• Published 1st Feb 2012
  • 3,390 Views, 70 Comments

Head in the Clouds - Noash123



Rainbow Dash and Rarity? Unexpected.

  • ...
8
 70
 3,390

Ethereal

"In my wildest dreams, you always play the hero. In my darkest hour of night, you rescue me, you save my life." - Anonymous


The white unicorn snuggled under Rainbow Dash’s wing. The vibrantly colored pegasus smiled warmly. She enjoyed this. The serenity; being disconnected from the troubles of Ponyville. Rainbow Dash nuzzled Rarity, and she nuzzled back. They sat there in silence, because no words needed to be said. They were both content to sit there, on the hill overlooking the grass field, and just watch Celestia’s sun slowly set behind the horizon.

A small flock of birds flew by, adding to the tranquility of the near unearthly scene. The silence was broken when Rarity gave a small yawn, and lay her head down on the grass; a small, complacent smile on her face. Dash looked down at the blissful unicorn. A tear came to her eye. The whole scene, lied out in front of her. It was perfect. The pegasus lay her head down softly on the back of the white pony, and closed her eyes.

Some time passed. Rarity looked up at Dash, who was peacefully resting her head. Dash looked down, and their eyes locked. A twinkle filled Rarity’s eyes, and Dash couldn’t help but notice her own face turn bright crimson. The white pony pecked the pink-faced pony on the cheek, and lay her head back down on the crisp grass. Dash felt her face burning. This was just how she wanted it. Just the two of them; alone and with each other.

Another tear formed under Dash’s closed eyes. The tear escaped, and rolled down her cheek, hitting Rarity’s coat. Rarity looked up at Dash, who proceeded into a sitting position. “Is something wrong?” Rarity asked with concern. Dash looked at her with a pleasant smile.

“No, nothing's wrong. In fact, everything is right. This landscape, your beauty---” Dash stopped, her cheeks flaming. Rarity smiled, and blushed slightly herself.

“It’s all so unreal, isn’t it?” Rarity said with a soft smile, her eyes fixed on the scenery.

Dash nodded softly, her cheek wet from another stray tear. “I never thought we’d be together. I always worried that you.. you wouldn’t..”

“Love you?” Rarity spoke, a gentle tone in her voice.

Dash nodded again, this time not saying anything.

The unicorn gave a sympathetic smile and nuzzled the pegasus. Dash smiled slightly, and nuzzled back.

“Thanks,” She said, a hint of sadness still lingering in her voice.

Her mind was focused on everything at once. The strangest thing, though, was that she didn’t remember how she got here. Onto this beautiful and sweet smelling grass; next to the pony she thought she could only ask for. Everything was perfect; not a single bad thing.. at least that she could remember.

She dismissed it, and lied back down on the grass, next to the now settling Rarity.

“Hey, um, Rarity? May I ask you something?”

Rarity looked over and nodded; another concerned look taking over her face.

“How did you feel when I.. confessed how I felt about you..?”

The white pony looked slightly dumbfounded. She hadn’t expected a question like this.

“I.. was actually.. happy. I had been feeling the same way about you, and I guess you worked up the courage before I did.”

Rainbow Dash had taken up a proud look on her face. That she had not only gotten the courage to state her feelings, but that she did it first.

Rarity saw the pegasus’ pleased look, and smiled. She set her head down on Rainbow Dash’s back, and let out a placate sigh. Rainbow continued to look out, as the last of the sun’s light shone it’s way into Equestria. The last of the animals had skittered into their homes, and the crickets began their soft lilt. The last of the sun’s rays set back behind the horizon, and Luna’s moon had began it’s ascent across the sky, shedding a dim, white light on the two ponies who lie out on the crest of the field. Dash bundled against Rarity, and the two of them situated in silence.

Rainbow Dash’s thoughts lingered; her eyes closed, and she rested her head on Rarity’s back. Reticence beset the field, and a sense of concord swept over Rainbow Dash. Just the two of them.. alone and with each other. Her heart swelled with a strange emotion she had never felt before.. love. She inhaled one last whiff of the nature that surrounded them, and she grinned. Everything.. so quiet.. so blissful.. so.. dreamlike.