dodged the claw as it struck the ground a few centimeters in front of her.

"Enough of this!" yelled a frustrated Dash, "You guys will pay for what you've done. As the Element of Loyalty, I swear I would bring justice."

The Kyuubi chuckled.

"Maybe a little more power will drive her over the edge," said the fox out loud as he channeled additional Chakra energy to Dash's heart, making it overflow with corruption.

Twilight and Rarity levitated cobblestones from a nearby road to shield the group from Dash's relentless demon claw assault. The two unicorns cringed every time the claws made contact with the stone shield. Applejack was starting to worry about how long they would be able to hold out.

"Listen, I really hate to say this, but it looks like we're gonna hafta unleashed all the Elements’ powers to strike Dash down."

"No," said Twilight, "We can still saver her - she’s just being manipulated!"

Another claw struck the shield, causing Rarity to lose focus for a moment. She quickly sparked up her horn to maintain the shield, whinging at the mental strain it had on her.

"Twilight..." whispered Rarity, "I... can't... hold out any longer. Please... reconsider Applejack's offer."

Twilight turned to Pinkie Pie, hoping to find empathy - but even she bore a grim expression on her face.

"Pinkie, what do you think?"

Pinkie Pie looked directly into Twilight's eyes. When she spoke, she sounded as sure as any pony there had ever heard her being.

"It’s like you said, Twilight: if we have to break every bone in her body to get her back, then I say we do it."

"Alright," said Twilight, "I was hoping we would only need to use the Elements to protect us from the demon's power, but it seems like Dash has really betrayed us."

"Sorry, Twi. But if we don't stop Dash here, there’s no telling what she or that demon will do to Ponyville, or to the rest of Equestria!"

Twilight nodded.

"Okay. Let’s buy as much time as we can, so that Fluttershy can bring in the reinforcements."

<>-<>

The stone shield collapsed and a surprised Dash found herself staring at four very different faces than the ones she was used to. Her friends seemed different, almost as if they had had complete personality changes while they were hiding behind the stone shield. She liked it. Maybe she would finally be able to have some fun.

"Finally decided to stop behind some dirty old rocks, huh? Alright, let’s see what you got."

Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie lit up their necklaces. Dash knew this move, and used the demon cloak claws to form her own barrier just as the three ponies fired their energy blasts at her. The bolts hit the cloak and it whittled, but then regenerated, too quickly for the bolts to actually get through to Dash.

"Haha! Is that all you got?" laughed a sadistic Dash.

"No, Rainbow," came a whisper from behind her.

To her horror, Dash turned around to see Twilight behind her. She was hovering alongside Dash, with both her eyes and tiara glowing in a bright white haze. The Element of Magic had tapped into her well of power and was readying a terrifying spell that no pony had seen for over a hundred years.

Six white spheres started to orbit around Twilight, each a miniature sun spinning on its own axis. Dash considered extending a claw to disrupt Twilight's concentration but it would allow the other Elements to damage her with their energy blasts. Whatever Twilight was planning, Dash would simply have to bide it out.

"I'm sorry, Dash." yelled Twilight.

One sphere struck her, followed by another, and then another, every strike enveloping Rainbow Dash in its own blazing inferno. Rainbow fell to the ground, wrapped in the scorching-hot fire. The other Elements quickly ran over and pinned her to the ground, using their own power to shield them from the fire and the demon cloak.

Even though Dash was in tremendous pain she quickly bucked herself loose and backed away, using her demon claws to pat out the remaining fire. She immediately sprung back into action, attempting to strike Twilight with her claws, but with Pinkie's warning, her strikes were quickly avoided.

"Alright, let me help you out, Dashie," whispered the fox in her conscious.

The demon cloak bubbled again, causing two more "tails" to form alongside Dash's current single tail. Even more of the demon's power seeped into Dash's body, causing her fox-like appearance to sharpen. Dash let out a deafening shriek as the power overwhelmed her body.

Pinkie was twitching again, but before she could say a single word, the new three-tailed demon Dash moved directly in front of her and swiped her sides with her cloak claws. The other three ponies watched in terror as Pinkie Pie was pushed aside helplessly, trailing a stream of blood from three large gashes in her side.

"DASH!" yelled Applejack.

Rainbow swooped towards her and proceeded to headbutt her in the ribs, knocking her over. Dash's new speed made it impossible for Twilight or Rarity to keep up with her movement, so it came as no shock when Rarity was also forced to the ground with a single smack from Dash's demon cloak.

Only Twilight remained. Her friends were unconscious and Fluttershy was still nowhere to be seen. Dash slowly walked towards her prey. Twilight unleashed another volley of magical blasts from her horn, which dispersed helplessly in front of Dash. Admitting defeat, Twilight fell to her knees in tears.

"Please, Dash, please don't do this," cried Twilight. "We... I love you... and it pains me to see what you're doing... please stop..."

Dash stood still. She glanced down at the helpless pony in front of her. It struck a nerve. Twilight's confession and the overflow of emotions caused Dash to reconsider.

She tried to reach out and touch Twilight's face in remorse. However, this action was met by massive surge of pain that streaked across her forearm.

She turned around to see Princess Luna wielding a massive black saber. Before Dash could react, Luna lunged forward, the massive blade to slice through the section of the demon cloak that protected Dash's bleeding forearm. Luna bounced backwards and lit up her horn, wielding the blade professionally above her head.

"Cometh at me, demon," said Luna as she poised herself.

<>-<>

Deep within the Everfree forest flew Fluttershy. She swerved left and right, dodging tree branches and other obstacles that littered the forest floor. The ground beneath her started to shake, knocking many of these branches off their trees.

Fluttershy stopped for moment, landed to the ground and turned around.

"Please hurry, Thornreeds," yelled Fluttershy, "We... we don't have much time..."

The trees in behind the pegasus suddenly split apart, revealing a big, no, really big green dragon with super sharp claws and extra spikey tail, breaking through the forest overgrowth.

"I don't understand what the rush is, Fluttershy. I haven't seen you since my last back message and now you drag me out of my cave? What is going on?" demanded the slightly annoyed Thornreeds.

Fluttershy kicked off back into the air, turned tail and resumed her flight, with the dragon close behind. She had to think carefully about what to say to the scaly behemoth following her - she was still unsure whether or not it was okay to hurt Dash. Her judgement was so clouded that she narrowly escaped flying straight into an overhanging tree branch, swerving away just to miss it by a hair’s breadth.

"I uh... need your help stopping my... friend," said Fluttershy as she continued to lead the dragon out of the forest.

"You need me to stop a pony?" laughed the dragon, "That sounds ridiculous! What, is your friend being possessed by a demonic force that makes him invulnerable or something?"

"Well, actually...."

The party of two reached the edge of the forest but ground to halt by the bright lights that had formed just outside the clearing. In a burst of blue flame the lights disappeared to reveal a silver, armour-clad unicorn. Fluttershy and Thornreeds were surprised to see the pony, but were even more surprised when more armoured unicorns teleported into formation around her. Faerie Fyre turned towards the forest and noticed the odd pair peering through the foliage.

"Reveal yourselves," demanded the master.

Fluttershy flew out and landed in front of her, with the mighty green dragon trailing close behind. The soldiers gasped upon seeing the dragon up close, but were too focused on keeping in formation to show fear.

Faerie looked at Fluttershy’s necklace and instantly recognized it as an Element of Harmony.

"That necklace..." said Faerie. "You are the Element of Kindness, Fluttershy, correct?"

The pegasus nodded.

"Who's your friend?"

"Oh... his name is Thornreeds. I asked him to help me uhh... stop... my friend."

"Rainbow Dash? What has happened to her?"

"I don't know, but it looks like she's gone crazy. So crazy, that I think only dragon would be strong enough to stop her."

"It's the demon, right?"

"Uh-huh - wait, how do you know...?"

"I am Faerie Fyre. Princess Celestia sent me to help contain Dash in the event that she got out of hand. Looks like I got here just in time."

"We'd better hurry. There’s no telling what she could be doing to my friends right now."

The master nodded and with a simple wave of her hoof, the entire battalion of thirty or so soldiers started galloping towards Ponyville.

"Stay close, Fluttershy. And, uh... make sure your dragon friend knows exactly who we're fighting," said Faerie as the trio followed close behind.

<>-<>

Back on the outskirts of the town, an epic battle was underway.

Princess Luna gracefully dodged the claws while simultaneous trying to carve away at Dash's demonic cloak with her Dusk blade. She brought the sword in back to her mouth and held it tightly: this way she had more control over its movement.

Dash flung two claws, which impaled themselves into the ground on either side of Luna's wings. With a swift nudge of her head, Luna quickly sliced into the ethereal cloak and severed the claws from the rest of its body. Dash's leg had healed from her initial attack.

The two ponies stood equally matched. Luna was able to successfully dodge any attack Dash made, and Dash was able to degenerate any injuries she received. After fighting in this way for some time, the two took a two steps back to catch their breath.

"You fighteth well in pony's body, demon," said Luna as she levitated the blade out of her mouth. "But I will bring you down and return the fair Rainbow Dash to her former self."

"Dream on, princess," lamented the pegasus, "this is the real me, and I ain't going nowhere with you royalty scum!"

"Rainbow, why in Equestria are you attacking your friends? Have you forgotten everything about friendship?"

"Like what?! You know this is all your fault anyway, Nightmare Moon."

Luna cringed at that name, but was still curious as to why Dash was blaming her.

"You say it is my fault that you are savagely hurting your friends?"

Dash leaped forward, grinding against the Dusk blade with her demon cloak claws. Sparks sprinkled as the two forces were equally matched.

"When Nightmare Moon had to be stopped," continued Dash as she attempted to snap the blade with her claws, "I was given the Element of Loyalty with the demon inside it. It was because of you that it is living inside of me."

The two broke apart again and Luna stumbled a little. She regained her footing and took a few precious seconds to look around. Her guards had been able to move the four remaining Elements of Harmony away from the fight and were applying first-aid to them. Although Twilight was still conscious, she was in no condition to stop Rainbow, and the guards were making sure she did not interfere with the fight.

Luna looked back at Dash.

"I am afraid that title does not belong to you anymore, Rainbow Dash."

"Say what now?"

Luna levitated the Dush blade horizontally, revealing that Dash's necklace was attached to the sword like a hilt. The blade started to glow in an ominous red colour as the sword fed off the Element's power.

"I used your necklace to power my Dusk blade. So you have been fighting against your own power. The Element of Loyalty is no longer yours, but mine."

The anger on Dash’s face soon faded and was replaced by a large, dark smile.

"Ahahaha," laughed Rainbow Dash, "You think an Element of Harmony is some title and a lousy necklace given to a pony who shows that quality? You are more daft than you look, princess. I do not own the Element of Loyalty, I am the Element of Loyalty. Let me demonstrate."

Dash extinguished her demon cloak and walked closer to the blade. Her body still had fox-like features on it, but she was walking up to he sword completely defenseless.

"Oh come now, Dash. Here I thought you were going to put up a fight," said Luna as she levitated the blade upward and swung it straight down at Dash.

The blade stopped inches from Dash's neck. Luna tried to force the blade down further, but it wouldn't budge. Some mysterious force was holding it back.

"You see? I AM the Element of Loyalty. And any weapon you try to use against me will fail."

"But..." demanded Luna, "How did you know it wouldn't...?"

"The same way Twilight had a mentor that teaches her magic, I have a mentor that teaches me power."

"The demon is teaching you?!"

"That's right," answered Dash. "He also says it’s safe for me to do this."

Dash turned around and gave a mighty buck, shattering the blade from its hilt. A surge of energy burst outward and pushed Luna aside.

The smoke cleared, revealing Dash, fully enveloped in her three-tailed demon cloak and wearing her necklace as well.

Luna saw in horror that the reawakened Element of Harmony had fused with the demon cloak's dark energy and had started to glow bright red. It too was now giving power to Rainbow Dash. Dash used a demon cloak claw to sweep the hilt-less blade aside, making a path directly to the seemingly defenseless Princess.

"Now," said Dash. "Let's see how well you defend yourself without that silly toothpick sapping my power..."