• Published 9th Mar 2013
  • 303 Views, 0 Comments

Mystery in Equestria - EndlessKnight980



short story about a P I solving Mystery

  • ...
 0
 303

Chapter 7: The Odd key Part 1-3

"Ok. so my friend came up with a idea. this is not that idea. but his idea will be coming up later. but it a Movie chapter. just think of this three parter as a movie." So the writer type.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was a bright morning as a blue unicorn with green mane name Ox. he was preparing for the auction. He ran the Ponyville auction house and was the auctioneer. He had a lot of things to auction off today. Some poor pony had pass away and his family was selling everything. He remember that he was some professor of some kind. It didn’t matter to him. All he know was that there was some odd things to sell today. He look over the things he was selling today. He pull out his clipboard and quill. He talk to himself as he went down the list. Checking thing off things as he went.

“Let see. We got a 12 piece dinning room set. Grand father clock. Box of small paintings. Box of books. Some science equipment. A globe of equestria. A recliner. A queen size bed and frame. Three small music boxes. And this large wooden star map.” he said as he check them off. He put a sign on it that read. Lot 1. He look over to the clock on the wall. He had two hours before the auction started. He still had a lot to do. Other lots to sort and get ready.

“Excuse me sir.” he turn to face a Yellow Mare in a light blue sun dress and big hat with feather in it.

“Yes how may I help you.” he said.

“I was wondering if I could buy that lot there.” she said pointing at Lot 1.

“I’m sorry miss. But you’ll have to bid on it just like every other pony.” he said.

“O please. I really would like to buy them now.” she said with big puppy dog eyes.

“I’m sorry miss. I can’t do that. But you can bid on them in two hours. That when we start biding.” he said.

“Alright them.” she said walking away.

--------------(2 hour later)-----------

Ox started the auction with dinning room set. It went to a lovely couple for 120 bits. Then the globe went to the school teacher. She got it for 5 bits. The bed and grand father clock went to a regular name Rose for 200 bits total. Princess Twilight enter the hall soon after the star map was sold. She took a seat next to Miss Rose.

“Alright Mare and stallions. Next up is these boxes. Each one has something different in them. The seller has ask us to make these a Mystery box. So you could win big or small.” Ox told the crowd. The crowd talk to each other. He love this. There was going to be a good biding war.

“Let start with this box here. Who will give me 10 bits.” he said. Twilight put her hoof up.

“Now 20.” he said. The Mare from earlier put her hoof up.
“Now 30.” he said. Rose put her up.

“Now 40.” Twilight put her hoof up.

“And 50.” The blue mare put her up.

“100 bits.” Everyone turn and saw Kindle with his hoof up. Ox was speechless.

“Any other bids?” he ask. No one put they hoof up.

“It yours. Now let see what you got.” he said opening the box.

“Random science equipment.” he said. The crowd laugh a little as he took a seat next Rose and Twilight.

“Why did you just spent that may bits on a box?” Twilight ask.

“I needed some lab equipment and I saw it was on the lots list.” he told them.

“But still 100 bits. That not easy to come by.” she said.

“Don’t worry miss. Kindle has been saving his money for Que some time now. He made a sum of money.” Rose said with a wink at Twilight.

“Ok onto the next box.” Ox said before Twilight say another word.

“Let start the biding a 30 bits.” he said. Rose put her hoof up.

“100 bit.” The blue mane said.

“110.” a green unicorn call out.

“130.” a purple Pegasus call out.

“200.” The Blue mare call out. The biding stop.

“200 bit going once.” Ox call out.

“Twice.”

“Sol...”

“500 bits.” Twilight call out. Everyone gasp. She had a paper in her hoof. Kindle had pass it to her.

“500 bits?” Ox ask. Making shore he hear her right. She nodded.

“Any other bids?” he ask. He look to the blue mare.

“Then sold to Princess Twilight Sparkle for the amount of 500 bits.” Ox said pulling the box forward. He open it. Inside was books.

“Well Twilight. Look like you got what you wanted and it only cost you 500 bits.” Kindle said making fun of her.

“Being a Princess has it perks.” she said with a smile.

“But thank you. How did you know it was going to be books?” she ask. He was going to tell them but Ox started with the next box.

“Alright. On to the next and finally box. Let start the biding low.” Ox said.

“100 bit.” Kindle cry out.

“Any other bids? No? Then sold. You got a box of paintings.” Ox said opening the box.

“I’ll give you 110 bits for those.” Rose told him.

“Deal.” he said with a laugh. Twilight roll her eyes.

“Now for our final items for this lot. These three music boxes. Each one plays a lovely little tune. We’ll be selling them off one at a time. We’ll start the biding a 20 bits.” Ox said. The blue mare put her hoof up. follow by the other in the hall. Kindle watch as the bidding soon reach 75 bit. It was a nice little music box. A green unicorn won it. Kindle decided to bid on the next one and give it to Fireball. See as her birthday was this Friday.

“Alright let get onto the next one. Let start at 40 bits.” Ox said. Kindle put his hoof up.

“60 bits” The blue mare call out. She shoot him a mean look. He surge it off and decided to let her have it.

“Sold for 60 bits.” Ox said. She seem over joy.

“Alright. Now onto out last one before we take a break. Let start at 50 bit.” Ox said.

“80 bit.” Kindle said.

“Any other bids? Sold. Now we’ll take a short break and clear the stage and bring the next lot up.” Ox said.

------------(Friday)-------------

“SURPRISE FIREBALL!” Everyone yell as Fireball enter the offices. She jump into the air.

“Happy birthday Fireball.” Pinky pie said running up to her. She look around the room. The place had been decorated in blue and green banners. Everyone one was here. Even Princess Twilight. She smile.

“Thank you. I didn’t except this.” she said.

“Come on Fireball. Get over here and take the seat of honor.” Kindle said pulling his desk Chair out. She walk over and sat down. She was surprise by Kindle. He must have plan this whole thing.

“Ok let get the gifts out of the way. Rose if you would.” he said look to Rose.

“I have a few gifts for you. But for now here.” she pass her a painting with a card on it. It was a copied of Luna Dream. She pull the card off and read it. He face turn a light shade of red. A few minute later Twilight enter. She had a few books. One with a bow wrap on it.

“Happy Birthday Fireball. I brought you a book on fighting.” she said setting down.

“Thank you Princess.” she said looking at the book. She put on a fake smile. She didn’t care much for books. But it was a nice gift. Twilight look over to Kindle. She walk up to him and whisper in his ear.

“Can I talk with you outside.” she said and walk outside. Kindle fix his bow tie and follow.

----------(outside)----------

“Yes Princess. What did you want?” he ask. She floated two books out of her bag.

“When I was going through the books I got at the auction. I found these two books. The first had all these notes in it.” she said passing him the book.

“Science short hand.” he said looking it over.


“The second had this.” she floated the other book up. It read: Star reading for beginners. She open it. Inside was a Sliver key.

“It seem odd to hide a Key in a book.” she said.

“So what do you want me to do?” he ask. She smile.

“Well right now I would to know what you think about this?” she ask. He was quiet and seem to be thinking.

“Well. It seem that the pony who put these books up for auction. Didn’t know what they had. But I’ll take the case.” he said. She look at him a little surprise.

“What case?” she ask.

“Not to alarm you. But your being watch right now.” he said nodding behind her. She look back at a green unicorn in a hooded robe.

“I’m a Princess. I’m always being watch.” she said.

“Yes. I know. But are all you subjects arm?” he ask. She look back at the green unicorn. He had a bow on his back.

“Now I’ll take the books. And if you could. I need you send your little dragon over with a book about science short hand.” he said taking the books. She was speechless.

“One more thing. If you can have him here soon. It be all the better.” he said heading into the house. Twilight stood there and walk away. Heading back to the Library.

-------(back at the party)--------

Kindle walk in and saw inspector gray downing a bottle of his rum. He frond. He was saving that. Well at lest he didn’t find my brandy. He head to his room but was stop by fireball.

“Hey. Stop right there.” she stood in his way. She seem mad.

“What did I do this time?” he ask.

“You forgot to get me a gift.” she said.

“O right.” he floated his drew open and floated a little box out.

“Here you are.” he place it in front of her. She open it.

“A music box?” she ask.

“It seem like a nice gift for all your hard work.” he said. She smile.

“Thank you.” she said hugging him.

“Yes. Yes. Your Parse is all I need. But I need to go.” he said pushing her off and heading into his room. They all look at him oddly. The sound of glass and metal banging came from his room. Fireball was about to open the door. When Pinky Pie enter the room with a large cake.

“Fireball. Blow out the candles and make a wish.” she said. Fireball walk up to the large cake. She look around at all them. She smile and blow the candle out.

“What did you wish for?” Pinky ask. But before she could answer the top blow off. Rose standing on top. Everyone cheer. Kindle snuck pass as they all watch her. He floated two boxes outside.

Once outside he head to the library. Meeting spike halfway there. One he had the on science short hand. He headed of the ever free forest. The Green unicorn follow him the whole way.

--------(zecora house)-------

“Hello immortal. How can I help you today?” she ask as he enter.

“Just need a little help with something.” he said setting his boxes on the table. He open them and started to put pecker’s and jars on little metal stands.

“What all this?” she ask.

“Stuff I got at an auction. The same auction twilight got these books.” he said setting the two book down. She look them over. She open the note book.

“What is are all these chicken scratches?” she ask.

“Science short hand. But this book should solve that problem.” he said setting the other book next to it. he continue to set up more pecker and burners. She open the other book and a Sliver Key fell out.

“Don’t lose that.” he said floating the key into the air and set on the table.

“What does it unlock?” she ask.

“A Lock.” he smile. She laugh a little.

“Right then. Now let start on that book.” he said pulling out a quill and paper.

“I have one more question immortal.” she said.

“What?” he ask.

“Why did you come here?” she ask. He turn to face her. She blush a little. He smile.

“Your home is the safest place right now.” he said.

“Nothing else?” she ask batting her eyes at him.

“Well. There are other benefit of being here.” he said facing her. She smile with a wink as she walk into the back room. He smile and lock the door. Walking into the back room.

---------(12 hours later)-------

Kindle smile. Wow what a mare. He look over to her. She finally pass out. He sigh. He didn’t have time to sleep now. He need to get back to work. He climb out of bed and got dress. He walk into the other room and started to translate the book.

-------(3 hour later)--------

zecora could smell something burning. She got up and walk out into the main room. Kindle had the window open and was waving a large fan. Blowing the smoke out.

“What happen Kindle.” she ask. He look at her. This was the first time she had use his name.

“Just burn some chemicals trying to solve this problem.” he said floating a piece of paper up. It had his writing all over it. The smoke clear. He close the window.

“How did you sleep zecora?” he ask. She smile.

“I was lonely.” she said walking up to him. She kiss him on the cheek and headed over to her kitchen. She started to cook. Kindle continue to work with his books.

“I GOT IT!” he yell. Zecora drop a pan as he did.

“What?” she ask.

“These are not chemical formula. They plan to build something. Or maybe. For something he already built.” he said closing the book. She look at him as he gather his things. He put the Sliver key in his coat pocket. She pick up her pan and started to cook. He put his bag on his back.

“Can I offer you something to eat Kindle? She ask. Holding a frying pan out. It had two eggs and hash browns. He smile.

“Ok I have a few minutes.” he said as he set his bags down. She places a plate down in front of him. She smile and look across the table at him.

“Last night was fun.” she said as he had a mouthful.

“I was wondering Kindle. If you would visit more often?” she ask. He swallow.

“I may be able to free up some time. But you know.” he pause. “You don’t have to wait for me. You can come to my place anytime you want.” he said. She smile.

“I would like that.” she said. He finish his meal and kiss her. Then headed to the door. He stop as he unlock it.

“You should know. If we are going to try this. That there are always dangerous pony’s after me.” he said heading out the door.

“I’m aware of that. Kindle the immortal.” she said with a smile.

---------(Ponyville auction house)----------

Ox crawl for his life. His back legs were broken. He was bleeding badly. He needed help. He could see the back door. It was open. If he could get there then he could call for help. He crawl faster. But each time he pull. The pain ran up his legs. He continue on. He still didn’t understand. Why we they were doing this? What did they want? He told them all sales were final and that he didn’t have the names of those who purchase the items.

“Were do you think your going?” he froze. A large shadowy figure stood in the doorway.

“I don’t have what you want.” he said putting his hoofs up.

“I know that. But you know who does. Now tell me or I let her at you again.” he said. Not stepping out of the shadows. Ox turn to see the pony who had attack him. A large blade floated magically in the air. It drip with his blood.

“I don’t know. We have a lot of customers.” he said in a panic.

“I’ll ask. One last time. And if you don’t answers. Well. I like to very it a bit. But in the end you die. So. Who Did you sell the music Boxes to?” he ask.

“Ok. Ok. I think one went to a green unicorn. He not a regular. The other went to a yellow mare in a blue sun dress with a large feathery hat.” he said in fear.

“And the last?” he ask. The bloody blade was above his head. Blood drop onto it.

“Some rich detective.” he yell. The shadow figure walk to the door.

“Good. That all we needed.” he said.

“So now you’ll go and leave me alone?” he ask.

“I’m sorry. But no.” he said.

“What?” Ox yell.

“You see. My associate here. She does enjoy the act of killing. So it out of my hoofs. But I do thank you for all you help in this matter.” he said walking away. Ox turn over and look. She star at him.

“Please don’t.” he beg. He could see her smile as the blade slash down.

-----------(Kindle wood)----------

Kindle enter the office. Party supplies cover the floor. There was a large cake sitting in the middle of the floor. He walk over to his desk. He pick his trash bin over on his desk. He was looking for the auction flyer. It had a list of items from the lot. He found it and look it over.

Ponyville auction House.

This months items include the following.

Lot 1: A large wooden star map. Sciences equipment. 12 piece dinning room set. Box of small paints. A box of books. A Grand father clock. A globe of equestria. A recliner. A queen size bed and frame. Three small music boxes. All item sold will help the family of Proffer K. L. White.

Lot 2: Maps, charts, 6 oak desks.....

It continue on. He look at lot 1 again. He pull out his notes. He continue to look back and forward between the auction House flyer and his notes.

“That is.” he said. He walk over to Fireballs room and open the door. The two mares jump as he enter. He saw the grandfather clock in the corner. He open it and look inside.

“What do you think your doing.” Fireball ask.

“I’ve taking a case.” he said. They both look at him oddly.

“Ok. But why are you looking in my clock.” Rose ask.

“It was at the auction.” he said turning to them. They were in the queen size bed.

“So wasn’t this.” he said knocking on the wooden post. They watch him as if he was crazy.

“Seem normal. But what about the mattes?” he said pulling the blanket off the two girls. A red plastic rod fell to the floor. The mares blush.

“I really don’t care. I need to see if there anything in the mattes.” he said pulling a knife out.

“Wait. It not the same mattes.” Rose said putting her hoofs up.

“Then were the old one?” he ask. She pointed out the window. Two garbage pony’s were loading it into a wagon. He ran out of the room. The girls watch as he wave to the two pony’s down. He jump into the wagon and started to cut the mattes. A few minute later he return.

“The painting. were are they?” he ask. The knife still floating in the air.

“O no. you are not cutting up my paintings.” Rose said. He laugh a little.

“No I don’t thing there anything in them. But they may give me a clue to what they after.” he said. They look at him.

“Who?” they ask.

“Who ever was following Twilight around. The one who are following me now.” he told them.

“Who are they?” Fireball ask as Rose gather her paintings.

“Don’t know.” he said as they move into the main office. Rose set the paint out on the table.

“What do they want?” she ask.

“This key and the books the came with it.” he said setting them down on the table next to the stack of Paintings.

“What make them so valuable?” she ask.

“Fireball I need your gifts we gave you.” he said not answering her question. She gather the Paint and Music box. She place them on the table. He open the book the key was in. He look in the lower corner of the page. It had two letters wrote down by the page number.

“Ok. Rose. I need your help here. I’m going to call out 2 letters. I need you to find the painting name match it.” he told her. He look down at the page. He figure they had some meaning. He started to read them off. When they finish he ask.

“Rose. Is there anything odd about these painting?” he ask.

“Other then they fakes and have been alter slightly.” she said.

“Alter?” he ask.

“Yes. Any copies of a picture are always alter. This keep them from being sold as the real ones.” she said and point a few out. After she was done. He study the paintings. He couldn’t figure it out. Fireball was messing with her music box. It started to play. It was a sweet luaby. That when it hit him. He floated the music box out of her hoofs and set it onto his desk. He walk over and floated his tools over. They watch as he poke at it.

“Ok now I get it. They after this.” he said.

“But why. I wouldn’t even steal that.” Rose said.

“Because it just one piece to a larger puzzle.” he said.

Author's Note:

Hey. This one a three parter. So you’ll have to wait till next Friday. but sorry for the late post. “Your mean.” Gem stone why are you still here? I thought I put you in my new fic. “You still need to post it.” I know. But people yell if I post first drafts. So now I got my friend editing. “Well when he going to get done?” When he can. It only a matter of time. He a really good editor but he has his own story to work on. “Like what.” You know who. He the one with that red unicorn with weird stripes. You know that guy. “O right. Ok. So how long It going to take?” (Face hoof.) I just told you.