• Published 7th Mar 2013
  • 361 Views, 0 Comments

The Story of Samantha Frost - shadowpheon



"There are thousands of alternant universes, each containing a possible future" -Anon

  • ...
 0
 361

The Begining

"It's a beautiful girl!" The doctor exclaimed. He carried the small newborn to General Lydia Frost, whom of which was in the bed, panting with a smile. Colonel Hector Frost held her hoof, and released it as the newborn was delivered to them.

"What should we call her?" Hector asked, softly touching his new daughter.

"Samantha." Lydia answered, smiling to Hector as she offered the infant. He took her up, gently cradling her.

"That's perfect." He smiled. "Little Samantha Frost." He chuckled lightly. Samantha stirred as her parents gave her their love and affection.

The doctor turned to a nurse and said, "Time and date of birth. Nine twenty three P.M. February seventh, twenty seventy six."
***

Seven Years Later
***

"Come on mom! It's starting soon!" The young Samantha Frost called, bounding on a couch.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming. Settle down Samantha." Lydia chuckled as she entered the living quarters, taking a seat in one of the chairs. Samantha leapt over to her, making herself comfortable on Lydia's lap. Lydia turned on the view screen.

"Why isn't dad home with us tonight?" Samantha asked.

"He was needed in the office for some important work." Lydia explained. Samantha put on her pouting face. "Don't give me that look young lady. You know very well how important your father's job is. And you know he can't just come home anytime you want him to."

Samantha sighed in defeat, "I know. I just like him here because he likes to watch the negotiations with us." Lydia smiled, petting her softly.

"I'm sure he'll be watching them from the office." They both silenced as what they had been waiting for came on.
The announcer introduced in his gruff voice, "Next on Equestrian News Network, our live broadcast from the Dragon Negotiations." The view screen then brought them the live feed. Samantha watched it like a hawk, soaking up everything she saw. Lydia soon passed out, leaving Samantha in silence for the two hour broadcast.

A few months later, Samantha was sitting at home alone, for Lydia and Hector were both doing their respected jobs at the base. Just then, an emergency broadcast came on the view screen. "Breaking news from the Dragon Negotiations, as a pact may be reached within the hour and peace may be made. We take you there live!"

Samantha smiled and climbed into the chair, for she was strangely fascinated by the negotiations. She watched the live feed for about twenty minutes before something completely unexpected happened. The dragon leader stood suddenly, pounding on the table before lashing out at one of the Elements of Harmony.

The unsuspecting pony was caught off guard, being swept away in a blur before he was slammed into a wall, falling to the ground motionless. The other dragons reacted equally, taking out whatever pony was closest to them. The princesses jumped up, blasting dragons with their magic, all the while their guards, the Elements of Harmony, and soon themselves were slaughtered.

Samantha watched in horror at the bloodshed. She sat motionless, unable to look away as she watched the dragons slaughter every pony in the room. The feed cut back to the reporter. "This just in, the dragons have gone ramped! They have killed our beloved princesses, and are now attacking cities all across Equestria! Hide your families! Hide yourselves! Just-"

The screen cut to static. Samantha ran over to the communicator, picking it up in a panic. She quickly connected to her mother's. "Samantha! Is that you?"

"Mom! Please come home now! I'm scared!" Samantha cried out.

"Don't worry sweetie, I'm on my way there right now! Your father should be there soon!" Suddenly, an explosion went off nearby, causing Samantha to scream and drop the communicator. She ran for the closet as Lydia called, "Samantha? Samantha!" Samantha opened the closet and picked up the heavy combat shotgun her mother kept in there.

She retreated to a corner, doing as her father taught her, checking to make sure the shotgun was loaded, and cocking it to ensure one was in the tube. She held up the weapon, ready for any threat to come at her. She became fearful for her parents as she heard more explosions. Suddenly, the ceiling collapsed in a loud crash.

A large dragon in armor rose from the dust, growling deeply as he advanced upon the small filly. Samantha screamed in fear, pulling the trigger to the large shotgun. The weapon's powerful slug-round left the tube, implanting itself in the dragon's skull, while the equally powerful recoil snapped Samantha's arm. She screamed out bloody murder in pain.

The dragon fell to the floor with a loud thud, and Hector kicked the door open. "Samantha!" He yelled as he ran to her, picking her up and hugging her. He then noticed the combat shotgun lying on the floor with a spent shell, and the dragon with a hole in his skull. "Did you kill that dragon?" Samantha only nodded.

Lydia appeared in the doorway, "Oh thank god you're both safe!" She ran over and embraced the two of them. She then picked up the shotgun.

"Samantha's arm is broken, Lydia. She needs to be taken to the medical wing." Hector informed her.
"Well, let's get a move on. It's gonna be the safest there anyway." Lydia replied, leading the way out the door. Samantha was crying with a mixture of pain and fear.

"Shh. We'll be fine. We're gonna be alright. You're gonna be alright. We're gonna make it." Hector comforted his distraught daughter.
***

Eleven Years Later
***

"We're so proud of you sweetie." Lydia smiled.

"You look like you're gonna make one fine pilot." Hector added.

"Thank you. You both pushed me to become this, and I couldn't be happier." Samantha thanked her parents, standing in front of them in her new pilot recruit uniform. She hugged them, then turned and began walking for the entrance of the EDF Academy of Flight.

"Good luck Samantha." Lydia and Hector waved as she left them. Samantha entered and did her eight weeks of flight training. She left a corporal in the EDF, and a pilot. Two weeks later, she entered the briefing room.

"Take a seat pilots." Ordered the captain. The numerous pilots found their seats, and the captain began, "We have a new piece of equipment for our arsenal. The Vertical Take Off and Landing craft, or VTOL," He activated a screen, and a three dimensional model of a VTOL began screening, "Is a versatile attack aircraft. We will use this to replace our jets, and eliminate the need for a runway, clearing space for refugees."

Samantha raised her hoof. "Yes Corporal Frost?"

"Sir, when do we get them?" She asked.
The captain smiled. "We already have them. Two hundred were delivered by Stable Tech yesterday." Samantha fell silent as he continued on about the VTOL. After the briefing, she walked to the barracks and undressed, climbing into her bunk and sighing loudly.

"Long day Frost?" Asked her bunk mate, a young stallion, just older than her.

"You know it Keeting." She smiled as he poked his head over the edge of the bunk and grinned.

"Need any means to relax?" He asked.

"Keeting, you can stare at my nude body all you want, but you ain't ever gonna get to feel it." Samantha chuckled as his grin disappeared.

"Eh, I'll work you around one of these days." He sighed in defeat as he returned to his own bunk.

"Keep dreaming." Samantha closed her eyes, ready for some sleep.

Just then, the intercom echoed, "Corporal Frost to the command center. Corporal Frost to the command center." Samantha groaned. She sat up and grabbed her pilot tech under armor.

"Can never get any sleep 'round this damn place..." She grumbled. After dressing, she walked in the direction of the command center. During her walk, she used her arm computer to search up Intel on the DRA. She soon arrived at the command center's doors, only to be stopped by the guards.

"No entry is permitted at this time pilot. Return to your duties." One of the guards said in a firm voice.

"But, I was called down here." Samantha protested.

"No entry. General's orders. Now get a move on pilot before I have you court marshaled!" The guard threatened. Samantha grumbled in defeat as she turned and began walking away.

Lydia stepped out from the doors and called, "Samantha. There you are. Where are you going?"

Samantha turned back, "These guys say I'm not permitted to enter." Lydia turned to face the two guards.

"This is my daughter, and she is permitted to enter as she pleases. Understood?" She practically growled.

"Yes Ma'am!" The two answered, stepping aside.

"Come now darling. We have some important business to attend to." Lydia walked back into the command center with Samantha right on her heels. Once inside, Lydia steered Samantha to a table, two other generals standing by it with a few other officers.

"Sorry for the interruption. Had to let my daughter in." Lydia apologized as the two walked up to the table.

"No worries General. This is Samantha?" One of the other generals asked.

"Yes. Samantha?" Lydia asked.

"Yes mother?" The others showed visible signs of irk at Samantha’s lack of formality to Lydia, though the two didn't care.

"The reason I called you down here is because this involves your father, and I believe you have the right to know about it." Samantha nodded. "So where were we?"

An officer started, "Well General, Colonel Frost has been imprisoned by Stable Tech on the grounds of suspected treason. We have tried to reason with them, but they threatened to cut our contract if we persisted. They will be putting him on trial, and they say if they find treason, they will execute him."

Samantha's heart sank as she paled slightly. "Samantha? Are you alright darling?" Samantha said nothing, but turned and calmly walked out of the command center. Lydia watched her daughter leave, choosing not to bother her.